Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit HD TREZOR question I can't find answer to  (Read 1003 times)
biggk (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:10:28 PM

Hey, first post on the forum here.  My question is I have MultibitHD with trezor on my main computer at home.  I have another computer I take with me when I travel for work, can I just bring my trezor and travel computer, install MultibitHD on it and be able to plug my trezor into either my home computer or travel computer and be able to view my wallet on both? I could try it but i'm afraid if I connect the trezor to a new computer it's going to wipe it or something so I just want to be really sure.  THANK YOU MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 08:17:18 PM

Hey, first post on the forum here.  My question is I have MultibitHD with trezor on my main computer at home.  I have another computer I take with me when I travel for work, can I just bring my trezor and travel computer, install MultibitHD on it and be able to plug my trezor into either my home computer or travel computer and be able to view my wallet on both? I could try it but i'm afraid if I connect the trezor to a new computer it's going to wipe it or something so I just want to be really sure.  THANK YOU MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

No problem. Nothing is going to wipe your Trezor unless you do it yourself. If you have Mycelium wallet on your Android phone you can also use Trezor there with an OTG cable. Make sure you have your 24 word seed stored safely in case you lose your Trezor. Most Trezor owners usually buy a spare. Take some time to read the user manual when you get a chance.

biggk (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:59:05 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 02:11:03 PM by biggk

thanks for the reply! So can I use multibit hd on two computers and switch the trezor between them? Theres nothing about multibit hd in the trezor manual.  I really dont understand how this is such a hard question to find the answer too, people can't use the same computer forever.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 02:35:12 PM

thanks for the reply! So can I use multibit hd on two computers and switch the trezor between them? Theres nothing about multibit hd in the trezor manual.  I really dont understand how this is such a hard question to find the answer too, people can't use the same computer forever.

Instructions here. You can use Trezor with Multibit HD installed on two different computers.

biggk (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:56:30 PM

Thanks for the info and your help, so I just select "use existing wallet" when plugging the trezor into the new computer or "restore" I still don't see where you see the information about multiple computers.  Thanks again  Smiley
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 05:13:34 PM

Thanks for the info and your help, so I just select "use existing wallet" when plugging the trezor into the new computer or "restore" I still don't see where you see the information about multiple computers.  Thanks again  Smiley

Follow the instructions in the link I gave to use Multibit HD on multiple computers. When you install Multibit HD on your second computer you will be using the same Trezor, so select 'create new Trezor wallet' per the link. All you are doing is making a duplicate Multibit HD installation on a second computer. When in doubt just follow the Trezor user manual to the letter. Please make sure your 24 word seed is saved in a safe place in case you lose your Trezor and need to restore to a new one, and remember you can not use passphrase protected accounts with Multibit HD.

Now that Trezor is replacing Bits of Proof backend with Bitcore I really do not see any privacy advantage to using Multibit HD instead of standard myTrezor.com. All the options Trezor has to offer you can be accessed using myTrezor.com.

biggk (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:57:04 PM

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help!  Ill try it out
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
biggk (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:41:51 PM

thanks it worked! You rule!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:43:25 PM

No problem. Trezor has the best user manual of any hardware wallet out there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: