Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising on BFL website is very misleading to NEW CUSTOMERS  (Read 4970 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:56:47 AM

Yep, BFL updated their website... But I see they're still using that scammy/scummy sales tactic of downplaying the time it will take to receive the product.

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

If you didn't read these forums, you would not know that you aren't receiving your unit until much later than February. There are so many pre-orders ahead of people ordering right now + they don't even have a working prototype. The "pre-order terms" on the order now page make it seem like you'll be getting your ASIC in February too with the people at the front of the line, when in reality it will most likely be July or later.

BFL are such sleaze balls with their scummy marketing.

So Josh/BFL, perhaps you can comment on these misleading statements on your website?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjester93

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:41:54 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure if someone was planning on spending hundreds or thousands of dollars, one would do the reading/research beforehand.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 07:21:36 PM

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."
I fail to see how anything in this statement is inaccurate or false in any way.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 08:04:30 PM by CoinHoarder

I fail to see how anything in this statement is inaccurate or false in any way.

Exactly, I'm pretty sure a lawyer wrote that sentence... the terms are 100% accurate because of the last sentence: "Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

It conveniently doesn't mention that the queue is 200 TH+ deep. The first sentence makes it sound like you will get your product in late February. You seriously don't see how this statement is at the very least slightly misleading??  Shocked

I don't think this needed to be made into a thread, but I just wanted to point out BFL is still using the ole October November December January February March sales pitch.
Note: February is struck through based on my prediction of what will happen... A pretty easy bet IMO seeing as it's already the 17th. I wouldnt be suprised to have to srtikethrough march in a couple months either...  Wink Cheesy
PeterChang

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:21:32 PM

Look we all know that this is a pre-ordered product and it takes time to design/manufacture these innovative devices. Customers willing to place down hundreds or thousands of dollars have done their due diligence with ordering. Also, potential buyers of ASIC miners know that it's not a get rich product rather it's a device to mine Bitcoins for the long-term. If a customer mistakenly purchased a unit and didn't receive it by the end of February they could always request a refund from BFL.
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:23:53 PM

Relax.  Anyone spending significant money will contact or ask them when they'd be receiving their units.

Anyone who doesn't bother to read the details may, potentially, get screwed, but that's in practically everything.  I see how yes, it'd make sense to state that "Current orders will be fulfilled once the queue is empty." or "Approximately 3-6 month delay."; something like that but well, that's not good for business.  They're telling everything correctly, just selectively, which is what plenty of businesses do.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 08:57:49 AM

Firstly, much of BFL's ads don't say pre-order to start:

secondly, they are at the very, very least guilty of using pre-order money to fund R&D.  I have long said that I may in fact lose my bets if BFL gambles hard with btc-community pre-order money and wins - but I have this feeling that they are not close to winning, and they are making the final money-grabs before too many ASICs are out there from legitimate suppliers.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:19:05 AM

Firstly, much of BFL's ads don't say pre-order to start:

secondly, they are at the very, very least guilty of using pre-order money to fund R&D.

Take a look at their competitor. They flat out refuse to offer any refunds; they seem to be using pre order money for pretty much everything. BFL is the slightly lesser evil since they have, at the very least, honored every refund to date.

I have long said that I may in fact lose my bets if BFL gambles hard with btc-community pre-order money and wins

It's interesting how you set it up so they either "lose" and it's a scam, or they "win" and ship yet it's still wrong because gambling.

- but I have this feeling that they are not close to winning, and they are making the final money-grabs before too many ASICs are out there from legitimate suppliers.

Going by the above criteria, they aren't really any legitimate suppliers.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:41:15 AM

These guys are a joke(Micon,Smoothie).Niether have an order with anyone & complain louder than those of us that do  Roll Eyes

You guys need to have your estrogen levels checked  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:19:32 PM

Take a look at their competitor. They flat out refuse to offer any refunds; they seem to be using pre order money for pretty much everything. BFL is the slightly lesser evil since they have, at the very least, honored every refund to date.

No I would rather a vendor tell me upfront you will NOT get a refund than to have a vendor like BFL put up bullshit ads that suggest they have a working product ready to ship right now.

Honesty is better than bullshit, no matter how much sugar you put on a pile of shit...it still tastes like shit (can't speak from experience lol)

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:22:28 PM

These guys are a joke(Micon,Smoothie).Niether have an order with anyone & complain louder than those of us that do  Roll Eyes

That is exactly our point.

Because we both dont have orders we are not BIASED at all.

Purely my remarks/comments are based on what I know.

BFL is full of shit...end of story.

Anyone who has a preorder with BFL is BIASED and will say anything to sweet talk BFL into liking them.

KEEP THE BFL FAITH!

You folks should start a new church...call it the Catholic Church of Flies where you guys can worship Pope Josh_BFL/Inaba.

Also you should get those pointy hats... Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:02:39 AM

No I would rather a vendor tell me upfront you will NOT get a refund than to have a vendor like BFL put up bullshit ads that suggest they have a working product ready to ship right now.

Honesty is better than bullshit, no matter how much sugar you put on a pile of shit...it still tastes like shit (can't speak from experience lol)
I can't believe the ridiculousness of that post.

A) You would rather buy from a vendor that doesn't offer refunds? That's so stupid. BFL has given out every refund that has been requested.

B) Their adds never say that they have a product ready to ship. The add you screenshot on the BCT forums links to their website, which has a giant "PRE-ORDER NOW" orange button on their home page, and a bolded pre-order disclaimer on every single product description. I don't know how you want them to be more clear.

C) BFL is the liars and the sugar-coaters? How about Tom and his bASIC fiasco? Now that's a clear cut case of a liar. How about the Avalon team, not releasing tracking numbers at all, or the inaccurate power consumption numbers that were proven wrong by the first unit in a customer's hand. Who's sugar coating now?

D) You wanna talk about shit? Lets talk about that Avalon. Yay, they were the first ASIC to ship. All 4 (at my last count) of them after a solid month. Oh, you want to mine with a half dozen of them? Sorry, you're gonna need to rewire your house. You want to mind with a half dozen Singles? I got your solution right here.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:15:53 AM

A) You would rather buy from a vendor that doesn't offer refunds? That's so stupid. BFL has given out every refund that has been requested.

B) Their adds never say that they have a product ready to ship. The add you screenshot on the BCT forums links to their website, which has a giant "PRE-ORDER NOW" orange button on their home page, and a bolded pre-order disclaimer on every single product description. I don't know how you want them to be more clear.

C) BFL is the liars and the sugar-coaters? How about Tom and his bASIC fiasco? Now that's a clear cut case of a liar. How about the Avalon team, not releasing tracking numbers at all, or the inaccurate power consumption numbers that were proven wrong by the first unit in a customer's hand. Who's sugar coating now?

D) You wanna talk about shit? Lets talk about that Avalon. Yay, they were the first ASIC to ship. All 4 (at my last count) of them after a solid month. Oh, you want to mine with a half dozen of them? Sorry, you're gonna need to rewire your house. You want to mind with a half dozen Singles? I got your solution right here.

Careful crazyates.........don't spread the truth........we wouldn't want a double standard,would we  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:38:34 AM

What website are you looking at? Clicking through the ad goes to http://butterflylabs.com/products?s1 and lets you checkout without ever mentioning the pre-order status. That's no giant "PRE-ORDER NOW" button. That's a giant ORDER NOW button.

Buy & Hold
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:54:49 AM

+1
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:07:26 AM

Hey Dumbass,

The point is that if a vendor says they will not refund (implying they will ship and you cant cancel) at least you can definitively calculate your risk much better than with BFL. BFL could NOT refund all customers right now if all customers were to request a refund all at the same time. That is another way of saying BFL is a PONZI.

BFL on the other hand doesn't tell you when they WILL ship...oh wait...no they do tell you October, November, December, January, February...and keep lying over and over.

At least with a vendor saying they WILL NOT refund YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT>

With BFL you DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...just more EXCUSES and BULLSHIT.

Go ahead and bow down to your BFL masters and hand them more pre-order money. Get your family to buy in as well. Sell your house, sell your car, sell everything if you trully believe BFL is legit.

LOL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

One other thing...

This is probably one HUGE point that BFL even is guilty of...

YOU FAIL TO MAKE YOUR POINT SO YOU THEN BRING IN OTHER VENDORS AND MAGNIFY THEIR FAULTS TO MAKE BFL LOOK BETTER AND TO GET THE ATTENTION OFF OF BFL. CLASSIC SCAMMY TACTICS.

No one was talking about Avalon, Tom, or bASIC yet you brought them into the picture. Good job.

Fucking fail lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:15:14 AM

What website are you looking at? Clicking through the ad goes to http://butterflylabs.com/products?s1 and lets you checkout without ever mentioning the pre-order status. That's no giant "PRE-ORDER NOW" button. That's a giant ORDER NOW button.

@Crazyates,

You so failed lol. Nice try to detract from the truth. What you got to say about this now? "ORDER NOW"...but the fucking chips/devices are not even done. MISLEADING

LOL!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:28:45 AM

https://i.imgur.com/dz2UAcV.png
Read my quote again? I can't actually see the adds (don't tell the mods), so I went to http://www.butterflylabs.com/ . I see something that looks like this:

See the "PRE-ORDER NOW" button?

@Crazyates,

You so failed lol. Nice try to detract from the truth. What you got to say about this now? "ORDER NOW"...but the fucking chips/devices are not even done. MISLEADING

LOL![/size][/b]
Yep, large, annoying text means you win. Darn, you got me!  Roll Eyes

The point is that if a vendor says they will not refund (implying they will ship and you cant cancel) at least you can definitively calculate your risk much better than with BFL. BFL could NOT refund all customers right now if all customers were to request a refund all at the same time. That is another way of saying BFL is a PONZI.

So let me get this straight. You're saying that because BFL offers refunds, you can't properly calculate the amount of risk that is involved in pre-ordering from them, and they're a ponzi? But because Avalon doesn't offer refunds, they're the safer bet? The only two options are either offer refunds, or ship products? Avalon doesn't offer refunds, so it's a 100% guarantee you will get a product? But BFL does offer refunds, so there's a chance you won't get your product, so it's not smart to buy from BFL? So. Fucking. Stupid.

Or how about this crazy thought - I don't ask for a refund, and they ship me a Single when it's ready? Or I can ask for a refund, and they give me my money back! How does that make them less attractive?

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:46:39 AM

https://i.imgur.com/dz2UAcV.png
Read my quote again? I can't actually see the adds (don't tell the mods), so I went to http://www.butterflylabs.com/ . I see something that looks like this:

See the "PRE-ORDER NOW" button?

@Crazyates,

LOL![/size][/b]
Yep, large, annoying text means you win. Darn, you got me!  Roll Eyes

So let me get this straight. You're saying that because BFL offers refunds, you can't properly calculate the amount of risk that is involved in pre-ordering from them, and they're a ponzi? But because Avalon doesn't offer refunds, they're the safer bet? The only two options are either offer refunds, or ship products? Avalon doesn't offer refunds, so it's a 100% guarantee you will get a product? But BFL does offer refunds, so there's a chance you won't get your product, so it's not smart to buy from BFL? So. Fucking. Stupid.

Or how about this crazy thought - I don't ask for a refund, and they ship me a Single when it's ready? Or I can ask for a refund, and they give me my money back! How does that make them less attractive?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: