Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:53:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forum logged in time incorrect.  (Read 486 times)
Homebrewman (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:30:18 PM

Currently says I have only been logged in for 2 hours 4 minutes but I logged on about 4 hours ago.
Also was on the site for a few hours last night browsing posts.

Anyone else have same issue?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:42:29 PM

You can't just log in and walk away from the computer.  You have to be active on the site for the time to increment.  After a certain amount of time goes by without a click, they server stops the timer until it receives a new request.  I'm not sure how long that timer is, but I suspect that (depending on how fast of a reader you are) much of the time you spent reading posts was not counted.  You're half way there, and in the meantime you can participate in the Newbie threads asking any questions you have or answering the questions of other Newbies.  Have a bit of patience and you'll get there eventually.
20max13

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:51:15 PM

yeah you cant just leave a tab open for 24 hours lol
Homebrewman (OP)

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

Fair enough but I have been lurking on post all morning.
I am at work so there are periods of time when I am not doing anything on the forum.

Thanks for your replies.
EarlyCuyler

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:19:44 PM

I wondered about this too.  It doesn't really explain that when you sign up.  (Maybe it does and I didn't pay close enough attention.  If so, I apologize.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: