Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch#2 Re-open 2/18  (Read 20033 times)
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:56:46 PM

EDIT: but since I was logged off, I have no idea how walletbit knew where to send the order confirmation.
They pass your details along with how much you must pay. Some don't like this, but it sure helps in case there's a mess-up with the ordering process. Also Walletbit is in the EU so it has to comply with its anti-whitewashing and anti-terrorfunding regulations. They must have your name.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

128 still in stock.. GET SOME

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
riqpit

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

and if they dont sell the whole batch, then what?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:10:38 PM

no longer give two shits about avalon asics. good luck to them and their customers.
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:13:56 PM

no longer give two shits about avalon asics. good luck to them and their customers.

So why post in this thread?
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:15:21 PM

They will.. already down to 122. No way stock will run over 24 hours.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:19:01 PM

In bitcoin world you will need more patience... Or this world not for you Smiley
Beepbop

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:24:12 PM

It will sell, but even if it didn't they'd just make the number that's been ordered. Avalon has said that they're strictly build-to-order. In other words, they're not like Walmart. They're like a company that Walmart orders 3000 pickaxes from; they don't buy the wood and steel for the pickaxes until Walmart has made the order. Walmart has to take the risk that the pickaxes won't sell, and they'll have to take care of warehousing costs. Inventory is a major concern in modern commerce - often you'll have large assets tied up in inventory that may go unsold, or at least has to be insured, guarded from burglary and fire, storage space rent paid, etc.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:25:54 PM

Hmm, yeah but where are the batch 1 units?!?

+1

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:30:25 PM

Do anyone have answers to these questions:

- If a unit is damaged in transit and as a result of that or something is DOA, can it be exchanged for a new unit ?
- What if a unit just stops working after a couple weeks or months, is there any kind of guarantee offered?
- Is there insurance for shipping ?

Even though it wouldn't be all that profitable once arriving, it would still be interesting to own one. I could not however find
answers to my questions on their webpage.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:32:07 PM

It seems that walletbit is DDoSing gmail, because I have got several repeated confirmation emails from Walletbit.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:36:05 PM

- If a unit is damaged in transit and as a result of that or something is DOA, can it be exchanged for a new unit ?
- What if a unit just stops working after a couple weeks or months, is there any kind of guarantee offered?

Even though it wouldn't be all that profitable once arriving, it would still be interesting to own one. I could not however find

I do not believe any return/warranty has been stated with batch #2.  If anyone has one for batch #2 they should post it so it's saved for the future.  Buyer beware.  Might want to also check how much it will cost you to ship 15kg to China, cause if there's a problem you'll at least be out that.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:41:44 PM

I do not believe any return/warranty has been stated with batch #2.  If anyone has one for batch #2 they should post it so it's saved for the future.  Buyer beware.  Might want to also check how much it will cost you to ship 15kg to China, cause if there's a problem you'll at least be out that.

Haha - good point! Smiley

Here's the fine print, copied from their check out:

Read this first before considering purchasing batch #2 Avalon ASIC.

The no bullshit, no fine print terms of sale

We Accept Bitcoin Only – Bitcoin allow us to collect large sum of assets in a short period of time, and due their nature the bitcoins can also be move to where they are suppose to go in a similar time frame. We are aware this will introduce Import issues for certain EU and SA countries. Avalon ASIC hope re-sellers will take this opportunity to grow and take care of this problem.

No Refunds - The Avalon units are made on a built-to-order basis. This means when you place an order, your bitcoins are used to order parts to construct your Avalon Unit. Refunds therefore are impossible. Utilizing a short time frame, batch based, and built-to-order method allows to manage finances properly and reduce risk for all parties. e.g. Avalon ASIC, the re-sellers and the buyers.

Limited Customer Support - The Avalon team is comprised of a small group of capable people; however, we are also extremely limited in manpower. Every one of us handles multitude of tasks, and for this reason we will have very limited customer support. No news is good news. We apologize for this, but we do not expect this situation to change until batch three is in its production to shipping stage.

Trade-Ins - Avalon will continue to honor our old customers providing trade-in programs of old generations units, FPGA, and in the future for first generation ASIC modules. The Trade-In Orders are not part of the 600 unit limitation existing in Batch #2 and will be continue be honored until April 1st, 2013.
The Potential Risks

- Avalon ASIC will not be responsible for if a bitcoin bug is introduced rendering it useless between the period of time a batch of Avlaon units are being built.
- Avalon ASIC will not be responsible for any bitcoin price fluctuation between the time the order is placed to the time the units are delivered.
- Avalon ASIC will not be responsible for if a proper Integrated Circuit company like AMD enters the market and produce a full-custom ASIC chip. Please evaluate your mining projections properly when purchasing Avalon ASIC.

Please read this carefully, as with all things Bitcoin one should treat this as an investment and make the decision best for you based on the liquid-able funds available at the moment when placing an order.

Basically, anyone ordering, is doing a 1500 USD gamble then. Perhaps you will come out on the other end happy, perhaps you will not, perhaps one idiot will toss your package somewhere on it's path to you, or it is squeezed between a couple other big heavy objects and become broken, sorry, no returns, and no chance to do any chargebacks then. So really, if you order, then you should be ready to write off 1500 USD the moment you order.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:52:34 PM

Quote from: Avalon ASIC

Trade-Ins - Avalon will continue to honor our old customers providing trade-in programs of old generations units, FPGA, and in the future for first generation ASIC modules. The Trade-In Orders are not part of the 600 unit limitation existing in Batch #2 and will be continue be honored until April 1st, 2013.

So I don't understand... Trade-ins aren't available for this second batch, or are they? If they are I must have missed the option to have a trade-in during checkout or something, because I paid full price for the units and didn't see any possibility for a trade-in.
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

perhaps one idiot will toss your package somewhere on it's path to you, or it is squeezed between a couple other big heavy objects and become broken
Did you seen, how Russian Post  Service dealing with packages at sorting facility? Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfkGoYfbLdE
Beepbop

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:55:28 PM

Herodes, it's the shipping company's responsibility to get your ASIC to you in one piece. If it's been thrown under a truck, then the shipping company has to pay for the damage. It might be hard to get them to pay for consequential damages though. If you miss a month of mining due to the damage, the shipper probably won't pay for that. You/Avalon will probably only be compensated up to the value of the item (if they chose the appropriate shipping method/insurance). Let's hope they didn't declare it as a "gift" with "value 10 bucks" when they sent it, or DHL might just give you 10 bucks in compensation for your flattened ASIC and take the aluminium for themselves Grin. (15 kg of aluminium is worth almost 30 USD on the open market.)

The "no refunds" bit is to avoid guys that order an ASIC now and chickens out because Bitcoin becomes unpopular tomorrow or something like that. Whatever Avalon says they ARE responsible for delivering to you the specified product, and that it sort of works. They are NOT responsible if tomorrow some hacker breaks the Bitcoin protocol and buys all the weed on Silk Road for himself. Avalon delivers an ASIC that mines Bitcoin. They don't deliver a machine that creates gold out of thin air.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:07:33 PM

Nothing happens when I click go to checkout, when I have the ASICs in my cart. Did I miss out or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: never mind, it was working funny for me in firefox, but I was able to order using chrome. Hopefully these ones ship on time.  Cool
Beepbop

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:09:03 PM

Are you logged in to the Wordpress store?
Tril

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:22:53 PM

Clicking the big checkout button doesn't do anything, but going to the drop-down menu in the upper right and clicking Checkout worked.
Beepbop

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:33:47 PM

92 in stock now, it says.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: