Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:23:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2016 Edition Bitcoin Penny™ Commemorative Coins  (Read 24981 times)
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

No hidden doodle on the label? Grin

That's what I was wondering.  Grin
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2663
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 03:01:17 PM

greenplastic & minerjones,

Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy the free shirts! Smiley

No hidden doodle on the label? Grin

No, but we are planning a Doodle-A-Thon soon, with proceeds going to charity. Grin

(In the meantime, our Memorial Day Holiday Weekend Sale is still going on thru Monday!)

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:37:33 PM

Hotness! Received my #03 Bitcoin Penny Numbered Special Edition T-Shirt today.
Great addition to LE RED Rolls...Thank you Bitcoin Penny!

Aww yeah.... great shirts!!!  And they're signed as well.... what a bonus!! Grin

WAWW what a nice shirt !!  Shocked i'm jealous now !  Grin
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:39:02 PM

WAWW what a nice shirt !!  Shocked i'm jealous now !  Grin

The blank (unnumbered / unsigned) shirts are available on our website, along with my personal favorites -- the DAVE coin and the SN coin shirts. (I really like the DAVE shirt. I'll have to buy one for myself soon. I already have the SN coin shirt...and I L-O-V-E it! Grin)

And the numbered / signed shirts are FREE with the purchase of a 2016 Special Edition Roll. Wink

Regards,
Chris

greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 03:45:56 PM

Nice Chris,

Ordered couple new shirts from your website.
(...doodles are welcome too!)    Grin

Order #BP2016-1009

Thanks!
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 03:53:33 PM

Nice Chris,

Ordered couple new shirts from your website.
(...doodles are welcome too!)    Grin

Order #BP2016-1009

Thanks!

Thanks for the order, greenplastic! I'll make sure you receive a very special doodle. Wink

Regards,
Chris

wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:42:55 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 12:15:12 PM by wttbs

I took some pictures of the 2016 Bitcoinpenny, I will share them this afternoon with you. I am doing an experiment: try to whether one coin to make it lok old or give some nice patin. But d*mn these coin are of awesome quality, I set one on fire, put in several acids but still.. just clean it water and it fine again  Grin For now I put one coin in my garden and see what the wheather does to it, I will take pictures of during a year.

Edit: link to album (24 images) http://imgur.com/a/9VkQE

some pics

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:38:42 PM

I admit, I have been leaving Bitcoinpennies in random locations around where I live lately, just for fun. I've noticed a few have been found already, but I have no idea by whom. I also sometimes hide them around where I work (big place), as I'm not one to push bitcoin on co-workers or friends to be honest. I guess if I can get even a few people interested in this way, I figure I'm doing some good for bitcoin. Smiley

They are really awesome pennies, so shiny, I love them too! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 01:47:26 PM

I admit, I have been leaving Bitcoinpennies in random locations around where I live lately, just for fun. I've noticed a few have been found already, but I have no idea by whom. I also sometimes hide them around where I work (big place), as I'm not one to push bitcoin on co-workers or friends to be honest. I guess if I can get even a few people interested in this way, I figure I'm doing some good for bitcoin. Smiley

That's such a nice idea Cheesy

But leaving my pennies  Roll Eyes
Gotta think about it

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:01:09 PM

Gotta think about it

Yes, I know, call me crazy, but I have plenty for myself, so it's not a big deal to me! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 02:02:52 PM

Gotta think about it

Yes, I know, call me crazy, but I have plenty for myself, so it's not a big deal to me! Cheesy

I bet yours will get lower to mine soon Tongue Cheesy

But keep spreading the Bitcoin love - now that you have told me , i might do it too Cheesy

BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 02:40:41 PM

I took some pictures of the 2016 Bitcoinpenny...

Gorgeous photography, wttbs! Super cool! (I'm so very jealous of your photography skills.) Thank you for sharing. Grin

PS -- We'd be very proud to use some of those images on our website or social media accounts, with your permission, of course. Grin

Owlcatz, that's great news! I do that too! I used to work at a medium-sized state university, and I'd leave them all over campus. I'd drop them in parking lots, water puddles (they shine great underwater), public wishing fountains, geocaches, you name it! One of my favorites was to leave them in the change return of soda machines!

In fact, since our first website went live on the afternoon of December 31, 2014, we've always stated on at least one of its pages (as well as on our packaging) that these coins are small (at the time, almost all coins were 39mm) and inexpensive partially in order to promote the easy carrying of a few in your pocket to share with friends, strangers, or whomever you'd meet throughout the day. They were originally meant to give away in order to help promote bitcoin and the blockchain technology.

I still remember the very first coin I left in public. It was on the arm of the bench outside the Spartanburg (SC) Outback restaurant on the early evening of December 31, 2014. And the Busch Gardens of Tampa (Florida) has a few in its wishing fountain each summer. Grin

I tell you, nothing makes me smile as big as hearing stories of people leaving the coins in strange places for people to find.  Grin

Thank you for sharing the photos and ideas, guys! I look forward to more! Grin

Regards,
Chris

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:45:57 PM

I took some pictures of the 2016 Bitcoinpenny...

Gorgeous photography, wttbs! Super cool! (I'm so very jealous of your photography skills.) Thank you for sharing. Grin

PS -- We'd be very proud to use some of those images on our website or social media accounts, with your permission, of course. Grin
Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris! and feel free to use the photos. I will be making more pictures in the near future and post them on imgur, those you can use as well if you want. This coin is awesome and it is fun making pictures of it... maybe I will order some more to give away to friend or leave them on public places like owlcatz does, great way to promote bitcoin and these fine coins.
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 02:56:31 PM

I am doing an experiment: try to whether one coin to make it lok old or give some nice patin. But d*mn these coin are of awesome quality, I set one on fire, put in several acids but still.. just clean it water and it fine again  Grin For now I put one coin in my garden and see what the wheather does to it, I will take pictures of during a year.

I absolutely LOVE the look of patina'd coins! Here is one I took last year of my personal, lucky 2015 Bitcoin Penny next to a shiny, new coin. My personal, lucky coin banged around in my pocket with loose change and keys for more than a month before this photo, with me handling it every five minutes! The patina is GORGEOUS! You'll see a subtle spectrum of colors, including bright copper, pink rose, emerald green, and hints of royal blue.

I've often thought about hosting a patina color contest, but I never thought anyone would be crazy enough to enjoy the patina as much as I do. Cheesy

But if you want a good, colorful patina, then here's a little advice...

Our very first run of 1,000 coins were easier to patina. Since then, all coins come with an ultra thin protective finish. (Personally, I don't prefer the protective finish, but most collectors here would probably choose the shine over the patina, so that's the way we mint them.) The finish can be removed with simple acetone (fingernail polish remover). You can also use extremely mild and fine abrasive compounds like fine silver polish.

Once the protective finish is removed, the secret to developing a great patina is to keep rubbing the coin in your hands, between your fingers and thumbs, as often as you can, all day long. Then let is sit for a few days to darken. Then repeat. Once the coin is a dark brown, rub it between your fingers and thumb again, lightly. The top patina (brown) will be removed, leaving the bottom patina (rose, green, blue) exposed. It's a delicate balancing act to get the right patina, but TOTALLY worth it (if you appreciate a good patina).

Can't wait to see some photos of patina'd coins! Grin

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 03:02:16 PM

Thanks Chris! ... maybe I will order some more to give away to friend or leave them on public places like owlcatz does, great way to promote bitcoin and these fine coins.

It's funny you mention that, wttbs. Currently in the experimental production phase is a bulk order product made specifically for that purpose. Grin

Here is the mockup... Wink

Regards,
Chris

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 03:25:13 PM

Thanks Chris! ... maybe I will order some more to give away to friend or leave them on public places like owlcatz does, great way to promote bitcoin and these fine coins.

It's funny you mention that, wttbs. Currently in the experimental production phase is a bulk order product made specifically for that purpose. Grin

Here is the mockup... Wink

Regards,
Chris
That's good as always Cheesy

PS - the patina concept is so cool!

Give me a month and then would love to see a Patine contest Grin

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 04:06:55 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 07:14:13 PM by Mitchełł

I would love to get my hands on that bag but that would mean buying one hundred more coins and I already have quite a few haha.

Here are a few of my latest pictures, which I'm very proud off to be honest. Checkout my Imgur album for more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/VRT0q. Chris, feel free to use this. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:07:14 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 05:45:52 PM by wttbs

ONE HUNDRED !! in a BTCbag !! how cool is that !!  Grin I sure would want one if the price is right

I just removed the protection layer of one coin, made a special mix of salt, white wine vinegar, ammonia and plantnutrionsomethingsomething. I put that in thin can, the coin on a small piece of wood so it won't touch the liquid, closed the can with a lid and let the gasses do the work now for several hours  Grin very curious how it will turn out

Edit: mixure didn't work  Grin maybe I can get some nice acids at work... will try next week.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:14:54 PM

I want one of those bags.  Roll Eyes Grin
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 10:07:09 PM

PS - the patina concept is so cool!

Give me a month and then would love to see a Patine contest Grin

It's totally surprising that anyone else (except for me) would appreciate a good patina! In fact, I posted a photo of my personal patina'd coin in last year's thread and on our social media accounts (which I've sadly been neglecting this year), but my wife suggested that I should remove the photos, because people wouldn't want to see the pretty, shiny, new copper turning all kinds of dark and weathered. As I often do, I took her advice and removed the photos. (I may have posted them again later, though. I can't remember.)

It's good to see that others can appreciate the colorful rainbow patinas on a well-worn lucky coin! Grin

Regards,
Me

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: