Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Nakamoto really the New World Order?  (Read 1193 times)
lukestokes (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 11:41:02 PM

I'm posting this mainly for fun (I'm still in Newbie jail and apparently need to post some stuff to get out). I've been researching bitcoin for a few weeks now and was thinking this morning, "Wow, bitcoin is so cool! It's a currency used all around the world!" (I was looking at some bitcoin maps last night)

That got me thinking... a global currency. The exact thing the New World Order conspiracy theorists claim is the "end game" of all their loosely related conspiracies from 9/11 to HAARP. Despite what we see here about Mr. Nakamoto's views on central banking (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto), what if he (it?) is really using bitcoin as a test bed for a global currency? With global concerns of hyper-inflation and currency wars, it makes sense to me for something like bitcoin to become successful. What if talk of the "sheeple" getting "chipped" just means their bitcoin private addresses will be implanted so they can't be stolen?

But... I digress. I can't seem to find my tin hat today. If that really was the case, they made a big mistake in giving up control of the system. For some organization to have global control via a single currency, they'd have to be able to expand and contract the liquidity of that currency to maintain control. Not sure that's possible with bitcoin.

Please proceed with your regularly scheduled whatever you were doing. Smiley

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:59:33 PM

A currency wich they do not control and wich they cannot print at will? Naaaah

Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:06:32 AM

Aka, J0hn C0nn0r.

In Cryptography we trust.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:08:53 AM

Mintchip is closer to it than bitcoin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MintChip

The reason bitcoin isnt NWO is because you dont need government ID to use it and its closer to cash which the NWO wish to get rid of.

Its also probably why Something Awful forums hates bitcoin because they are wannabe masons.

EarlyCuyler

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:17:26 AM

This thought did cross my mind as well, I must admit.  MonsterTrent explained it pretty well though.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 03:31:01 AM

Thanks Monster Tent, I hadn't heard of that before. Interesting.

Probably not a coincidence these ideas are getting so much attention lately. Even Amazon is getting in on the game with their own coins.

Fun times. Now if only I had gotten into this a couple years ago...

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:28:05 AM

Probably not a coincidence these ideas are getting so much attention lately. Even Amazon is getting in on the game with their own coins.

There's no similarity between bitcoins and amazon coins, except for the name. Amazon coins are like a credit / reward system from what I can tell, not an attempt at currency.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 02:24:57 PM

There's no similarity between bitcoins and amazon coins, except for the name. Amazon coins are like a credit / reward system from what I can tell, not an attempt at currency.

That was my thought as well, except I think they have the potential to be a digital currency in the future. I may be reading into it too much, but how about this: the USD inflates to high hell because a few governments decide to move to gold or some other reserve currency. Since the Amazon coin is tied to the dollar, they take a beating along with everyone else. The guys at Amazon are pretty smart though, and what prevents them from deciding, "Ya know what? Starting today, our coins are no longer tied to the USD. They are now tied to..." (put in whatever you want there).

It gives them the flexibility to create a digital currency in the future, right? Granted, they control it completely so it's not something I'd personally be too excited about.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 02:30:32 PM

But... I digress. I can't seem to find my tin hat today. If that really was the case, they made a big mistake in giving up control of the system. For some organization to have global control via a single currency, they'd have to be able to expand and contract the liquidity of that currency to maintain control. Not sure that's possible with bitcoin.

This.

And also: welcome to the forums, take a cookie and feel right at home.

EDIT: have popcorn ready.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:20:46 PM

it depend how many btcs are locked in the first wallets... if there are still some significant amounts unused, everything is possible...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:31:28 PM

it depend how many btcs are locked in the first wallets... if there are still some significant amounts unused, everything is possible...

huh? why would that change anything?

It's the case, btw. The early coins haven't moved much.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Oldsport

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:56:35 PM

I'll say one thing to this: Why does it matter? If you believe in this stuff then you should also believe that it would be "God's Will" otherwise it wouldn't be happening in the first place, because who can act against God?

In order to get from point A to Z you have to do "bcde...". So if Bitcoin is the one world currency then it is, whether or not you support it does nothing to strengthen or weaken that fact.

marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:02:40 AM

huh? why would that change anything?

It's the case, btw. The early coins haven't moved much.

btc market cap potential says those early millions of btcs could worth trillions, and will eventually...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Grover

Activity: 137

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:56:37 AM

I'm posting this mainly for fun (I'm still in Newbie jail and apparently need to post some stuff to get out). I've been researching bitcoin for a few weeks now and was thinking this morning, "Wow, bitcoin is so cool! It's a currency used all around the world!" (I was looking at some bitcoin maps last night)

Interesting premise.

On the surface I agree with most other poster's that this is too decentralized to be part of the NWO's plans for a one world currency.

BUT

Isn't that just what the NWO would do in order to implement a one world currency?

Sure there are other Digi-coin currencies right now, but the NWO could be behind them all and when the best solutions have been proven then the NWO will execute a Digi-coin currency that is indexed to all previous Digi-coin currencies.

The code is open source.  They could do a hostile takeover where they devalue the Bitcoin and then offer a buyout.  If enough people sold they would not only take control of bitcoin they could rewrite the exchange so all holdouts are frozen out.

If you haven't heard the term Digi-coin it's in the NWO's Operations Manual v5.7.7.3.  Actually I just made all that up.

3/5 0h:47m
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: