Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info login issues, please help  (Read 1555 times)
liam222 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:45:25 PM

I have an online wallet at blockchain.info which I haven't logged into for a while. today I have tried accessing my online wallet, with my identifier, I confirmed my email and then when I click on the authorisation email link I get the following message " Request Already Approved Or Expired ", I have tried several times, using different browsers, firefox, explorer, chrome etc but I am experiencing the same issue

I have searched this forum, but can't get any answers, I downloaded my wallet.aes.json file a while back and have this along with all the passwords. I would be very grateful if someone experienced here can steer me in the right direction about how I can go about accessing my bitcoins or confirm if they are experiencing these issues with blochchain.info at the moment and if it is just a temporary glitch on the site

Thanks
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 06:26:27 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 08:32:32 PM by DarkStar_

I logged into blockchain.info around an hour ago, without a problem. What do you mean by authorization link? Do you use the 2FA with your email? If so, I can't really help you there since I've never tried it. If you exported your wallet on blockchain.info, you could import the private keys into a desktop wallet like Electrum or Multibit.

Hi, Yes I use 2fa with email, which was added on to my account automatically a while back as I didn't use sms, can the wallet.aes.json file just be exported onto those programmes without decryption of any kind? And this may sound like a silly question, but would the wallet backup have had to have been updated up to the last point I received btc or would it show my correct balance regardless of at what point I downloaded it?

Assuming you had the change go into an address you owned, and not the create new change address feature, you would still have all your BTC, regardless of when it was downloaded. I'm not sure about the exporting question. Did you export it encrypted?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
liam222 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:32:24 PM

Hi, Yes I use 2fa with email, which was added on to my account automatically a while back as I didn't use sms, can the wallet.aes.json file just be exported onto those programmes without decryption of any kind? And this may sound like a silly question, but would the wallet backup have had to have been updated up to the last point I received btc or would it show my correct balance regardless of at what point I downloaded it?

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 03:05:33 PM

Make another blockchain.info wallet (with the same password used in the previous wallet), this time don't use any email but MAKE SURE to take NOTE of the Mnemonic and the Identifier, login into your new blockchain.info wallet and go to "Import/Export" tab, you'll see a warning, click "I understand", you might be again asked to enter your password, after that select "Import wallet".

Open up your previously saved "wallet.aes.json" file in notepad, copy the whole thing and paste it in the import wallet field at blockchain.info and click on "import wallet" button at the bottom, if you used the same password then it would decrypt the file, import its keys into the new wallet and sync it and your bitcoins will show up in the new wallet, ready for you to spend. GL Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████