Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:01:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new to bitcoin mining please help  (Read 1549 times)
r.arnold (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 02:47:12 PM

So recently i started mining bitcoins using GUI Miner and my graphics card. However I've worked out this is not very effective and as a result i purchased an Antminer U1. I have installed the required drivers and switched to cg miner (despite my antivirus not wanting to accept the file and this being my only choice since BFG miner is completely blocked by my PC) however upon opening starting Zadig to fix the drivers the miner isn't listed. Could anyone provide me with help as i have no idea what to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:35:40 PM

You're a bit late to the party really the U1/U2/U3 are massively outdated. You will never earn any money with them. Even the S3/4/5 are outdated too. You'd need an S7 or equilateral to make any money and that's if you have free electricity aswell. If you are doing this as a hobby and understand that you won't make any money then fair enough.

What version of cgminer do you have? When I was using the U2's as a stepping stone I just used the desktop client from www.bitminter.com which will run them easy and you can overclock them through it aswell. You will need a powered hub for them as they will draw more than a standard USB port can cope with. You wouldn't want to burn out the USB card on your laptop.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:08:08 PM

I think you need to install the driver for CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller. Make sure you are using the right one for your OS.

Try to following link for some useful instructions: http://bitcoinrigs.org/instructions/antminer-u1/

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:43:35 PM

upon opening starting Zadig to fix the drivers the miner isn't listed. Could anyone provide me with help as i have no idea what to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance

I have no idea what the U1 is listed as in Zadig.  So unplug it and run Zadig to see what is listed then close it and plug your U1 back in and run Zadig again to see what is there.  The new device is probably it so install the WinUSB driver for it.

The CGMiner support page is here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg357369#msg357369

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
ZOOM007

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:54:45 PM

So recently i started mining bitcoins using GUI Miner and my graphics card. However I've worked out this is not very effective and as a result i purchased an Antminer U1. I have installed the required drivers and switched to cg miner (despite my antivirus not wanting to accept the file and this being my only choice since BFG miner is completely blocked by my PC) however upon opening starting Zadig to fix the drivers the miner isn't listed. Could anyone provide me with help as i have no idea what to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance
Hello, And welcome to the BTC world

There are already many threads Running here, if you can simply go through other threads you will get the Idea how this forum work and How you can earn money from this forum. But still if you dont have time i can do this for you.
You can earn money in Different ways from this Forum

By Joining any Signature campaign here.
How to Join a signature campaign >> Just go to service section and Check the Signature campaign in that Section. You will Different Signature campaigns threads. And You will also see the Different pay scale levels for the Different Level.
On this Forum there are different Activity level which will increase as your account gets older, and As your activity will increases your pay scale also will increases.
So Dont get panic in the beginning  on seeing the pay scale, Just do hard work here to get some nice activity level & Try to gain some Knowledge about this forum.

Other Money earning method is if you dont have skill there is section called Gambling>> Games and rounds On this Section there are free giving away of BTCs Where you are able to earn some free BTCs.

If you Have Skills to offer, you can earn alot from this section >> Service .... On this section you can offer your skills like Graphic designing, Web designing, Promotions, SEO, Signature Designs etc etc

Try to read these Threads too: 
TUTORIAL: How to Earn Bitcoins for Newbies!>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244332.0
[New] What is a Sig Campaign?>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1352964.0
Best way to earn Bitcoins? >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006151.0
How can I earn money in this forum?>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144701.0

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:09:20 PM

Bitcoin mining even with the antminer S7 which is way overpriced given the imminent block reward halving from 25 to 14.5 BTC will probably not ROI unless you have free or cheap power. I recommend waiting until new gear comes out then research thoroughly your investment. You need to factor in:

Time to ROI
Current bitcoin price
Current Block Reward
Current Difficulty
Difficulty rises (which slowly reduce the income a given rig can get)

Of course, you can always put a small rig solo mining and hope to win the lottery with it : - )

I would do some thorough research. DO NOT PAY THE CRAZY EBAY PRICES FOR S7s and do some strong research!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: