Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More ASICs in the wild? - New 162GHps miner account on eleigius  (Read 2726 times)
Bogart (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:49:30 AM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1NUbXKWnrnpqKxqn3EYCF1JiyCjGg3H87G

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baazee

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 08:08:04 PM

BTC 9.51446449 in ~24h --> cool!!!
It's ~€190/day
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 05:38:43 AM

Ahh the power to mine (money) now in fewer and fewer hands just like every bank.  And people think ASIC is good for BTC.

Lem

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

Another new 66GH/s miner is here:
http://hhtt.1209k.com/user-details.php?user=1MngEke9hbW2RYGnw27r5QgS1TXLC68TV6
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

It must be an Avalon, given that BLF didn't developed it's own and that it has the same exact hash power of the Avalon.
Really interesting, thank you!

And people think ASIC is good for BTC.
Some big institution developing their own ASIC while you still mine with your GPU is certainly not good for BTC, it's an easy concept, no?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
mybadomen

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Ahh the power to mine (money) now in fewer and fewer hands just like every bank.  And people think ASIC is good for BTC.

I am with you Mate. Will be like a few big banks playing Ping Pong with all the coins shortly.
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 07:21:14 PM

I am with you Mate. Will be like a few big banks playing Ping Pong with all the coins shortly.

Price of GH/s is going down rapidly, and you complain that it is in fewer hands? And are much easier to setup / takes less energy. Care to explain your reasoning? Also Asicminer is opening a trading platform where anyone with a BTC can have a share or two. From my POV, the Hashpower is distributing just fine. Of course there will be winners and loser on who get the stuff first, but in in the long run, it doesn't matter at all.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:30:08 PM

Aahhh the greedy people raging that they no more can become rich with their computer.

BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:11:15 PM

I don't see why would somebody with that kind of hashpower join any pool at all. If your average blocktime is like few days, why bother with pools? Of course if you want to show off, or create market hype and publicity for (non excisting?) ASICs then you most definitely want to be on top of some pools top lists.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:13:57 PM

Theres now also a 2Th+ miner on OzCoin..... Prolly Avalon shipping.....
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:16:44 PM

They're Avalon batch 1 units. Someone reported receiving three just yesterday.

I don't see why would somebody with that kind of hashpower join any pool at all. If your average blocktime is like few days, why bother with pools? Of course if you want to show off, or create market hype and publicity for (non excisting?) ASICs then you most definitely want to be on top of some pools top lists.

Two reasons. First, to reduce variance. Secondly, because aiming a 65Gh ASIC at the bitcoin client causes problems.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: