Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halvening  (Read 4167 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:59:24 AM

The halving is coming soon and it is going to change some things, it will be harder now to earn Bitcoin so for the people that were mining this is really bad news.
Besides that I hope that the price can reach $800 before the halving comes in.
I think it's not really a bad news for miners. Because the price is going up and adjusting to make mining bitcoin still profitable even though the mining difficulty will increase and the mining block reward will be half.

I also hope for that price to reach up to $800 per piece before halving and i think that it is possible because now the price is ranging $600-700+ per piece so i think it will be easy for bitcoin to reach that price expectations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:38:38 AM

I had a dream, a dream in a world where bitcoin its in everyday use, where people full of greed accumulates and holds Bitcoins like precious metals waiting for THE HALVENING.

A world wide tradition that happens every four years and can turn the poor into rich and the rich into poor

That's what will make Bitcoin to success, GREED
The halving is going to happen soon and I am curious about what is going to happen with the price after the halving.
Do you guys have any idea of what the price might be after the halving because I do not know what to expect.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:46:57 PM

Well I don't expect anything good after halving. Probably we will see a massive dump after halving since many are selling. Then after that is a good time to buy again.
Unfortunately I agree with you and I think the demand and sell balances is changed to sell so prices may decrease after halving.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
toodamntired

Activity: 471

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

I tend to agree with the people who think that the price will go up, up, up... only for the simple reason that everyone is speculating that it will either go up or drop for a bit and then go up... everyone is expecting it to go up either way and so there's your demand... with a shorter supply, there will be a frenzy to grab as much as everyone can.. There's your supply.

Hmm, Supply and Demand. Think that may play a part in the pricing somehow.

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:55:27 PM

The question you have to ask during this whole halving event, is will there be enough of a demand of buy orders on the other side.

As while these sell off happens and if you dont, it just create panic as well making the price go down to what it was originally.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:44:24 PM

Well I don't expect anything good after halving. Probably we will see a massive dump after halving since many are selling. Then after that is a good time to buy again.
That is right Smiley Halving will cause for a massive drop because almost users mindset is just to sell their coins because they only know that they will earn a lot of money by just selling all their coins and if that happens it's one of the great opportunity to take advantage of because it will result for the price to drop to $400 or below which is good to us traders/buyers who want to save some money and buy bitcoins for a cheap price and hold it and wait again for another price increase Grin.
cecelady

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:32:01 AM

You've made a new account specifically to come and say this?
Lol, what is the point even? Cheesy

I'd guess this post are the type of post intended to gather posts and activity as to this is his alternative account..... LOL
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:43:16 AM

Hmm, Supply and Demand. Think that may play a part in the pricing somehow.
That makes the price, not part of it!

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:20:36 AM

That is right Smiley Halving will cause for a massive drop because almost users mindset is just to sell their coins because they only know that they will earn a lot of money by just selling all their coins and if that happens it's one of the great opportunity to take advantage of because it will result for the price to drop to $400 or below which is good to us traders/buyers who want to save some money and buy bitcoins for a cheap price and hold it and wait again for another price increase Grin.

Yes. After the award of reducing the situation may develop in two opposite scenarios: on the one hand, the prices of cryptocurrency can continue to grow under the influence of a lower award. On the other hand, Bitcoin exchange rate may go down: fear of instability, investors will sell their cryptocurrency assets.

Another possible consequence of the reduction in awards can become bankrupt or closing miners: some of them have to stop their operations due to the drop in revenue from of mining.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:34:11 AM

Currently everyone is exicted about the halving. and because of halving hype bitcoin price is increasing. Once the halving is over we shall see how bitcoin reacts to the massive selling pressure.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:22:32 AM

I had a dream, a dream in a world where bitcoin its in everyday use, where people full of greed accumulates and holds Bitcoins like precious metals waiting for THE HALVENING.

A world wide tradition that happens every four years and can turn the poor into rich and the rich into poor

The halving is going to happen soon and I am curious about what is going to happen with the price after the halving.
Do you guys have any idea of what the price might be after the halving because I do not know what to expect.

Its really hard to predict now of what could be the price after halving. It can go down to as low as 300$ or maybe it will remain stable at 650$ .
It all depends if the bitcoin managed to reach an attractive price which may cause the bitcoin holders  to sell the coins.
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:29:18 AM

Its really hard to predict now of what could be the price after halving. It can go down to as low as 300$ or maybe it will remain stable at 650$ .
It all depends if the bitcoin managed to reach an attractive price which may cause the bitcoin holders  to sell the coins.

Yeah, when the halving hype is done, i think the price of bitcoin will decrease and back to normal and before it happen it's better to sell all your bitcoin.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:41:41 AM

it is very difficult to predict whether the price will drop or stay back the same or increases, but i believe that the price wont fall back to $300 again.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:17:21 PM

so was bitcoin going up in your dream? or was it going to crash?
The halving is going to happen soon and that is attracting allot of people which could of course lead to more users. I am curious about what the price is going to be after the halving.
Maybe the price is going to drop because people want to buy coins because at the moment the price is pretty high.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:59:52 AM

The halving is going to be soon and the price at the moment is still, what I hope for is that after the halving the price is going to rise again.
I want to price to be $1000 this year because I have been waiting some time for it now.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:22:06 AM

Your dream might turn into reality and it will happen someday in the near future. The best thing you mention is the poor becomes rich and the rich becomes poor. It will be only possible if after the halving the bitcoins price will tremendously go down and the rich who has big amount of bitcoins will go poor, and the poor at that moment will be given a chance to purchase bitcoin and when it will increase in price the they possibly get rich.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:36:55 AM

Your dream might turn into reality and it will happen someday in the near future. The best thing you mention is the poor becomes rich and the rich becomes poor. It will be only possible if after the halving the bitcoins price will tremendously go down and the rich who has big amount of bitcoins will go poor, and the poor at that moment will be given a chance to purchase bitcoin and when it will increase in price the they possibly get rich.
It is possible Xester,but we cannot get ourselver over-excited like a bunch of kids.That is what most people do,because there are so many dreamers at this forum i cant even believe it.
Bitcoin can really be somekind of future coin,but in a really long time,and i would say something else will be invented for that purpose,not bitcoin.
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:33:49 PM

Yeah, when the halving hype is done, i think the price of bitcoin will decrease and back to normal and before it happen it's better to sell all your bitcoin.

What do you mean by "normal"? I agree that the last price increase was due to people speculating on the future value of Bitcoin. But if you understand how the halving works, you will realise that tomorrow, when block 420.000 is mined, the supply of new bitcoins will be halved FOREVER. And after 4 year, it would be halved again. The supply of bitcoin is a finite amount, it will never go beyond 21.000.000.
This means that the real effect of the halving is not what we see now. In will be in the long term, when people hopefully will want to buy bitcoin and there will be less and less in circulation.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:16:45 PM

how can the poor people turn into rich because of using of bitcoin if they don't have a budget to invest on bitcoin maybe they can earn it but it is not so big  Grin Grin btw sorry i forgot you are just dreaming about the world where their worlwide currency is bitcoin  Grin Grin
IF you just a middle class person and get into bitcoin on it's early age then there's  a chance that you'll easily get rich in bitcoin if you use to hold it until this year.
Legasean

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:00:17 PM

The halving will be profitable for us all and I think we can make a lot of money with just the halving right now.
Its very nice to have the halving near its gonna be very profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: