Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:30:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying LTC at 0.0085  (Read 2800 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:03:53 PM

Tried telling you people to get some LTC but some were saying it was just too boring or stable or dead, so surprise. When LTC/BTC makes a move like this, it's official there's a coming bull market in both.
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:36:39 PM

Tried telling you people to get some LTC but some were saying it was just too boring or stable or dead, so surprise. When LTC/BTC makes a move like this, it's official there's a coming bull market in both.

I did buy PPC and BTCD since those coins ride with bitcoin. A nice 12% profit so far. I did not see LTC going up but looking at the stats now i see most of the profit is gone already.
Moloch2

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:45:56 PM

Litecoin is actually silver to Bitcoin's gold.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 10:03:03 PM

I just got some - only 0.1BTC's worth - and put it out in Polo's Lending market. I got a daily rate of 0.3399%....

Since the most straightforward reason to borrow an alt is to short it, that very high rate is a sign that there's more than a few shorters who think that LTC's going back to where it was. [This dovetails with the high-volume-&-low-gain pattern.]

It's gonna be an interesting ride...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 10:12:13 PM

FWIW, I saw this in Polo's trollbox on response to a "Litecoin To $25!!" feller (underlining added):

iagreewithyou: ben.franklin.1776, that is what I'm prepared for. everyone is shorting, which means a rise would be very painful and no one could stop it

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:17:59 PM

LTC? In 2016?

I had to make sure the guy above me didn't bump a thread from 2012.

well sooner or later everyones going to get sick of the permine, ico quest to make the devs money scams. and go back to the old school honest coins.

looks like the beginning of that of late  Cool
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:20:50 PM

It's a Fontas pump (old hands will know who he is - noobs, search this forum for his name):

https://twitter.com/Fontase

By the time he announces his pump, he has already bought cheap coins, and is looking to offload them on people he entices into his pump...

its most certainly not a fontas pump (maybe he may claim that after the fact, look at his april 23 post).
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:27:37 PM

It's a Fontas pump (old hands will know who he is - noobs, search this forum for his name):

By the time he announces his pump, he has already bought cheap coins, and is looking to offload them on people he entices into his pump...

its most certainly not a fontas pump (maybe he may claim that after the fact, look at his april 23 post).

That Twitter Account is not the real Fontas.

You can find the real Fontas here https://www.tradingview.com/u/Fontas/

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:40:49 PM

I wanted to buy LTC this morning at 0.0078 but I had to leave home and when I get back, knowing my luck it will probably be up to 0.0085, should I still buy? I will appreciate your views on the matter.

not sure anyone can give you such trading advice.

as a trader though i know the feeling. i had orders in at 0.0073 the other day hoping it'd drop to that, then woke up to 0.0079 ish, looked like a rally so i bought up at 0.008, normally i let the market come to me but was holding more btc then i like and always turn my btc into ltc (which i hadn't got around to in awhile of shitcoin trading).

if it falls back to my initial order price well that's the ups and downs of trading (and anyways in reality i was only turning freeride shitcoins into ltc).
losh11

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:24:41 PM

That Twitter Account is not the real Fontas.

You can find the real Fontas here https://www.tradingview.com/u/Fontas/

Fontas is no longer what you could consider a 'whale'. This person no longer has any control over the market, seeing that most trades originate from China.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:49:12 PM

FWIW, I saw this in Polo's trollbox on response to a "Litecoin To $25!!" feller (underlining added):

iagreewithyou: ben.franklin.1776, that is what I'm prepared for. everyone is shorting, which means a rise would be very painful and no one could stop it

I guess it depends on which force is stronger. LTC tends to pump every six months, but each time it's a weaker effort.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
SwedishGirl (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:57:22 AM

And out of all the coins in the world that he could have pumped he picked LTC, because?
SwedishGirl (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:59:23 AM

How original! Did you think of this yourself? On a more serious note, I managed to get in around 0.00821 let's see what happens in the next few weeks.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 09:00:20 PM

On a more serious note, I managed to get in around 0.00821 let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

I've legged-in at somewhat higher prices: 0.00845584 BTC average. Best of luck to both of us. Smiley

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:01:27 PM

LTC 0.025 within +/- 1.5 months. Smiley
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 09:05:09 PM

LTC 0.025 within +/- 1.5 months. Smiley

I certainly hope so...

prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:06:45 PM

This is the most ridiculous statement within the crypto scene I know.
I like the rise though, gains are always welcome.
SwedishGirl (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:24:26 AM

On a more serious note, I managed to get in around 0.00821 let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

I've legged-in at somewhat higher prices: 0.00845584 BTC average. Best of luck to both of us. Smiley

Well, we now have the answer to my question as we could have sold for a small profit already. Apparently buying at 0.0085 and below was the right thing to do. The question now is how high can this go?
Zosuda

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

If the big whales think the litecoin price can go to 0.01, then 0.085 is a good price to buy. But it is still risky.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:45:24 PM

If the big whales think the litecoin price can go to 0.01, then 0.085 is a good price to buy. But it is still risky.

Nobody can assure a whale would buy LTC which makes it risky. But there's still a chance that a group of traders would fill in their stash of LTC, so that too would increase the price of LTC. Roll Eyes

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████