Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The word "Bitcoin halving"  (Read 2573 times)
x13

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 11:38:35 AM

There is a similar question in the same section here where I have recently answered two.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1446999.0

I posted two links which are explaining exactly what halving is, which impact it will has and when it will come.

Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:30:23 AM

From the word bitcoin halving it means the block reward will be half from 25 to 12.5 and for the share holders it is the right time to sell their bitcoin because they can make a lot of profit from it like if they but it from $480 and sell it after bitcoin halving at $1200 and their profit is $720.
ahmedjamal1998 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 09:36:09 AM

Bitcoin halving is when miners receive half of the original bitcoin when a new block is mined. It started with 50 btc per blocks mined. Then at November 28, 2012 the first subsidy halving occur. Some speculate that the price will increase dramatically because of the supply deceases and demand increasing. Others say that the miners will lose profit and stop mining, causing it to drop. However there is not much changes happened. THe bitcoin halving happens every 4 years to control the supply of bitcoin. Maybe in year 2140 there will be no new bitcoin generated.
You can read more at http://cryptocoinblog.com/what-is-the-halving-effect-in-bitcoin-mining-investments/
From the word bitcoin halving it means the block reward will be half from 25 to 12.5 and for the share holders it is the right time to sell their bitcoin because they can make a lot of profit from it like if they but it from $480 and sell it after bitcoin halving at $1200 and their profit is $720.
Halving basically means the halving of the block reward. Currently this figure stands at 25 BTC per block, it's soon going to be only 12.5. It's a great time to buy in, I suppose.
There is a similar question in the same section here where I have recently answered two.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1446999.0

I posted two links which are explaining exactly what halving is, which impact it will has and when it will come.

Thanks a lot guys. I think I kinda get the concept now.
X13 I'll those links as well ty. 😚😀
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:15:19 AM

In bitcoin I have read that the code dictates that 21 million coins will be released over the course of bitcoin's life cycle. Trough limiting the total amount or number of bitcoins that could be created, Mr. Nakamoto was able to establish a defined amount of available data, a revolutionary accomplishment in and of itself.

The limited production of bitcoins was, in the same way, aimed at counteracting the endless printing of paper currencies, thus, there is halving.
adam48

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:20:23 AM

in my opinion other than halving explanation, and this is the effect of halving can make the price increase, due to a reduction in the number of block reward, so that when the demand will increase and price will also increase.

Whitepaper          ░▒█ Take back your insurance!  █▒░     Announcement
        ▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆   Umbrella Coin   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
BlogFacebook░▒█  ICO -20th August - 20th October █▒░ DiscordTwitter
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:50:35 AM

Hi guys.

The thing is every now and then in several topics (specially in economics section ) I hear the word bitcoin halving??

What does that word mean???  I really don't get it.

I would be grateful if anybody explains what is meant by it.

Thanks
The meaning of halving is making the block rewards half from 25 to 12.5 and resulting for miners to mine bitcoin harder after bitcoin halving event because the mining difficulty will rise. Other users said that after halving, Mining bitcoin will not be profitable anymore but i think that they are wrong because the price is adjusting and rising to make the mining halving still profitable Grin.
xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:05:56 AM

I don't really know what is meant with halving it, but I know something effect of halving surely when halving it will have an impact on the price increase.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:47:18 AM

This event, the moment when the mining reward is divided by 2, is commonly called "Bitcoin halving". and some other people are saying that because of it the price will go high .
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:19:48 AM

The thing is every now and then in several topics (specially in economics section ) I hear the word bitcoin halving??
What does that word mean???  I really don't get it.
In very short, it means m0000000000000000000000000000n Cheesy
In longer version, it means 12,5 bitcoins mined every 10 minutes instead of 25. Thats huge.
yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 07:12:29 AM

I don't really know what is meant with halving it, but I know something effect of halving surely when halving it will have an impact on the price increase.
Yes youre right every halving makes the bitcoin price to go up,, buyers and traders are waiting for this halving to come,cause for them it one way to make an easy profit..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:23:31 AM

This event, the moment when the mining reward is divided by 2, is commonly called "Bitcoin halving". and some other people are saying that because of it the price will go high .
Yeah it will go up because the stocks will be fewer than before and bitcoin will be hard to mine or earn. So it cause for other people to buy a lot of bitcoins on low price just like what happened on few weeks ago and they continue keeping it for the incoming halving because they believe that holding bitcoin can help us to make good profits because the price is continue rising and resulting for easy profit Smiley.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:20:42 PM

Yes youre right every halving makes the bitcoin price to go up,, buyers and traders are waiting for this halving to come,cause for them it one way to make an easy profit..

Yes halving will take price of bitcoin higher and that is the reason everyone is holding their coins to get higher profits by selling their coins at that time.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:49:12 PM

Yes halving will take price of bitcoin higher and that is the reason everyone is holding their coins to get higher profits by selling their coins at that time.
That is true but we can't be sure about that high price that it will last for long time because the price of bitcoin is always depending on the users if the users will keep selling their coins after halving it will result for a massive drop for the price but it's a good thing in disguise because we can be able to buy bitcoin for a lower price again so it means that it's a opportunity to make more money because if we buy at a lower price i.e the price is $300 and we hold it again and sell it for $450 for 1 bitcoin and we can take home that $150 profit Cool.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:02:07 PM

That is true but we can't be sure about that high price that it will last for long time because the price of bitcoin is always depending on the users if the users will keep selling their coins after halving it will result for a massive drop for the price but it's a good thing in disguise because we can be able to buy bitcoin for a lower price again so it means that it's a opportunity to make more money because if we buy at a lower price i.e the price is $300 and we hold it again and sell it for $450 for 1 bitcoin and we can take home that $150 profit Cool.

Price of bitcoin is not moving up now and that is really a big thing to worry as we were expecting some higher price by now but its not happening at a moment.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:10:51 PM

Yeah it will go up because the stocks will be fewer than before and bitcoin will be hard to mine or earn.

I assume by "stocks", you mean bitcoins. The number of bitcoins is always increasing toward 21 million. There will be more bitcoins after the halving than before the halving.

Bitcoins will be only temporarily be harder to mine until the difficulty drops and/or miner efficiency rises.

Bitcoins will not be harder to earn unless the price rises.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:13:56 PM

There has only been one Bitcoin halving, so I don't know why you write "every halving". Anyway, the price of a bitcoin was flat for two months after the first halving.

Maybe you are including the Litecoin halving last year. In that case, the price dropped after the halving and was flat for nine months.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:15:03 PM

Price of bitcoin is not moving up now and that is really a big thing to worry as we were expecting some higher price by now but its not happening at a moment.

I don't think that halving will show us the best price that we all are expecting from it but lets hope we may see higher price in compare to current price.
JITENDERPAR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:57:35 AM

There is a price increase after halving because the supply of the coins are Low and The mining reward is halved!!!!!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:55:14 AM

There is a price increase after halving because the supply of the coins are Low and The mining reward is halved!!!!!

Currently, the supply of bitcoins increases by 25 every 10 minutes. After the halving, the supply will increase by 12.5 every 10 minutes. Regardless, the supply is higher after the halving and it continues to increase.

Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:12:22 PM

Currently, the supply of bitcoins increases by 25 every 10 minutes. After the halving, the supply will increase by 12.5 every 10 minutes. Regardless, the supply is higher after the halving and it continues to increase.
Well I think that this is the most precise explanation of what is really happening to halving. The price also rises because of halving cause many believes that bitcoin go to the moon during this time. So many buy and the demand increases.

I don't think people are buying at a moment as if they would be buying then price would not be stable and it will continue to move up, but its not happening at a moment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: