Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transactions Not Confirming  (Read 638 times)
Projects (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:51:33 PM

For some reason my transactions are not being included in the next block quickly - I do not know why I have not changed any settings or done anything differently.
I sent a transaction at 14:54 (It is now 16:50 and it is still unconfirmed) I sent another at 15:06 and it has 7 confirmations!
Then I sent some more at 15:40, 15:41 and 16:04 and they all are unconfirmed.
Is there a reason for this? Fees have all been paid on all transactions as I normally do, nothing has been done differently.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Projects (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:04:05 PM

All the unconfirmed transactions just all got included in the same block - is there something I did wrong so I can avoid this in future (2+ hr wait) even with fees paid?
Not sure what though since I literally changed nothing.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

All the unconfirmed transactions just all got included in the same block - is there something I did wrong so I can avoid this in future (2+ hr wait) even with fees paid?
Not sure what though since I literally changed nothing.
Without information about the particular transactions that you are comparing, it is difficult to say why some are making it into blocks faster than others.  My first guess would be that the transactions that are taking longer probably used a larger number of inputs than the transactions that got into a block quickly.  My next guess would be that it is just a matter of luck as to which miner mined the block and which transactions they chose to include.

Perhaps voluntarily including a larger fee will help you get your transactions into blocks faster if that is important to you?
Projects (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:20:04 PM

The transactions were all roughly the same size (one 10 BTC the others 15BTC) just curious as to why a transaction made 10 minutes before for 10 BTC was included later than a 15 BTC transaction with the same fees paid?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:42:11 PM

The transactions were all roughly the same size (one 10 BTC the others 15BTC) just curious as to why a transaction made 10 minutes before for 10 BTC was included later than a 15 BTC transaction with the same fees paid?

Like I said, without information about the particular transactions, it really isn't possible to explain what is happening.  My best guess is that the 10 BTC transaction had more inputs (used more bytes) than the 15 BTC transaction.

If you'd be willing to post the transactionID's here, I'd take a look and see if I can explain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: