Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC Hashrate picking up: How to Solo Mine (while there is still time!)  (Read 5105 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:32:20 AM

With TRC now sold on Zaptos, bitparking and Vircurex, the hashrate is starting to really pick up. It's now 2x what it's been the past week or so. This is a really good sign. Currently you can still mine it effectively- even solo.

While coinotron has been suffering from DDoS, you can still pool mine at:
http://pool.bitcoinreactor.com/

If you would like to Solo mine but need a guide, the new terracointalk forum (not started by me) has a great tutorial to walk you through setting up a solo mining operation.

http://www.terracointalk.org/index.php/topic,5.0.html

It's still possible to solomine, but who knows for how long.

more or less retired.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:43:41 AM

Hurry solo mine before someone with an ASIC points it at TRC and blows TRC to the stars.

HURRY HURRY  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

JesterOfTortuga

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:07:03 PM

I was just messing around with this and its working but i'm confused. It says accepted shares, should I be getting paid for these or ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/90TalonTSi/cgminer_zps171ea84d.jpg
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:09:31 PM

I was just messing around with this and its working but i'm confused. It says accepted shares, should I be getting paid for these or ?

Well if I understand right, you're hashing away correctly. You don't get paid for shares when your solo mining however, you get paid only when you solve a block (20TRC payout). You get paid for shares when you're mining through a pool and the shares are how they determine how much each person has contributed to each block. So at this point, you should just be waiting to solve a block.

you do have the terracoin client running on your computer, yes?

more or less retired.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3661
Merit: 1451

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:17:32 PM

you do have the terracoin client running on your computer, yes?
Just look at the output of the miner and you'll see that he's connected to 127.0.0.1, which is probably the computer running a node.  Wink

It says accepted shares, should I be getting paid for these or ?
No, you shouldn't get paid for these,
as you can see your "Best share" so far was 168, but the current difficulty is 996.
As soon as you get a share >= 996 you'll probably get paid (for the block created with that share, not for the share itself).
JesterOfTortuga

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:28:48 PM

Sweet, thanks for the fast responses. I didn't know how the solo mining worked but now I get it. I have the Terracoin client running. I also rolled back my drivers because I was losing 150+MH, now i'm back up to 600+.
JesterOfTortuga

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

Ok now I know for sure its working  Grin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/90TalonTSi/cgminer2_zps458a0b34.jpg
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:49:22 PM

Sweet, thanks for the fast responses. I didn't know how the solo mining worked but now I get it. I have the Terracoin client running. I also rolled back my drivers because I was losing 150+MH, now i'm back up to 600+.

What card are you using? And what drivers? Thats a huge difference.

more or less retired.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:26:56 PM

Just look at the output of the miner and you'll see that he's connected to 127.0.0.1, which is probably the computer running a node.  Wink
The Terracoin client does not support Longpolling or GBT.
It also doesn't accept diff 1 shares.
It has to be a pool he is mining in.

JesterOfTortuga

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 04:34:07 PM

I have a 7950 and now im on the 12.10 drivers.

Im definitely solo mining. Im using bitcoinreactor as a fallover so I can use their longpolling.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3661
Merit: 1451

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:04:52 PM

Didn't know that, I only played around with TRC and p2pool (*) myself, was probably p2pool supporting LP in my testings.

But afaik cgminer "accepts" (or rather counts) diff 1 shares internally (correct me if I'm wrong, I rarely use cgminer).

* TRC-p2pool is still running, for those that wanna try: connect to http://lassdas.mooo.com:9322 with username=TRC-address and any password
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:11:53 PM

I have a 7950 and now im on the 12.10 drivers.

Im definitely solo mining. Im using bitcoinreactor as a fallover so I can use their longpolling.

That would work, thats what I do. Although at the moment I am actually mining on bitcoinreactor- you know in exchange for someone using their longpolling. :-)

more or less retired.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:18:58 PM

Guys: in the long term mining solo or in a pool is exactly the same (and not because we're all dead). Personally I am for a guaranteed income instead of hoping to be lucky.

BTW: if the BTC network hash rate keeps growing at this rate, I am ready to move my huge 1.2 Ghs to TRC mining in a matter of a couple of days. Anyone can say anything about TRC mining profitability? A graph like the "mining factor" here: http://blockchained.com or its mining calculator would be great.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:41:48 PM

Guys: in the long term mining solo or in a pool is exactly the same (and not because we're all dead). Personally I am for a guaranteed income instead of hoping to be lucky.

BTW: if the BTC network hash rate keeps growing at this rate, I am ready to move my huge 1.2 Ghs to TRC mining in a matter of a couple of days. Anyone can say anything about TRC mining profitability? A graph like the "mining factor" here: http://blockchained.com or its mining calculator would be great.

Well I think it's still too early for a mining profitability chart- even though TRC is now on three exchanges the trade volume is still quite shallow, so any rate still wouldn't be so meaningful as there isn't the volume to back it up. That said, there are about 1.5 million coins already out there but no ones selling yet, which is a sign that people think it's worth quite a bit more then current rates, although I do buy up coins when they get low enough that I can't resist. :-)

more or less retired.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:19:46 AM

did the diff go >9000 or not yet?? did i catch up while theres time?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 08:53:30 AM

No the difficulty is still lowish (relative to a week or so ago) .. from coinotron at 09:00 20th Feb 2013

TRC    15.8 GH    85%   19   0:0 h    0.00019    1000.8    0.55

so difficulty at 1000.

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:29:16 AM

No the difficulty is still lowish (relative to a week or so ago) .. from coinotron at 09:00 20th Feb 2013

TRC    15.8 GH    85%   19   0:0 h    0.00019    1000.8    0.55

so difficulty at 1000.

It has also become the second highest traded coin (by volume) on vircurex. :-)

more or less retired.
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:39:07 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 01:10:28 AM by Naelr

What setting do I add to terracoin.conf to get it to allow another computer on my network to mine... I can't get it to open the port to anything other then localhost.. I have another 1.3 Ghash I want to solo mine with.. and don't want to have another client with the blockchain downloaded

Naelr

edit:  ok nevermind instead I just used ssh and port forwarded through ssh to appear as coming from localhost on machine with terracoin wallet... seems weird that the port wont open.. I see BTC and LTC ports open on this box.... same settings in their conf files... oh well

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 01:15:22 AM

What setting do I add to terracoin.conf to get it to allow another computer on my network to mine... I can't get it to open the port to anything other then localhost.. I have another 1.3 Ghash I want to solo mine with.. and don't want to have another client with the blockchain downloaded

Naelr

edit:  ok nevermind instead I just used ssh and port forwarded through ssh to appear as coming from localhost on machine with terracoin wallet... seems weird that the port wont open.. I see BTC and LTC ports open on this box.... same settings in their conf files... oh well

Code:
rpcallowip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Wildcards are allowed example: 192.168.1.*   would allow all the hosts in a 192.168.1.0/24  network to connect.

girafon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:16:27 AM

multiple rpcallowip= lines are accepted too
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: