Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptototal.com SCAM  (Read 663 times)
mainbtcemail (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:59:30 PM

I wanted to buy a Bose Lifestyle 535 series III from cryptototal on 27th of March 2016. First I have asked them if they shipping to Europe. They said yes. I have paid on 27th of March through coinpayments (https://gocps.net/26ry8o6mbvtope4tdelqi9315/) and waited. After 3 weeks since I've paid and after numerous emails sent to them, they said they encountered a problem with the seller where they placed the order and the item is not shipped (although, the cryptototal status of my order says shipped).They asked for my wallet to refund me "AS SOON AS THEY RECOVER THE FUNDS". There is one month since I've paid and no refund and no reply from them so far.

Here is all conversation with them (if needed I can post screenshots)

On 19 Apr 2016, at 22:19, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

Please send us your bitcoin address, and we will refund you as soon as we recover the funds.

--

CryptoTotal.com Team

Follow us on Twitter @CryptoTotal
 Follow us on Facebook #CryptoTotal
 Visit our store for the best deals! CryptoTotal.com

Contact Information:

Support Email: support@cryptototal.com
Business Enquiries: business@cryptototal.com

(Or reply to this email)

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:
Hello Tarik,

We understand where you're coming from, and are doing our best to retrieve the funds.
We'll keep you updated and hope to find out more soon.

--

CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 2:15 AM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I understand how your system works, but it is not my fault you've made a bad choice. There is too much time since I have placed the order and if this will not be solved till mid next week I will be forced to ask for a refund.I rather use an btc to bank or btc to cash and buy the system from EU. Once again, to make things clear, I have paid you and not a third party. It is not my responsibility or any other's customers of yours how or with whom you are dealing to buy/ship gods.

Like I said, I hope you manage to resolve this problem before next Thursday, otherwise I will ask for refund.

Thank's

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Apr 2016, at 18:12, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

As a follow-up email, to give you a better insight into how our system works:

We don't have direct suppliers. When someone places an order with us, we order that product for him, and have it shipped to him via the third party. In most cases, we purchase it directly from Amazon. In some cases, we purchase it from third party sellers on Amazon or on eBay. The prices on our store are slightly higher than the prices of the products on Amazon & eBay; this is how we make a profit (and we usually hold our cryptocurrencies, and try to make more by betting on future increased value). Some of our customers prefer to pay via PayPal.

However, when a customer outside the US orders a product, it involves another step, namely a package forwarder. The majority of products on Amazon are not delivered outside of the US, but only within the US (or North-America). So, what we do is the following: we order the product from Amazon (or a third party seller), and have the product shipped to a package forwarder in the United States. Once the forwarder confirms the receipt of the package, we'll pay them a fee, and they'll forward it (ship it) to the customer outside of the United States.

However, the forwarder has not confirmed the receipt of the package, which indicates that the third party seller has not send it. We're now trying to find out what has happened via Amazon.

As mentioned earlier, we'll keep you updated.

--

CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:
Hello Tarik,

Apologises for the delayed reply. We are trying to find out what has happened. The third party we bought it from, does not seem to reply to our emails, and has had its Amazon account deactivated. We are now in contact with Amazon about how this will be solved.

Don't worry, we are on it every day.

We'll get back to you soon.

--

CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:21 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

There are now four days since I haven't heard from you. I am very worried about this. Would you be kind to update me as soon as possible?

Thank's

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Apr 2016, at 14:11, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

Thank you for your email. Our apologises for the late reply, the support mail isn't checked during the weekend.

We have not yet received it from the forwarder yet, which indicates that they haven't received the package yet. It is usually delivered within a few days, and then forwarded to the end customer within 2 business days. This is unusual, so we'll give solving this priority.

We'll keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Have you received the tracking code from the forwarder?

Thank's

Sent from my iPhone

On 05 Apr 2016, at 16:33, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

Just an update: We're still waiting on the tracking code of your shipment. For shipment outside of the US, we use a freight forwarder. This means that we order a product from an American webshop (which normally only delivers within the US), he package is then delivered at a freight forwarder in the United States, and the freight forwarder forwards it (sends it) to you. Until now, we have received dispatch confirmation from the supplier, but not from the freight forwarder. Once the freight forwarder confirms shipment (so the 2nd shipment in the process of getting it delivered to you), a tracking code (usually UPS) is provided.

We have contacted the supplier and asked for an update regarding your order.

We'll get in touch with you once we know more.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 4:19 PM, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:
Hello Tarik,

We received a dispatch confirmation from our supplier, and have updated the status of your order.
We're in different time zones, so apologies if for the delayed reply.

The status of your order will be updated regularly. Once we receive the tracking code, it will be added to your order. You'll then be able to track your order by clicking on the link in the T&T email, or by entering it here: http://cryptototal.aftership.com

We expect to receive the tracking code within several days.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:16 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

According to your previous email, mu order should have been processed today. Have you got any update?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Mar 2016, at 21:17, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

It depends on how fast our supplier fulfils the order. Most of our customers pay with PayPal, so their orders get dispatched faster as we don't have to convert bitcoin to USD. We've already send the order to our supplier, so your order should be dispatched within 2 or 3 days (before the weekend) Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for the prompt answer. How much time it will take you to dispatch?

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Mar 2016, at 19:46, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello again,

Once the item is shipped, it should be delivered to you within 5 to 15 working days (so approx. 1-3 weeks). The package will be send from the United States, and with tracking. We will add the tracking code to your order as soon as it is dispatched, and you will be able to follow your order.

Please note that in some cases, especially with larger orders, it could take longer for the item to arrive because of US/European customs, and your order could be subject to import taxes of your country (I believe for the majority of European countries, VAT is 21% or 22% if the value of the order exceeds a certain amount).

We offer customs services to our international customers. Our customers can pay their country's customs fees in advance to prevent surprises (additional costs) when the package is delivered at their doorstep. However, some of our customers don't want this service because their country's customs doesn't control all packages, so they usually don't have to pay anything extra when the item is delivered. But this is a personal choice/preference.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:11 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
just sent the payment again. do you know how much time for shipping and from where you will send from?

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Mar 2016, at 17:44, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

We received an email from our payment processor (CoinPayments.net) that your payment was Timed Out (see attachment).

<Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 17.42.14.png>

Transaction ID: 43f70eb8c59c2ef4d4836e1ea2d64054f896638fa3df7136f3be7f216cc10713).
Order ID: #189
Invoice No: INV-2015-0032

There could be several reasons for this:

1. Not enough bitcoins were sent, resulting in failure to confirm the transaction.
2. The transaction was not confirmed within the allocated time.

If you wish to place your order again, contact us, and we will provide you with a direct bitcoin address and a 3% discount for the inconvenience caused.

Please do not forget to check your bitcoin wallet in case the bitcoins were sent; verify whether the bitcoins were returned by CoinPayments.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:14 AM, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:
Hello,

According to the manufacturer (Bose), the power supply for the system is 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz. This indicates that the system is made for the global market, so you will be able to use it in Europe.

Kind regards,

Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:26 PM, <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in this : http://cryptototal.com/Electronics/Bose-Lifestyle-535-Series-III-Home-Entertainment-System-Black

Will it work in European 220v-240v power supply?Or it is just the USA 110v-120v?

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Mar 2016, at 21:57, support <support@cryptototal.com> wrote:

Dear Tarik,

Thank you for your enquiry. We offer global shipping on all our products. Global shipping is already enabled for the majority of the products. For other products, such as high-end electronics, the global shipping will be enabled on-demand.

We have enabled shipping to Europe for the product you requested, and for other products within the same category. It is possible to pay with bitcoin via CoinPayments and GoCoin. A select number of alternative cryptocurrencies are also available.

You can view the prices of our products in bitcoin (or other currencies) by changing the store's display-currency in the top-right corner of the website.

Delivery to destinations within Europe usually takes between 5 and 10 working days.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

- Bart
CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Tarik <mainbtcemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to buy a Bose 535 series iii and have it shipped to Spain. Is it possible to pay with bitcoin and have it shipped here?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darlesmole

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:23:52 PM

Sorry For your loss.

But why you trust a new online site with a huge amount of money?

You should contact with this guy maybe he can help you out.He ran their signature campaign

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=163913

.                Gunthar Fast and Serious Loans&Refinancing Service
                      Loans  Financing  Refinancing  Escrow  Fast
..                  Don't loose your collateral Refinance with us
mainbtcemail (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:11:47 PM

Thank you for your support. I have contacted the guy. They seem genuine and probably I was overexcited about the sound system. I still hope I am going to recover my coins back. At least, as a pioneer (cobai like), I hope others will do more research in the future before committing with cryptototal.com and will learn from this. Anyway, I will update the progress here.
mainbtcemail (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:34:00 PM

Here is the last email I have received from them. Cryptototal.com confirmed now this is indeed a very elaborated scam.

This is email from them:

Hello Tarik,

Thank you for your emails. The situation is very unfortunate, but this is out of our control.
Recovering the funds might take between 3 and 12 months.

Could you please confirm your address details? This way we can send you a form to fill in to speed up the process:

--

CryptoTotal.com Team

Contact Information:

(Or reply to this email)

Coinpyments.net closed their account. I have contacted paypal and their webhosting provider also. I will update the topic with the progress. Any ideeas/help will be highly appreciated.
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:05:47 PM

3 to   12 months omg this is really long time, maybe btc reach 10$ or 1000$ in this time                                   
mainbtcemail (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:32:29 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 07:44:52 PM by mainbtcemail

What I believe is I will never recover the funds + refunding is another matter, will they refund BTC or USD?!

At least I feel ok seeing everyone was very receptive and probably they will be either closed or forced to refund

Today I have received emails from registrar which I believe it was sent to cryptototal.com also:

1st email:

Hello,

We have received a complaint that your hosting account is involved into a scam/fraud activity. Please note that such an activity is expressly prohibited on our hosting servers according to our Acceptable Use Policy, Paragraph 8. ‘Prohibited Activities’ www.namecheap.com/legal/hosting/aup.aspx

Please resolve the issue within the next 12 hours and get back to us with the results, otherwise we will be forced to suspend your account to stop the abusive activity.

We strongly recommend you to look into this issue and make sure it will not re-occur in future. Otherwise, we might be forced to suspend your account, unfortunately.

Please find the related information attached.

---------------------------------------------
Regards,
Andrey Borin
Legal & Abuse Department
Namecheap.com

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: GZL-347-53568
Department: Hosting -- Suspended Accounts
Type: Issue
Priority: High

Helpdesk: https://support.namecheap.com/index.php?/default_import

2nd email:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Namecheap Legal & Abuse department.

This is to confirm that your abuse report was received and the corresponding investigation has been started.

Usually the process requires up to 48 hours to be completed. Once updates on the matter are available we will inform you accordingly.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mainbtcemail@gmail.com
> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:37 AM
> To: abuse@enom.com
> Subject: cryptototal.com SCAM
>
> Hello,
>
> You are hosting a scam website cryptototal.com
>
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1450537.new;topicseen#new