Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIminer troubles still - Please Help.  (Read 2376 times)
mybadomen (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:07:58 AM

Hiya Fellow Miners/Bitcoiners or whatever you prefer:

I wanted to give GUIminer a shot to try out some new pools. But everytime i run it my Mhps on each card starts at about 660mhps and then they both drop in minutes all the way to 120Mhps per card?

When i run Bitminter Client v1.3.1 or even the beta i get 1300 total Mhps for the 2 7970's and everything works flawlessly.

But i tried many times to get GUIminer going am i am totally stuck.

Can someone please let me know what i am doing wrong?

For instance i want to try deepbit out and possibly BTGuild also but i cant without a mining software that works.

My setups:

Setup# 1: 2x 6970's @1000/1500mhz  1.2v  (EVGA FTW Z77 Motherboard & 1600w PSU (1700w Peak)

Setup# 2: 2x 7970's @ 1125/1500mhz 1.2v (AsRock Fatal1ty Z68 Gen3 MB & 1000w PSU)

Setup#1: is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Setup#2: is running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

If more specs are needed please let me know. Today i did add New 12guage wire and a 20 amp breaker to handle one of my rooms where i run 1 of the miners .Reason is i plan if things work out on selling my brand new GTX680's for a Pair of 7970's and running 4 cards on the EVGA Board or maby even my Rampage Xtreme board with the 3960x. Whatever works best.

BUT before i can experiment and really have fun and enjoy mining i need to learn how to use the client. It seemed pretty simple for the setup i just dont get why it drops to no Mhps even when i am pushing the cards?

Hopefully this is an easy fix and any info i can provide that might help fix this situation please let me know.

One last thing. Damn am i hooked already bad! The financial part is the least thrilling part of this all and i really think id have allot more fun being able to try other pools etc.

Thanks In Advance;

MybadOmen

Modder/Overclocker/ and now Miner
Smiley
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 02:40:18 PM

Hio Smiley

What flags and drivers ?

Have you tried one of the older versions ?

-v -w128 -f1 (or -f70 for a desktop card), works great with my 7870, 6870, and 5850. And.. after trying the 13.1 drivers, I'm back to the 12.11 beta4s.

mybadomen (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:24:00 PM

Hio Smiley

What flags and drivers ?

Have you tried one of the older versions ?

-v -w128 -f1 (or -f70 for a desktop card), works great with my 7870, 6870, and 5850. And.. after trying the 13.1 drivers, I'm back to the 12.11 beta4s.

I tried both Flags but this one the most -v -w128 -f1 also tried desktop and tried turning antivirus and firewall off just to see if it made a difference and it didnt Sad I am also on beta drivers 13.2 on the 7970's and official 13.1 on the 6970's
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 06:35:45 PM

Not sure about the 13.2 set but the 13.1s dropped my performance when using CGminer, so I went back to the 12.11s.

Uninstall all AMD software, reboot, then goto syswow64 and delete amdocl.dll. Reboot and try 12.11 beta4 or better.

gl Smiley

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:17:16 PM

Not sure about the 13.2 set but the 13.1s dropped my performance when using CGminer, so I went back to the 12.11s.

Uninstall all AMD software, reboot, then goto syswow64 and delete amdocl.dll. Reboot and try 12.11 beta4 or better.

gl Smiley
You dont have to go through all that, just download driver sweeper (now known as driver fusion) for free and have it remove all amd instances. reboot and install whichever drivers you want to try.  http://treexy.com/

also, ditch guiminer and try cgminer. and check your intensity settings and clear all flags. only time ive experienced the issue youre having is when i went too high on intensity and my cards took a dump.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 04:48:51 PM

gl Smiley
You dont have to go through all that, just download driver sweeper (now known as driver fusion) for free and have it remove all amd instances. reboot and install whichever drivers you want to try.  http://treexy.com/

also, ditch guiminer and try cgminer. and check your intensity settings and clear all flags. only time ive experienced the issue youre having is when i went too high on intensity and my cards took a dump.

I never have and probably never will use any driver/registry cleaner. OpenCL aside, the AMD uninstaller does a good job of removing the driver. Driver sweeper should be used only as a last resort.

Why risk the use of some 3rd party software when all you have to do is delete one file ?

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:25:17 PM

gl Smiley
You dont have to go through all that, just download driver sweeper (now known as driver fusion) for free and have it remove all amd instances. reboot and install whichever drivers you want to try.  http://treexy.com/

I never have and probably never will use any driver/registry cleaner. OpenCL aside, the AMD uninstaller does a good job of removing the driver. Driver sweeper should be used only as a last resort.

Why risk the use of some 3rd party software when all you have to do is delete one file ?
It's much more than 'just deleting one file' ,as you yourself typed up above.... Hence why driver sweeper is the way to go. Its one click and completely removes everything. why not use it? your logic is flawed my friend.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 05:56:32 PM

pfft.. Have you tried it ?

I found this tip on an AMD dev forum thread. It works.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: