Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get paid in BTC for translation between English and Spanish  (Read 483 times)
AlexanderScott (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:53:26 AM

I am looking for someone to help me in Asunción, Paraguay.

Why should you care?
* I will pay you for your time, 7000 PYG per hour, payment in Bitcoin.
* Minimum billing time is 15 minutes, so if we talk for only a 3 minutes one day, you can charge for 15 minutes that day.
* You get to practice English with a person fluent in English
* You will probably get to learn about the process of purchasing real estate
* For the most part you can work from home, a cafe, your current work or anywhere you want.

What's the job?
* Help me find a lot of properties for sale. I’m not going to buy many, but I am going to look at many.
* Translate between English and Spanish
* Most work might be done with a smart-phone or your computer over the Internet.
* You will need to translate between Spanish speakers and a English speaker at times.
* I might need you to come with me in case I want to travel to a property to look at it/buy it, since there will probably not be Internet everywhere.
* You need to be available for some time, perhaps a few years. The job will not take much time, but I need to know that you're willing to translate and stay in touch at rare intervals for some years until I learn Spanish.

In practice, you'll download an app on your phone, then I'll call you when I need something translated, and you'll translate the conversation. At other times you’ll be looking for real estate for me, and when you come across something that fits my checklist, you’ll report the finding to me. I'll pay you for your time as we go. Easy as air, but you need to know both languages.

Requirements

* You must speak good English and Spanish, and fluency in both languages is preferred.
* You must have access to Internet, as I might need you to translate over the phone.
* You must have a smart-phone, so that you can download an app and talk over the Internet if required; something like Whatsapp.
* You must have access to a computer, so that you can search for property. This is too slow to do on a smart-phone.
* You must live in Asunción, Paraguay, as I might need you to help me translate if I go to a site where there's no Internet.
* Your regular job must have such a flexibility that you can talk for a few minutes here and there. (So if you're a fireman or a brain surgeon who's on call, this job is not a good idea for you)

I will be looking for real estate, so if you are familiar with the expressions of real estate in both Spanish and English, that is an advantage. It’s not required though, as I'm sure you can pick it up quite quickly if you're familiar with both languages.

If you're interested, please PM me.
Thanks for your time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexanderScott (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:47:42 AM

Why are you posting this in the "project development" section?, I would rather post it under "Services", but it would be better to place the OP in the Spanish subforum (either in the general board or in the "Servicios" sub).

Thanks for the tip, it's a good idea.

I would apply if you did not require the person to live in Asunción

Yeah, you have to be reasonably close, because my Spanish is not solid at all and I might need help while moving around.

In case you want to post in the Spanish subsection and want to hire someone to translate your OP, you can message me, my rates are pretty affordable Tongue (as low as 2 cents per word, with the guarantee that no automatic translation will be used).

Thanks for the suggestion, I do however expect the person I end up working with to be good in both languages, and communications will be in English.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: