Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch#2 Re-open 2/18  (Read 20033 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

Another thing about being dumb: You posted in other thread (BFL god forbidden)..... 130w vs 72w is a 20% difference. This is for the SC single power consumption.
I don't recall what kind of calculation i did, but it was correct. I was assuming 6 chips/single and not 8, etc. No need to troll here, FYI.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 08:17:26 PM

Anyway after this I think that we seriously deserve an update about the REAL status of the shipping...

I think he did give a REAL status. March 10th at least. Again it would make sense if they had about 300 orders the first round of batch 2. I can only speculate on the later date of April 15th as too many orders and giving a real ETA? Today I saw -19 units in stock. Could that mean another 19 units where purchased after the said "Out of Stock" notification popped up?

I have no idea when that date was thrown up there. It could have been the start of the Part 2 of the second batch order and I totally missed it.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:18:46 PM

Anyway after this I think that we seriously deserve an update about the REAL status of the shipping...

I think he did give a REAL status. March 10th at least. Again it would make sense if they had about 300 orders the first round of batch 2. I can only speculate on the later date of April 15th as too many orders and giving a real ETA? Today I saw -19 units in stock. Could that mean another 19 units where purchased after the said "Out of Stock" notification popped up?

I have no idea when that date was thrown up there. It could have been the start of the Part 2 of the second batch order and I totally missed it.
I was talking about the Batch #1. I find the lack of information about that really indicative...

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 08:30:16 PM

I was talking about the Batch #1. I find the lack of information about that really indicative...

Ok we are talking about two different things now Smiley I was referring to the new dates shown for Batch 2 part 2.

I haven't seen the batch 1 shipment date change at all. March 1st is still there and its only Feb 20th. Though the time is coming soon. Now that CNY is over I am sure it will be a very interesting two weeks Smiley

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:38:34 PM

Ok we are talking about two different things now Smiley I was referring to the new dates shown for Batch 2 part 2.

I haven't seen the batch 1 shipment date change at all. March 1st is still there and its only Feb 20th. Though the time is coming soon. Now that CNY is over I am sure it will be a very interesting two weeks Smiley
Lets hope they don't change that and that they account for the 12 units shipped daily since a month ago + the 53 units sent trught "that had the best chance to make it out of china". Seeing those 300 units shipped for real would be really interesting.

What disturbed be is that the date was changed today, it wasn't there 2 days ago when I placed my order.

And yes, I'm dumb because I placed the order the very day I saw BFL inventing such a ridiculous excuse such as "it's president way, we called and they responded, but our guy there was on holiday". No news until now, ridiculous is not enough. So I think that I did the right choose with this order, but I don't like dates being pushed foward the day after I order.

So, if they ship batch 1 in time, they will have my trust again.

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

Another thing about being dumb: You posted in other thread (BFL god forbidden)..... 130w vs 72w is a 20% difference. This is for the SC single power consumption.
I don't recall what kind of calculation i did, but it was correct. I was assuming 6 chips/single and not 8, etc. No need to troll here, FYI.

The same way you assumed AVALON would not change their date?

I like your " i feel dumb, but i'm not dumb" argument.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:47:58 PM

The same way you assumed AVALON would not change their date?

I like your " i feel dumb, but i'm not dumb" argument.
My math skills are certainly better than yours, that's all what I need to know not to feel dumb. Yes, I failed hard on that post about the BFL chips.

I don't regret my choice, and i never said I feel dumb. I said that I feel like i was treated, by avalon, like if I was one. Not personally, in quality of customer.

I certainly did not like that the same way I don't like your trolling.

marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:00:32 PM

this could be the forthcoming round 3 of batch#2 and the dates for them...for the 19 of them, if someone catch the number...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:58:24 AM

So, Avalon ships on April 14th, 2013.. that means we probably get ours at the beginning of May. According to this chart: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0ol068iizf4/USN-rp-onoI/AAAAAAAAGXs/7UBDdEbiTHQ/s1600/9.10.chart2-2013-02-20.png

We'd get about 1 BTC a day and it goes downhill from there.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 09:04:33 AM

So, Avalon ships on April 14th, 2013.. that means we probably get ours at the beginning of May. According to this chart: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0ol068iizf4/USN-rp-onoI/AAAAAAAAGXs/7UBDdEbiTHQ/s1600/9.10.chart2-2013-02-20.png

An interesting way of reading that update.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:14:19 AM

An interesting way of reading that update.

How does Bowjob make the difficulty/total hashrate assumptions?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:28:08 AM

How does Bowjob make the difficulty/total hashrate assumptions?
Bowjob does not make the assumptions, organofcorti does

It's a statistics model based on an ideal world where there are no fuck-ups in shipping and customs people that celebrate CNY ;-)

http://organofcorti.blogspot.be/2013/02/910-asic-choices-avalon-update-3.html
Node

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:11:51 PM

has anyone's status changed from processing?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:35:56 PM

has anyone's status changed from processing?

Nothing here yet still saying processing. Must be still dealing with batch #1 orders and making final shipping to them. I would like to see where they are upto with the first batch tho and where the first 300 units are at and who has actually got theirs. Am sure with the spikes in network power theirs more testing coming online and am sure their will be some out of that 300 solo mining as I have seen a big increase in Unknown status ie solo mining so more must be coming online and some people keeping quite about them. We can only wait and see, like myself am now waiting in batch #2 and would love to get it up and running before BFL. I would of gone to BFL but the amount of misleading emails I have had from them claiming if I order now it will be shipped out in May and many people have been waiting over a year so I cant understand how this is possible for BFL to claim will be shipped when theirs no doubt 10s of thousands of orders waiting to be sent out.

If BFL do produce a product then I will buy from them once I see people are getting their units. Until then it is Avalon who is getting my custom and I hope they provide some bigger units in the future but using less power.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:48:27 PM

Even batch one never updated past payment completed. This order will probably never say anything other than processing. If you see that you are good to go. The next update you'll probably get is a visit from the yellow or white truck of happiness or a delivery slip in a month or so.
cosurgi

Activity: 298

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 09:25:53 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 07:20:42 AM by cosurgi

I wonder if people who ordered will mine back those 56 BTC...

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:03:57 AM

I get the feeling that there will indeed be a point where you will never get your investment back, like you might make half your investment back in the first two weeks, then half the remainder in the following two weeks, and so on.

just like if you take a step towards a wall, and your next step is half the distance between you and that wall, and your next step is half the remaining distance again, and repeat, you will never reach the wall (though you will get very close), and the changing price of the bitcoins themselves may help you recover the costs in terms of dollars, but you may never return those 56 (in my case) bitcoins that you spent in the first place...

personally, I'm hopeful that the decay rate will be less than half, and my gamble (note, I do not consider this an investment) will eventually pay off.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:23:22 AM

It sucks more from bfl investors who paid long ago. Theyd be better off holding btc

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:57:27 PM

I've refrained from PMing BitSyncom because I'm sure that his inbox is most likely overloaded. Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Placed some orders on Feb 3 at about 11AM CST (First wave Batch #2).  I have the WalletBit receipts.  I have received no updates from Avalon-Store.com regarding a order confirmation.
Placed orders on Feb 18th at about 10:50AM CST (2nd wave Batch #2).  I have Wallet Bit receipts and also received a Avalon-Store.com order confirmation.

Checking the status of my orders on Store-Avalon.com I see only Feb 18th orders.  Some show "Processing" and some show "Pending".

#1 - Should I be eventually receiving a order confirmation for the 1st wave Batch #2 orders?
#2 - Should the 1st wave Batch #2 orders from Feb 3rd be shown on the website?

It's a bit frustrating having spent the money I did and not receiving even a single email thanking me for my order.  If no email is going to to out, I would hope that at least the website would be corrected to properly show my orders.
BenTuras

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:03:13 PM

I've refrained from PMing BitSyncom because I'm sure that his inbox is most likely overloaded. Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?
I was, so I wrote a support request, which was handled a week later and I now have both my Feb-3 and Feb-18 orders listed. All orders show processing.
#1 - Should I be eventually receiving a order confirmation for the 1st wave Batch #2 orders?
#2 - Should the 1st wave Batch #2 orders from Feb 3rd be shown on the website?
My best guess:
#1: yes, i suppose they are very busy handling orders from batch 1, and only look at batch 2 support issues now and then.
#2: yes, after #1 has been fixed

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: