Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:58:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete my account or ban me  (Read 944 times)
Tovagulet (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:59:18 PM

I want to delete my account.

Could a MOD please do it?

Or atleast ban me. I don't care.

Thanks
PapoXxX

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:02:42 PM

why not dont log in anymore and that its all?
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:09:29 PM

Mods wont delete your account nor will they ban you for simply asking.  There are however a myriad of ways to get yourself banned but I wont suggest any; that would be aiding and abetting.

edit: by the way, the ban is not on the account but on the person - be careful.
Note_spark

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:13:32 PM

what's the point on doing this?? You could just left it and don't log in. Instead of trying to delete or ban it making the mods to waste time on you.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:26:24 PM

what's the point on doing this?? You could just left it and don't log in. Instead of trying to delete or ban it making the mods to waste time on you.

Almost seems like a troll possibly asking for a ban on a 3 post account.  But mods don't delete accounts and for good reasons.  Think of if we allowed this scammers could get everything nuked off forum.

So you will not get it deleted no matter what you do.  And you cannot ask for ban... it is earned.
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:08:40 PM

Was a similar thread like this earlier in the year. This almost sounds like the same person because its such a strange request.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:12:48 PM

I put you on ignore. If it makes you feel better you are now banned from me.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 03:34:05 PM

I want to delete my account.

Could a MOD please do it?

Or atleast ban me. I don't care.

Thanks

Man, talk about lazy lazy.  You just need to not log in anymore.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:44:20 PM

I saw this option on the new forum Smiley 'deactivate my account' I think it what it was called. Maybe he's onto something here... (or maybe not  Shocked)

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:30:49 AM

I saw this option on the new forum Smiley 'deactivate my account' I think it what it was called. Maybe he's onto something here... (or maybe not  Shocked)

I would be HIGHLY surprised if they reversed decisions and allowed people to delete accounts.  Just a lot of issues like does it take posts down?  What if they are in part of a scam.. you kinda want those posts there.

Also if you had the power to deactivate your account if a account was compromised they might do this.... and owner would most likely have to wait.  So I just see a lot of downside and no good.    And I still think OP was a troll.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 10:06:05 AM

I would be HIGHLY surprised if they reversed decisions and allowed people to delete accounts.  Just a lot of issues like does it take posts down?  What if they are in part of a scam.. you kinda want those posts there.

In the new forum software you can "Deactivate Account".  I assume that will leave all their posts and PMs intact.  I can't see Theymos allowing a scammer to remove all traces of his/her activity once they are caught or suspected.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:06:23 PM

In the new forum software you can "Deactivate Account".  I assume that will leave all their posts and PMs intact.  I can't see Theymos allowing a scammer to remove all traces of his/her activity once they are caught or suspected.
I'd expect that if this were to be added in the full release, which I can't say I think it should, it would leave the account similar to this with more identifying information (E.G username still in tact). I sincerely hope it won't just let users get away without a trace.

However, let's not jump the gun. The new forum is still in beta and this feature could still be removed. Only time will tell I suppose.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:21:03 AM

this deactivate account features , i don't think it'll sure deactivate permanently your account,i bet the account which has been deactivated can be easily reactivated and the account will went normal after this feature disabled

Maybe it will just permanently lock your account.
If this feature does exist in the new forum, it would be nice if there is a flag to tell us if an account has indeed been deactivated.
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:04:06 PM

but why you want to get ban on your newbie account ? whats the point?                                                             
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:34:00 AM

Go on a spamming spree... you'll get your ban  Grin
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:55:45 AM

You should sell your account. I'm sure it's worth a few cents.

Semi-serious. It's an alternative to going through tor / vpn and having to pay off any "evil". And anyone buying it for that reason is probably going to end up getting banned.  Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:30:30 AM

You should sell your account. I'm sure it's worth a few cents.

Semi-serious. It's an alternative to going through tor / vpn and having to pay off any "evil". And anyone buying it for that reason is probably going to end up getting banned.  Wink

This scares me a little bit as who are going to buy these that they don't want linked to their own IP?  Chances are sig spammers, and scammers.  So for a few cent's you have you IP mixed in with some accounts that possibly might do "bad things".

I'm not pro selling as I'm sure other posts in past show.  But selling a new created account for a few cents.... I think the possible bad outweighs the good by far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: