Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Renting accounts?????  (Read 3053 times)
lclclc223 (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:43:31 AM

I don't think it would be a good Idea. you can rent an account. but how?
for example if I want to rent my account. then what will be the process.. I have to give you account password which is not a good thing. trusting on a newbie is like impossible here..

1: You change your password to something impersonal
2: You entrust the new password to an escrow
3: Escrow gives new password to me
4: If I change password, deal is off, you keep collateral
I'm not sure there is any green trusted one who want to be the escrow for this kind of transaction. Imo most moderators here will give extra attention at this service. If the price value of collateral is quite high, then I guess no one would try this service and prefer using his money to buy an account.
Is it disallowed, or are the moderators just keeping things in check?
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1512

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 05:16:14 AM

for example if I want to rent my account. then what will be the process.. I have to give you account password which is not a good thing. trusting on a newbie is like impossible here..

I'm not sure there is any green trusted one who want to be the escrow for this kind of transaction. Imo most moderators here will give extra attention at this service. If the price value of collateral is quite high, then I guess no one would try this service and prefer using his money to buy an account.
I'm not sure, there is no clear explanation about this, because it's a new idea. But imo, it could be a way for scammers to do scamming again by renting your account after their old accounts got red trust. This discussion should be brought to reputation or meta board to get more explanation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:30:15 AM

it is not disallowed I think, if some one want to give his account to some one else this is 100% his own call, but that someone should select a trusted person. must be from family or friend. because you can't trust anyone in this forum.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:44:42 AM

about a year ago i have seen one person do this, he used to rent his account for others to post on signature campaigns and he gave them a percent.

but there are a lot of problems with this, you have to give them your account which they may not give it back or even they might spam and get your account banned.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:52:25 AM

about a year ago i have seen one person do this, he used to rent his account for others to post on signature campaigns and he gave them a percent.

but there are a lot of problems with this, you have to give them your account which they may not give it back or even they might spam and get your account banned.

yes. we can't consider this work as a risk free. better to avoid this don't rent your account and work your self for your accounts. I think a signature campaign require 5 to 8 post a day. and reaching the limit is not a big deal for anyone. so no need to rent account.
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:59:03 AM

That would be possible if someone have multiple accounts and keeping them on hibernation mode.

But at the same time, there would be a problem for the account owner.

When you're renting from him, you might not be that careful with the account and just spam everywhere or scam people or just scam the account owner itself by selling the account to someone else and not returning to the owner?  (Silly thoughts you know) Grin
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1512

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:08:04 AM

I remember that, but at that time the OP didn't mean to rent his account. He just wanted to pay some users to make him few posts as he was being busy with his other business. By renting account, the renter could do anything he want, not just join any signature campaign. He could borrow money by that account without telling the true owner, even making the account become a collateral for the loan.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:50:17 AM

When a person is able to pay a colleadral, why not he will buy an account to own.

There are lot of new signature campaigns also keep on coming, so finding a slot not a problem.
Also, there are many people who are selling campaign enrolled accounts also.

I do not foresee any long term possibility of success for this idea.
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:27:23 AM

i think the renting out should  n0t be initiated in the first place because this will be a cheaper way of buying an account probably collateral wont be matched up as this is a new thing
lclclc223 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:16:15 AM

When a person is able to pay a colleadral, why not he will buy an account to own.

I mean I asked a similar question on another thread: When a person is able to pay collateral, why take out a loan?
brituspol

Activity: 458

From nothing to nothing

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:18:27 AM

I mean I asked a similar question on another thread: When a person is able to pay collateral, why take out a loan?
1) He thinks the object's value may rise in some time
2) He doesn't want to sell it, merely provide it as collateral and take it back when the loan is paid out. Might be because the collateral has a higher value than the loan
3) Some sentimental value
The list goes on
lclclc223 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:29:19 AM

1) He thinks the object's value may rise in some time
2) He doesn't want to sell it, merely provide it as collateral and take it back when the loan is paid out. Might be because the collateral has a higher value than the loan
3) Some sentimental value
The list goes on

But aren't these also valid reasons not to buy an account, but rent it?
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:05:28 AM

Would it be possible to rent bitcointalk accounts out to users wishing to participate in signature campaigns? I'd just like to know the practicality of one of my crazy ideas. Just a little FYI, I was considering buying an account and trying to profit from signature campaigns but found the price too high. So I was wondering if other people encounter the same issue and perhaps would want a place to "rent" an account from. Thanks for reading and responding!

Some things to consider, 1.) you might get some people to sign up but when they see they can just have thier own account without you taking a cut they will leave. 2.)they might just steal your account 3.) they might make poor posts and the account could be devalued. 4.) they might take out loans 5.) they might get banned for spam. 6.) sig campaigns are in low supply right now.

Overall there are better things to do in bitcoin world.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:08:22 AM

i would suggest you, dont do that. if the user who rent one of your account use it for sketchy behavior then your account will only get red mark and it would be a loss for you.

It is highly risky idea. The only option which is safe is that you give it to your friend or relative as you will have full trust on those people.

I would still suggest stay from from this idea.  Wink

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:17:15 AM

Would it be possible to rent bitcointalk accounts out to users wishing to participate in signature campaigns? I'd just like to know the practicality of one of my crazy ideas. Just a little FYI, I was considering buying an account and trying to profit from signature campaigns but found the price too high. So I was wondering if other people encounter the same issue and perhaps would want a place to "rent" an account from. Thanks for reading and responding!

Heh, crazy idea! Smiley I can rent you my account if you want Smiley (joke)
You can buy account in "auction" section or on market in "goods" -> "digital goods" section.. just be carefull with scammers - never go first!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:07:26 PM

I think this idea won't work because the tenants of your account may not treat it as an asset and get it banned or red trusted in the process if they decide to spam to get more money from signature campaigns. Plus there is a vigilante police going on on the forum that will give you  feedback the moment you try to change hands of the account. Or people could take out loans in your name and give the account as collateral which would be very bad.

Novep

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:15:58 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 07:22:45 AM by Novep

Just save enough coins so you can buy yourself your own account. Renting is not a really good option since like thwy said, the account could be misused and te name of the real owner is the one who is at risk. If someone rents an account and it gets banned because of insubstantial posting, all your accounts will gwt a ban because all were connecte from the same IP so no. Don't even try.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
Where DAO Unicorns are born
|
1st Bitcoin & Ethereum DAO for DAOs
1st Decentralized Chatbot to Smart Contracts Interaction System

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 09:52:47 PM

That only makes sense when you rent out to a user you really trust. Otherwise he might vanish with your account and reclaiming it through theymos takes a long time and sometimes even longer.

Besides that... he can ruin the account. Bad reputation, forum bans, signature bans.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:08:02 AM

How would one ensure that the account would be returned at the end of the agreed period? Escrow?

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:20:29 AM

Renting accounts can be dangerous specially if the one who uses the accounts mis managed it and
use for spam purpose.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: