Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG! Bitcoins are going to $389,000 each!  (Read 3795 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:16:22 AM

This market is smoking hot, and already had it's corrections recently. Bitcoins are being accepted by major sites, Bitpay is booming, and people are using Bitcoins for drugs, gambling, food and many other things.

Logic and common sense can sometimes be boring.
OMG! Bitcoins are going to $389,000.21 each!

Really they are:
How long will it take?

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:19:51 AM

The fact that I can use bitcoins to buy pizza is all I ever wanted. Everything else is just a bonus.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:28:23 AM

so this is really rough but someone on the internet says there is 800billion dollars in cash circulating in the world. Of course this doesnt include digital money on computers or currencies other than usd or other assets other than money. So it isnt entirely unreasonable to imagine that this much capital could flow into bitcoin before everything is said and done. So if this much capital were to flow into the bitcoin economy and we assume that at the time 3/4 of all bitcoins have been released, btcs would be worth 50,000 dollars each.

How quickly COULD this much value flow into bitcoin, the answer is very quickly. it COULD happen in a matter of a few years.

If you are into lottery tickets, bitcoin has to be the single greatest lottery ticket in the world.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:48:28 AM

$1.16 trillion in circulation as of February 6, 2013. Thats just USD
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:21:46 AM

Another recent high was made a couple hours ago $28.22.
Still lot's of room on the upside!   Cheesy

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:44:05 AM

Just counting cash (M0) the world monetary base is around $10-12 trillion. As 11m bitcoins are issued now that works out at a cool $1,000,000 each.

Because Fractional Reserve Banking will disappear in a bitcoin economy then the requirement for cash equivalents may be 10x to 100x the current level of M0. So BTC *might* theoretically reach $10m to $100m each (even without growth in the world economy until that future date).

The top agenda item for the G8 a few days ago was "Currency Wars". As they are only good a jawboning, then expect the Currency Wars to rage until fiat blows up.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 07:33:33 AM

I am willing to pay 10% interest on a loan toward the future value of one of my $100m bitcoins.

First come first served.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:39:30 AM

GO BITCOIN! GO BITCOIN!

Bitcoin will hit exactly $142,237.23 in the next 2 to 32e+8 hours! BUY BUY BUY!  Grin

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 09:01:36 AM

thoose thread ... i don't like them ... 
Because Fractional Reserve Banking will disappear in a bitcoin economy
why so? if you give me your bitcoins, i can easily "fractional reserve" it. So at the end you still have the same amount of bitcoin and i gain half of yours!Just please do not withdraw more than 10% per month. I can even give you intrest!
At the end, pirate did this didn't he?

Plus every severe drop started with a guy dividing the global wealth by the number of bitcoins. Not saying one causes the other, just superstitious.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 09:07:28 AM

In an deflatory economy, no one will borrow Bitcoin. You'll owe twice the amount in a month + interests!

Anyone in the lending business gets burned for sure.
bit-joker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 09:41:03 AM

You're WRONG! Bitcoins are going to a trillion dollars each in the next couple of years! I just made an speculation investment by buying a few bitcoins and soon I'm gonna buy the Manhattan Island in NY and change it to my name!

[/sarcasm]
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:04:29 AM

OMG! The existence of this thread suggests a big drop today!
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:06:49 AM

OMG! The existence of this thread suggests a big drop today!
Indeed.
Luno

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:12:29 AM

People here, including myself, with more posts than Bitcoins should be banned. That would secure quality in speculation threads.
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:38:10 AM

People here, including myself, with more posts than Bitcoins should be banned. That would secure quality in speculation threads.
It would be better to make posting a payed service. Only replying could be free ;-)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:44:15 AM

Just counting cash (M0) the world monetary base is around $10-12 trillion. As 11m bitcoins are issued now that works out at a cool $1,000,000 each.

Because Fractional Reserve Banking will disappear in a bitcoin economy then the requirement for cash equivalents may be 10x to 100x the current level of M0. So BTC *might* theoretically reach $10m to $100m each (even without growth in the world economy until that future date).

The top agenda item for the G8 a few days ago was "Currency Wars". As they are only good a jawboning, then expect the Currency Wars to rage until fiat blows up.

this is pushing it. It is likely that in the future bitcoin will have strong competition from other anarcho-currencies i.e. a lot of that capital will flow into gold and silver for example.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bit-joker

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:37:54 PM

Thank god some common sense! Mods should put a rating system so when a guy with negative votes shouldn't be able to post for a week or even a month depending on how stupid he is!
xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:23:13 PM

When du you think you will reach bitcoin to post parity?
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 03:57:40 PM

I haven't posted this in awhile, so I'll just leave this here:

(From my Using Memes to Explain Bitcoin)

Bitcoins are a couple pixels larger now than when I first published this, but you get the idea.

wtfvanity

Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:00:30 PM

I'm not selling my bitcoins for a penny less than $390,000!

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: