Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant I WAS ROBBED  (Read 814 times)
anthonykash (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:32:18 PM

Bitinstant is by far the worst company to do business with these days. They used to be a solid place to purchase bitcoins from, but if something goes wrong forget about it. I didn't receive my coins right away like I usually do and contacted them via email. The guy Seth looked up my 9 digit account number and said i was all set and I'd receive my coins within 24 hours. It's been 24 hours and I email him back and he tells me he said 1 business day. He did not say 1 business day, he said within 24 hours. I've ordered on the weekends before without a problem. This is bullshit that we get no help or support when something goes wrong. The company is based over in Buffalo and I swear I'll file criminal charges if I don't get my money. I won't be robbed for even 1$ out of principle. I'm not sure what has happened with this company, not sure at all and it's to bad to.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:44:22 PM

There's an official BitInstant support topic for just this reason. Use it.
NoobMiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 11:29:42 PM

There's also a rule about someone with 1 post not posting anywhere but the Newbies section....   Roll Eyes
uscc

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 11:41:49 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 12:05:20 AM by uscc

Even though you have previously received bitcoin on the weekend, I still think you need to be patient. They are a business afterall. Wait until Monday before saying they robbed you.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

You were not robbed.  Please stop being so melodramatic.

Also note, that there has not yet been a single confirmed case of BitInstant failing to pay the bitcoin to the specified bitcoin address.

There have however been many confirmed cases of newbies showing up with less than 4 posts and overreacting, claiming "I was robbed!".

Then later it is confirmed that they have received their bitcoin.

If you want to say, "BitInstant takes longer than I expected!", or "I'm impatient and BitInstant is too Slow!", or "BitInstant, I want it now!" then your complaint would be accurate, but threatening criminal charges and claiming you were robbed is just silly.

Everytime I see one of these newbie "I was robbed" posts, I think of this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGJbooFq1c
navaman

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 02:36:47 AM

You were not robbed.  Please stop being so melodramatic.

Also note, that there has not yet been a single confirmed case of BitInstant failing to pay the bitcoin to the specified bitcoin address.

There have however been many confirmed cases of newbies showing up with less than 4 posts and overreacting, claiming "I was robbed!".

Then later it is confirmed that they have received their bitcoin.

If you want to say, "BitInstant takes longer than I expected!", or "I'm impatient and BitInstant is too Slow!", or "BitInstant, I want it now!" then your complaint would be accurate, but threatening criminal charges and claiming you were robbed is just silly.

Everytime I see one of these newbie "I was robbed" posts, I think of this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGJbooFq1c
Clearly, Mr. Hamilton, you are either a right-wing corporate apologist or a soft on crime left-wing liberal! Confess!!!!!!

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

Clearly, Mr. Hamilton, you are either a right-wing corporate apologist or a soft on crime left-wing liberal! Confess!!!!!!

I confess.  I am clearly one of those things.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:09:10 AM

Wait until Monday before saying they robbed you.
Tuesday, you mean. Monday's a holiday in the U.S.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: