Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:05:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google+ people you may know.  (Read 1653 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:49:39 PM

I was forced into having a Google+ account since I do use some google services. I never participate actively in anything there though.

Funnily, today the great people at Google had in all their wisdom figured out I needed more friends at Google+, so they sent me the following suggestions (no kidding):

Hi [my name], here are some people you may know on Google+:

Satoshi Nakamoto
Tokyo, Japan

Linus Torvalds
Linux Foundation

Sure thing, I know these people. Let's be friends!

(Although I think both those humans (?) are great, it's kind of odd to send anyone a message saying that they may know Satoshi, haha.)

Maybe it's just a trap ? Puts tinfoil hat on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:58:16 PM

Google is starting to become evil (just as we always knew they would). The other day I was helping someone with their computer and when I sent her an email for testing, an image came up next to my name. It was a frame from a youtube video I posted two years ago. A little creepy.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:18:20 PM

It's like being in one of those terrible action movies where everyone else thinks you're crazy and then evil government agents are kicking down your door and digging through your stuff >_< for some reason though people seem to think it's okay if it's on the internet.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 05:49:30 PM

I was forced into having a Google+ account since I do use some google services. I never participate actively in anything there though.

Funnily, today the great people at Google had in all their wisdom figured out I needed more friends at Google+, so they sent me the following suggestions (no kidding):

Hi [my name], here are some people you may know on Google+:

Satoshi Nakamoto
Tokyo, Japan

Linus Torvalds
Linux Foundation

Sure thing, I know these people. Let's be friends!

(Although I think both those humans (?) are great, it's kind of odd to send anyone a message saying that they may know Satoshi, haha.)

Maybe it's just a trap ? Puts tinfoil hat on.

A couple years ago, I opened up a G+ account to be used for my barn wood enterprise, and opted to use a pseudonym. Google, with its infinite wisdom, soon recognized it as not a real name and shut it down until I proved it was my real name. That is still their policy today, yet they will suggest a known non-existent entity to be your friend.

Now a spooky Google story that happened to me a couple two three days after the Super Bowl.

I was reading some article suggested to me via Google News. During the reading of the article, I thought of Paul Harvey and wondered what was his last broadcast before he died. Note, that the article I was reading had nothing to do with Paul Harvey. It was just some mundane rag article that caught my attention, hence possibly my mind drifting elsewhere.

I went to YouTube, which we all know is own by Google. I typed in the search box "Paul Harvey's last broadcast" (without quotes). Upon seeing the results, the first ad video (top right corner) was of a Super Bowl ad. Since I enjoy viewing all the SB ads, this one caught my attention because I hadn't see it before and it was 2 minutes long. I immediately clicked on it. It was the Dodge Ram truck commercial with a voice-over of the late Paul Harvey. I knew right then and there that Google knows what I'm thinking and that there's nothing I can do about it.

Lately, Google has been suggesting that I should be friends with some goat.  Shocked

~Bruno K~
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:54:33 PM

Paul Harvey. I knew right then and there that Google knows what I'm thinking and that there's nothing I can do about it.

I love your barn wood stories man! Hahaha! I laughed so loud!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:55:18 PM

I knew right then and there that Google knows what I'm thinking and that there's nothing I can do about it.

Lately, Google has been suggesting that I should be friends with some goat.  Shocked
I have to assume the former statement still applies to the latter statement, because both are made in the same post... in which case, I must ask, why are you thinking about befriending a goat?  What are your plans with said goat?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

I knew right then and there that Google knows what I'm thinking and that there's nothing I can do about it.

Lately, Google has been suggesting that I should be friends with some goat.  Shocked
I have to assume the former statement still applies to the latter statement, because both are made in the same post... in which case, I must ask, why are you thinking about befriending a goat?  What are your plans with said goat?

The part of said post pertaining to some goat was the only part I made up, only included to welcome back Goat to the forum.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:29:42 PM

I hate it when I go on YouTube, and the popup comes up saying "Get used to posting with your real name." 

uhh.. no.  Hopefully one day it will not be enforced.
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:33:54 PM

I hate it when I go on YouTube, and the popup comes up saying "Get used to posting with your real name." 

That day I will leave. I enjoy my pseudoanonymity.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

That day I will leave. I enjoy my pseudoanonymity.

Enjoy it while you can.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

Earlier today, I went to post a review on a Google Play app and it insisted I needed to create a Google plus account to do so. **** that. Google needs to be slapped down a peg or two.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:55:23 AM

Paul Harvey

Google associating that ad with your search for Paul Harvey isn't that mysterious.  It's been making the rounds lately, so there are thousands of other people searching for Paul Harvey and clicking on that ad.

The scary thing is, why did you randomly think of Paul Harvey?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: