Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 11:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to fund a buyer funded coin  (Read 524 times)
cryptoheadd (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:18:06 PM

Hey,

I just bought a 0.1BTC Lealana Coin & it's buyer funded.
How do I fund it?

Thanks
cryptoheadd (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:32:34 PM

Hey,

How do I fund it?

Thanks

The original buyer or smoothie should have the full BTC address.
You may be able to look it up by the first bits shown on the coin.
Once you find the full address, just send 0.1BTC (or whatever amount you want) to the given address.
Cheesy

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Yes, but how do I redeem it?

Thanks for your reply.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2301

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:10:03 PM

If you do decide to fund s buyer funded lealana coin, be sure to verify the GPG signed address from smoothie to ensure that you are sending to the correct address and so that you can prove that the coin is in fact funded in the future.
cryptoheadd (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:14:52 PM

Hey,

How do I fund it?

Thanks

The original buyer or smoothie should have the full BTC address.
You may be able to look it up by the first bits shown on the coin.
Once you find the full address, just send 0.1BTC (or whatever amount you want) to the given address.
Cheesy

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Yes, but how do I redeem it?

Thanks for your reply.

You would have to peel the hologram and enter the private key underneath into your wallet.
This is easy to do with a blockchain wallet.....  other work just as well.
Can google "import private key bitcoin".
There should be some good guides.

Thanks.

Thank you for your help, Minerjones  Grin
cryptoheadd (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:15:59 PM

If you do decide to fund s buyer funded lealana coin, be sure to verify the GPG signed address from smoothie to ensure that you are sending to the correct address and so that you can prove that the coin is in fact funded in the future.

Hey,
Can you please explain?
I'm sorry but I'm new at this.  Grin
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2301

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:24:25 PM

Hey,
Can you please explain?
I'm sorry but I'm new at this.  Grin
The coins that smoothie (the creator of lealana coins) sells only displays the first 5 or 6 digits of the address (as is the case for many other brands of physical coins), so in order to check if the coin is in fact funded or not you will need the entire address. When someone buys a lealana coin, smoothie will sign a message that contains the address of each of the coins as well as the coin type. If you ever decide to later sell the coin, or if you later decide to send additional BTC to a lealana coin, you can use that signed message to show the full address of the coin without having to peel the hologram revealing the private key.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:37:32 AM

Hey,
Can you please explain?
I'm sorry but I'm new at this.  Grin
The coins that smoothie (the creator of lealana coins) sells only displays the first 5 or 6 digits of the address (as is the case for many other brands of physical coins), so in order to check if the coin is in fact funded or not you will need the entire address. When someone buys a lealana coin, smoothie will sign a message that contains the address of each of the coins as well as the coin type. If you ever decide to later sell the coin, or if you later decide to send additional BTC to a lealana coin, you can use that signed message to show the full address of the coin without having to peel the hologram revealing the private key.

Minerjones & Quickseller are perfectly right. all the lealana's MUST be in a PGP signed message by smoothie : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424376.msg14407514#msg14407514
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:14:05 PM

I am guessing though, that this is a second-buyer coin.
I know that not all information and/or items are passed onto secondary buyers, and many times forgotten about.
Regardless of the signed message, you would need the full address to access any funds.

Thanks
minerjones , these coins were sold by smoothie to me. just read the link i have posted just above..  Wink

precision: OP bought his lealana from me (so,  from the smoothie pgp signed message you could find in the link i have put just above .. Wink )
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:15:00 PM

Here is a simple set of pictures that shows you how to do it -> http://imgur.com/a/6x9N3

Here is the trick to placing holograms by the man himself -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyzDY7NUOo
cryptoheadd (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:32:31 PM

Just funded it. Cheesy
Will redeem it, if I need the money.

Thank you guys for your help.  Grin
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:45:06 PM

Just funded it. Cheesy

dear friend , i had just PM you your tracking number for your last purchase  Wink

Kind regards
cryptoheadd (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:48:15 PM

Just funded it. Cheesy

dear friend , i had just PM you your tracking number for your last purchase  Wink

Kind regards

Yes, got it.
Thank you for the quick shipment.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: