Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on the Minecraft Bitcoin Faucet  (Read 1652 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:47:27 AM

As some of you know, I run MinecraftCC and the Minecraft Bitcoin Faucet on that server.  It provides an excellent opportunity for those who play Minecraft to be introduced to Bitcoin and gather some small amounts of BTC themselves (entirely dependent upon how much "work" they put in).

More info here:  http://minecraftcc.com/index.php?threads/get-paid-to-play-minecraft.4613/

The fund began with 1 BTC donated by myself along with 0.26 BTC donated by a few others, and it has almost run out.  I will fund it with an additional BTC, but I would surely appreciate donations from anyone else who would like to contribute to bringing new users into the Bitcoin world!  Send to 13m8dAb16KqWv7v9oEsr97mYMXbynR6CoD.

The first 1.13 BTC has lasted from November 19th until today, and people seem to genuinely appreciate the payout, even if it is small bits at a time.  In that time, 227 people have signed up and have received at least one payout.

This next round, I will be advertising among other Minecraft communities to help gather some more fresh faces who haven't been exposed to Bitcoin before.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:55:33 AM

Great idea, nice way to get some more people involved (and I just love the concept of paying people to "mine" bitcoins in Minecraft).

1 BTC sent to 13m8dAb16KqWv7v9oEsr97mYMXbynR6CoD (TXID: 0ab3836b7d6da4e19707d659d86d58167eb3cf801b4e5d130f5af53536db8a30).  Feel free to point them to BTC Guild if they want to put the rest of their GPU to work (although Minecraft seems to have no problem maxing out any card for some reason Smiley ).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:58:28 AM

Thanks eleuthria, much appreciated!  I hope to continue this indefinitely, but I'm certainly not the richest Bitcoin user around here...  Your 1 BTC will go a long ways for this.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:15:57 AM

Are you guys interested in testing minetest, the free and open-source C++ minecraft clone?

If so, consider logging to the redcrab server.  I have a house there, and I made a large, unprotected flat area (which means that anyone can build on it):

It's far in the northern desert (you can see the coordinates on the screenshot).  I built a highway that leads straight there (ask people where is the northern highway).

We could build a bitcoin village or something.  Or build a giant statue of Satoshi Smiley

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:51:18 AM

Or build a giant statue of Satoshi Smiley

So a giant question mark then? Smiley
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:59:08 AM

One BTC sent.  Wink
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:12:34 PM

One BTC sent.  Wink
Thank you for your generousity Piper!
Risse

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

Hey, this looks awesome, I'll be sure to check it out later today!
tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

If I play minetest for Bitcoins then I can earn them completely for free, plus it's open source!  Grin

Connected to redcrab.suret.net 30401. Hope I'll find the house Cheesy

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:26:10 PM

If I play minetest for Bitcoins then I can earn them completely for free, plus it's open source!  Grin

Connected to redcrab.suret.net 30401. Hope I'll find the house Cheesy

I connect to redcrab sometimes as well.  My house is in the northern desert.   The coordinates are (-202, 26, 5222).

Take the northern highway to get there if you want to visit  (I've built a very long extension all the way to my place).

There is also a large flat area that I built there.  It's not protected so if you want to build bitcoin related stuff, please feel free to do so.

tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:00:55 PM

Found it. Thx for everything!  Cheesy

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:31:27 AM

This is good stuff, SgtSpike.  The more players who play your server, the better our shot at Minecraft itself.  And other platforms.

Sent two bits.  Two bitbits?

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:42:45 AM

Are you guys interested in testing minetest, the free and open-source C++ minecraft clone?

If so, consider logging to the redcrab server.  I have a house there, and I made a large, unprotected flat area (which means that anyone can build on it):

It's far in the northern desert (you can see the coordinates on the screenshot).  I built a highway that leads straight there (ask people where is the northern highway).

We could build a bitcoin village or something.  Or build a giant statue of Satoshi Smiley

Nicely done. I didn't realize mine craft had gone open source. How does it compare?

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:02:15 AM

This is good stuff, SgtSpike.  The more players who play your server, the better our shot at Minecraft itself.  And other platforms.

Sent two bits.  Two bitbits?
It is good indeed!  I see lots of new people being introduced to Bitcoin this way.  Very exciting.  Smiley
tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:49:24 AM

Nicely done. I didn't realize mine craft had gone open source. How does it compare?
Redcrab's server info(mods enabled, and basic commands): http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1705

Minecraft has not gone opensource but celeron55(Perttu Ahola), a Finnish person started minetest and is trying to make it much more moddable than minecraft is. Many mods add functionality and the aim I think is for making it "minecraft-compatible" if that made any sense. If not I'm just uninformed, I'm just a newbie player.

The image you quoted shows grondilu's lawn on redcrab's server(where I was allowed to build). The latest minetest 0.4.6 comes with almost nothing special and most servers like redcrab's come with lots of mods enabled. Redcrab though doesn't feature any mobs so no mobs will ever attack you there.
One mod I didn't find was the Protection stone mod, a basic protection against griefers. Instead they let you choose 2 areas in total that you can protect with x,y,z coord to x,y,z coord which creates a box where everything is protected inside of it(redcrab's)

If you just have to test minetest with mobs there are servers like Animal's server or the DP_Spanish server.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: