Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unban please?  (Read 1451 times)
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:07:02 PM

I have this account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=344525
It is permanently banned I dont even remember why because it was so long ago, but I ban evaded on my second account after BadBear said I have to wait 3 months..
I waited more than 6 months, is it possible to unban me now, please?  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 03:59:03 PM

but I ban evaded on my second account after BadBear said I have to wait 3 months..
The initial ban does not even matter much if you've committed the act of ban evasion which results in a permanent ban. It does seem like a lot of time has been passed since your ban. Have you learned your lesson?
It might be wise to read the list of forum rules in case that your request gets granted.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:04:07 PM

but I ban evaded on my second account after BadBear said I have to wait 3 months..
The initial ban does not even matter much if you've committed the act of ban evasion which results in a permanent ban. It does seem like a lot of time has been passed since your ban. Have you learned your lesson?
It might be wise to read the list of forum rules in case that your request gets granted.

Yes I did.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:07:48 PM

Yes I did.

How do you know if you don't know what the ban was for?

I do also think that this is a fairly long time tobe anned and if you ave learnt your lesson, your ban could be lifted provisionally.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:16:41 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 07:46:23 PM by Lauda

I do also think that this is a fairly long time tobe anned and if you ave learnt your lesson, your ban could be lifted provisionally.
No, it isn't. Do you know the definition of the word 'permanent' within "permanent ban"?
permanent
adjective
1. lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely.

Update: There is no sort of "tone" that I'm taking. If a ban is well deserved and one evades the ban, then a permanent one is what they deserve. Removing a permanent ban after a short amount of time (and I'm not saying that this is the case here) defeats the purpose of handing one out in the first place.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:28:50 PM

No, it isn't. Do you know the definition of the word 'permanent' within "permanent ban"?
permanent
adjective

OK but:
indefinitely
adjective
1. unspecified period of time.
Please do not take that tone.

I said that it is a long time, "permanent" also denotes that!
However, as it is unspecified, it can always be changed.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:46:35 PM

permanent
adjective

OK but:
indefinitely
adjective

From what I read OP will not get the original account back. The best they can hope for is that they can create a new account that will not get immediately banned.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:48:31 PM

permanent
adjective

OK but:
indefinitely
adjective

From what I read OP will not get the original account back. The best they can hope for is that they can create a new account that will not get immediately banned.
Exactly! However, I still don't think that that will be very likely.
Gio344

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:13:09 PM

This is a strange forum, if you spam like "hi" 20x on these forums, you can get permanent banned

But if you scam someone and have a -30 rating score , you can continue scamming on the forum
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:38:52 PM

This is a strange forum, if you spam like "hi" 20x on these forums, you can get permanent banned

But if you scam someone and have a -30 rating score , you can continue scamming on the forum

There is a large difference between spamming and social engineering (scamming)

That being that social engineering (scamming) is worse!
However, the forum hav elittle evidence to remove eople. There are some users that are on -9999 trust ratingand are still on the forum.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:01:10 PM

There is a large difference between spamming and social engineering (scamming)

That being that social engineering (scamming) is worse!
However, the forum hav elittle evidence to remove eople. There are some users that are on -9999 trust ratingand are still on the forum.

Also forum does not stop scammers, they are kinda dealt with by trust rating.  Scamming is hard to stop to... so if they did take ownership of it they would spend a tone of time and still would be scammers.

Spammer's are something they can take care of, and need to.  Spam makes forum unreadable in some places.  With large userbase a lot of it is reported by members making it easier and less time consuming on staff (I think).

But on OP the entire point of months of waiting is to learn from what you did  to say:
*edited smaller
It is permanently banned I dont even remember why because it was so long ago, but I ban evaded on my second account ...

How can you learn if you do not know what you did? Looking at original account I'm going to guess had to do with small or one liner posts that added no content to threads.  And ban evasion ontop of not knowing what he did.... I think this is a permaban for a reason and wont be undone (at least not anytime soon).
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:47:30 PM

*edited smaller
It is permanently banned I dont even remember why because it was so long ago, but I ban evaded on my second account ...

How can you learn if you do not know what you did? Looking at original account I'm going to guess had to do with small or one liner posts that added no content to threads.  And ban evasion ontop of not knowing what he did.... I think this is a permaban for a reason and wont be undone (at least not anytime soon).

Because I was banned for 7 days and then ban evaded on my second account, but I will never do anything like this again.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:45:21 AM

*edited smaller

Because I was banned for 7 days and then ban evaded on my second account, but I will never do anything like this again.

Was original ban for short/posts that added no content?  Was it to do with posting crap post with sig?  Still you need to know what reason was for 7 day, it's hard to believe you forgot reason.

With ban evasion best chance of coming back is saying you learned your lesson.  I think your post saying you did not remember really hurts any chance you had.  With ban evasion and all said, I would guess you remain banned.   But that is for people far above me, that is my speculation though.
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:03:22 AM

*edited smaller

Was original ban for short/posts that added no content?  Was it to do with posting crap post with sig?  Still you need to know what reason was for 7 day, it's hard to believe you forgot reason.

With ban evasion best chance of coming back is saying you learned your lesson.  I think your post saying you did not remember really hurts any chance you had.  With ban evasion and all said, I would guess you remain banned.   But that is for people far above me, that is my speculation though.

Well I don't really remember why, but I will strictly stick to the rules if I get unbanned.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 08:54:26 AM

Well I don't really remember why, but I will strictly stick to the rules if I get unbanned.
Well, there isn't much that can be done at the moment. You will have to wait for someone of higher privileges to notice you're thread and make a decision. Keep in mind that they are very busy so these things tend to take time. Also, don't forget to not post outside of this thread under any circumstances (else you will be reinforcing that permanent ban).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:00:15 PM

Well, there isn't much that can be done at the moment. You will have to wait for someone of higher privileges to notice you're thread and make a decision. Keep in mind that they are very busy so these things tend to take time. Also, don't forget to not post outside of this thread under any circumstances (else you will be reinforcing that permanent ban).

Okay, thanks.
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:20:57 PM

help me please..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:45:53 PM

help me please..

Best advice is come back every 2 weeks or so and bump thread, and send a nice email reminding them you are waiting.  This is a slow process as you will find out posting every few day's will not help. 

But give it some time and see what happens.  There is no guarantee you will be unbanned if you want honest truth.  So if they do it they are being very nice.  So best advice make sure during this time not to ban evade with another account, and wait with bumps every two weeks or so.
CoolRunningsMETA (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:37:08 PM

bump...   Cry
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 03:28:19 PM

Well there is no use pleading to have the ban removed if one is given a permanent ban, is there?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: