Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:28:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7 B10 Failure  (Read 1337 times)
dannygroove (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:52:58 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 02:03:27 PM by dannygroove

Hashes for about 15 minutes and after that, the green light stops blinking. I changed PSUs just to be sure and the issue persists. There is no connection to the setup page, I did notice that the 3 hashing boards are hashing perfectly. Is this a controller board issue? Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Edit: Im using APW3-12-1600-B2 PSUs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:06:26 AM

Have you tried to reset the board with the reset button next to the Ethernet port?

5h4do3

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:11:36 PM

whats the rpm on your fans...?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:05:08 PM

im pretty much new in this community  , started mining a few months ago .. i had a same problem with one of miner i ordered from ebay . Its worked fine for the first few hours, i was able to set up the pool information...etc,  then i was not able to log in to the web interface. Hashing boards worked at full speed, confirmed this from the pool website . I reset the board with the reset button next to the Ethernet port , this step is fixed my problem ... You should do this  , after you confirmed your power supply is ok . Make sure if you are using DHCP , for any reason the Miner IP has not been changed ... next step ... maybe replacing the controller board.

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
sentralcore

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:06:27 PM

Hashes for about 15 minutes and after that, the green light stops blinking. I changed PSUs just to be sure and the issue persists. There is no connection to the setup page, I did notice that the 3 hashing boards are hashing perfectly. Is this a controller board issue? Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Ello,

One of my miner had an issue with hashing and access, it'll hash perfectly above 4.5-4.7 ths, after 15 hours, it'll go to 2.5-3.5ths, not sure why, there are no - or x on the status.

But i managed to solve it by having a timer plug, where every 12 hours it'll restart my miner, and has been perfect ever since.

EDIT: and i did a factory reset prior to solving the issue

dannygroove (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

Sorry for not getting back to you before. I will try resetting the board as soon as Im in the depot (Tomorrow). I hope that this helps as I now have 2 machines with same condition  Embarrassed
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:47:40 PM

Before you using the factory reset option ... make sure the ip address is not changed for your miners .. if you have 2 miners with the same problem and using DHCP , maybe the ip's for those miners changed for any reason ( ip lease time expired , your old ip assigned to another device on the network and your miners got a new ip ...ect),  Different IP can be a reason why you can not access to the web interface remotely or locally  . Connect you computer to the same network , log in to your router and check the IPs ... If you dont have access to the router , use any network scanning program , it will show you the connected device's with name and IP ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
lanfeusst

Activity: 190

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:52:27 PM

Thanks

You should check my post there :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg14632497#msg14632497
This problem will affect everyone including you as long as 114.114.114.114 is down
dannygroove (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 07:04:46 PM

Before you using the factory reset option ... make sure the ip address is not changed for your miners .. if you have 2 miners with the same problem and using DHCP , maybe the ip's for those miners changed for any reason ( ip lease time expired , your old ip assigned to another device on the network and your miners got a new ip ...ect),  Different IP can be a reason why you can not access to the web interface remotely or locally  . Connect you computer to the same network , log in to your router and check the IPs ... If you dont have access to the router , use any network scanning program , it will show you the connected device's with name and IP ...

IPs are fine, they haven't moved since I set them up. Thank you  Smiley

Thanks

You should check my post there :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg14632497#msg14632497
This problem will affect everyone including you as long as 114.114.114.114 is down

Interesting, Ill try that soon and report back!
dannygroove (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 02:51:05 PM

Problem is, I cant even connect with Putty as the miner appears to be completely inaccesible.

http://imgur.com/yDMsOzb

lanfeusst

Activity: 190

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:02:31 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 03:35:59 PM by lanfeusst

Problem is, I cant even connect with Putty as the miner appears to be completely inaccesible.

http://imgur.com/yDMsOzb

Sorry for my mistake, It must not be the problem I linked, in fact it seems it has been fixed in new firmware and your B10 might already be fixed then.
dannygroove (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 03:20:23 PM

Hmmm... I've been adviced not to do firmware upgrades. Now im at the crossroads.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:39:33 PM

Hmmm... I've been adviced not to do firmware upgrades. Now im at the crossroads.

I have always updated to latest firmware for 20 or so of my S7s without any issues, and they are all hashing like new. I did it through VPN connections since they are at 2 different data centers.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:44:46 PM

I have always updated to latest firmware for 20 or so of my S7s without any issues, and they are all hashing like new. I did it through VPN connections since they are at 2 different data centers.

One bad flash or electrical loss and you will be very mad at yourself for doing a bitmain firmware.   Read the stories there are many horror stories, and you normally don't gain much.

Mine was a S3 that failed, ever since I don't upgrade bitmain gear unless 100 percent necessary.  Just a lot of bad possibilities for very little good.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 10:57:51 PM

If you have problem accessing the web control panel, at this point, you some options before upgrading the firmware.

First, please try a different web browser.  Some times some browser has Cache problem and specially windows 10 built in browser, you may experience this access problem.

If it is not the browser related problem, please try to reset the S7 with a reset switch located to the "RIGHT" side of the ethernet port.  It is a little pin-hole.  Please use a paperclip or cellphone Sim extractor pin and press and hold the button inside for about 10 seconds and then let it go and wait for about 30 seconds and repeat the process.  Then power it off and power it back on.  When you reset the S7, it will bring to the factory default setting.  

If these does not work, then if you can access to the Firmware Upgrade page, please update to the newest firmware from http://www.bitmaintech.com

If none of those work, you may want to request the warranty process or local repair options if you are in Ukraine, Venezuela or USA.  You can email support@bitmainwarranty.com to request assistance.

Regarding the firmware update, yes, if you do not need the update, please keep it as is.  (If you have older firmware prior to December of 2015, you may want to upgrade the firmware as newer firmware has improved cooling setting for the built in fans)

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
dannygroove (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 03:37:37 PM

If you have problem accessing the web control panel, at this point, you some options before upgrading the firmware.

First, please try a different web browser.  Some times some browser has Cache problem and specially windows 10 built in browser, you may experience this access problem.

If it is not the browser related problem, please try to reset the S7 with a reset switch located to the "RIGHT" side of the ethernet port.  It is a little pin-hole.  Please use a paperclip or cellphone Sim extractor pin and press and hold the button inside for about 10 seconds and then let it go and wait for about 30 seconds and repeat the process.  Then power it off and power it back on.  When you reset the S7, it will bring to the factory default setting.  

If these does not work, then if you can access to the Firmware Upgrade page, please update to the newest firmware from http://www.bitmaintech.com

If none of those work, you may want to request the warranty process or local repair options if you are in Ukraine, Venezuela or USA.  You can email support@bitmainwarranty.com to request assistance.

Regarding the firmware update, yes, if you do not need the update, please keep it as is.  (If you have older firmware prior to December of 2015, you may want to upgrade the firmware as newer firmware has improved cooling setting for the built in fans)

Are there local repair options in Ukraine, Venezuela and USA? Please send me a PM
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 03:26:48 AM

@dannygroove,

Message sent!

Yes, local center is available in USA, Russia, Ukraine and Venezuela and a few other places at limited capacity and you can use native language to communicate with each center or via support@bitmainwarranty.com 

You no longer have to use google translator to communicate with our techs back and forth.  If you speak English, great, if you speak Language from Russia or Ukraine, message us in your native language, if you speak Spanish, talk to us in Spanish, if you happen to speak Íslenska, message us in that and we will assist you in your native language!

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: