Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cheapest way to go from BTC to USD wire to someone else  (Read 1003 times)
Looser by Choice (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 03:19:49 PM

Ok I have BTCs i can sell them and withdraw to my bank account via mtgox and then wire to someone else.
But I would like to skip the extra step and just convert my btcs to usd and wire to a 3rd party directly and that way saving on bank fees.
What would be the cheapest way to wire your BTCs to USD bank account?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Ok I have BTCs i can sell them and withdraw to my bank account via mtgox and then wire to someone else.
But I would like to skip the extra step and just convert my btcs to usd and wire to a 3rd party directly and that way saving on bank fees.
What would be the cheapest way to wire your BTCs to USD bank account?
Have that someone open and verify a MtGox account. You send them btc or a gox code, they withdraw to their bank.

For those who miss the point of this thread - MtGox AML regulations require you to wire money to a bank account issued in your name. Not sure how other bigger exchanges compare.

Moderator: please move to "service discussion". Loser by Choice can do the same by clicking the link in lower left of the screen when viewing the thread.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Looser by Choice (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 12:15:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately in that particular case having those people open mtgox acc is not really an option Sad
and in most cases when dealing with traditional business too.
Looser by Choice (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:02:12 PM

I guess we dont have such options yet, but maybe those p2p exchanges... ? Smiley
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:16:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately in that particular case having those people open mtgox acc is not really an option Sad
and in most cases when dealing with traditional business too.

Initiate a wire transfer on aurumxchange.com ?

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:31:45 PM

and what is the cheapest way from
BTC to PP
and
USD to PP
(btc-e takes 5.5%)
TIA
niko

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:37:37 PM

Bitcoins are easy, fast, and cheap to move around the world, dollars and euros are not.  This thread is really asking about moving dollars between people, and has nothing to do with Bitcoin.

Looser by Choice (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:50:36 PM

Bitcoins are easy, fast, and cheap to move around the world, dollars and euros are not.  This thread is really asking about moving dollars between people, and has nothing to do with Bitcoin.

wow, the thread is actually about an easy way of cashing out bitcoins in dollars to 3rd parties....come on read
niko

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:02:50 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 06:21:20 AM by niko

Bitcoins are easy, fast, and cheap to move around the world, dollars and euros are not.  This thread is really asking about moving dollars between people, and has nothing to do with Bitcoin.

wow, the thread is actually about an easy way of cashing out bitcoins in dollars to 3rd parties....come on read
No, this thread is about selling bitcoins for US dollars, then sending those dollars to someone else.

Or sending bitcoins to someone else, then that someone selling those bitcoins for dollars.

There is no such thing as "cashing out to 3rd parties", and there are good reasons why any sane merchant or customer would not attempt to get involved in such practice. Each trade involves implicit and explicit contractual obligations and rights. "Cashing out to 3rd parties" only invites trouble.  

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 02:59:56 AM

How can I use X to do Y?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: