Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:08:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies SP50 - Contacted Spondoolies Tech Support  (Read 3551 times)
xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 04:55:42 PM

Spondoolies SP50 would be a great investment. But looks like none of us will get one  Sad

Effective Hash Rate :                 110 TH/s ± 10%
Nominal Power Consumption :    16,570 W
Power Efficiency :                      0.15W/GH/s
Estimated price is around :         30k-40k USD

Contacted Spondoolies Tech Support yesterday about a possible  buying options in the near future , got answer today morning .
Would like to share this email with the bitcointalk.org mining community ...

from:   Bxxxxxx Gxxxxxxx (Spondoolies-Tech Sales) sales@spondoolies-tech.com
reply-to:   Spondoolies-Tech Sales sales@spondoolies-tech.com
to:   xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com
date:   Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:46 AM
subject:   [Spondoolies Tech] Re: [Spondoolies-Tech] Contact Form from April 24 at 6:13AM

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry.

For our initial product offering we are working with a small group of very large customers. Due to limited production capacity we are not able to accept new orders.

We appreciate your interest.

Regards,
Bxxxxxx

-------------------
Kind regards,
Spondoolies Tech Support

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:19:13 PM

Thanks for trying this out.

Pretty much the "Party Line" from Spondoolies on the SP50 for at least 6 months now. While it may not be actual "vaporware", it might as well be. Maybe folks will stop making plans based on it though.

It's a real shame (IMHO).
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:17:08 PM

I have a feeling that these SP50 actually exist and pretty soon they will be liquidating all of them on eBay to make room for newer miners.

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:36:59 PM

I have a feeling that these SP50 actually exist and pretty soon they will be liquidating all of them on eBay to make room for newer miners.

That would be interesting
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:43:41 PM

That would be interesting

I'm not sure they have everything in a NDA for those in the know.  The rest of us just know what is reported to the public.  Which does not include this at all. 

What I'm not sure is bitfury specs are around 2x better then SP50 specs.   So the mega farms they both would want, unless price is drastic difference  I think will go bitfury unless we don't know some important things.  Which is very possible.
Herv12

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:35:54 PM

It sounds silly. on datasheets, the SP50 is very efficient, especially if energy is cheap, which is usually the case of large farms.

Strange than someone want to separate now.

I have not found any trace of the SP50 on the net, just advertising, no video on youtube, no picture where we cans see hundreds working side by side, Nothing. If someone have video,... that can be interesting.

Other point: Increases in network hashrate only appears when a new model comes out from bitmain or when they distribute coupon. That's curious....

In fact we do not even know if the chip bitfury performance are really too. Bitfury pool seems decrease in size. This is strange from a manufacturer that is supposed to have the best asic....

All this miners can be only a vast bluff....

Time will tell
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:40:37 PM

Spondoolies SP50 would be a great investment. But looks like none of us will get one  Sad

Contacted Spondoolies Tech Support yesterday about a possible  buying options in the near future , got answer today morning .

subject:   [Spondoolies Tech] Re: [Spondoolies-Tech] Contact Form from April 24 at 6:13AM

Dear xxxxxx,

For our initial product offering we are working with a small group of very large customers. Due to limited production capacity we are not able to accept new orders.

Regards,
Bxxxxxx

-------------------
Kind regards,
Spondoolies Tech Support

I needed this miner in May 2013!

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:15:45 AM

Dear xxxxxx,

Regards,
Bxxxxxx

-------------------
Kind regards,
Spondoolies Tech Support

They needed this miner months ago so your not the only one who needed it.  Not seeing it.... I don't think they have it up and running.  I think they would have an announcement showing it working if had final product, and possibly even prototype.

I really don't know if we will see the SP50, which is sad as I liked my SP20's.  But I don't know if we will see a SP50.... and if they miss that mark hard to say where they end up.
Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:27:55 PM

Dear xxxxxx,

Regards,
Bxxxxxx

-------------------
Kind regards,
Spondoolies Tech Support

They needed this miner months ago so your not the only one who needed it.  Not seeing it.... I don't think they have it up and running.  I think they would have an announcement showing it working if had final product, and possibly even prototype.

I really don't know if we will see the SP50, which is sad as I liked my SP20's.  But I don't know if we will see a SP50.... and if they miss that mark hard to say where they end up.

Well i am waiting for my ButterFly Labs ship's out my FPGA Singles, can be any day now they told me.

xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 03:20:40 PM

"Well i am waiting for my ButterFly Labs ship's out my FPGA Singles, can be any day now they told me."

I hope You will get what You paid for ...
There was some trouble around "ButterFly Labs" , not to long ago :
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/02/operators-bitcoin-mining-operation-butterfly-labs-agree-settle
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/bitcoin-startup-butterfly-labs-settles-with-ftc-for-38-6m-but-it-cant-pay/

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:10:16 PM

"Well i am waiting for my ButterFly Labs ship's out my FPGA Singles, can be any day now they told me."

I hope You will get what You paid for ...
There was some trouble around "ButterFly Labs" , not to long ago :
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/02/operators-bitcoin-mining-operation-butterfly-labs-agree-settle
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/bitcoin-startup-butterfly-labs-settles-with-ftc-for-38-6m-but-it-cant-pay/

This is kinda for another thread as it's about BFL.  We don't want another BFL thread... there are a lot of them and no one won we know that.

I think SP is different in they did not do huge pre-order of SP-50's.  If they would have promised SP-50's by X date and missed it then would be a problem like BFL.  But as of now I believe they are only hurting themself not others by not having the machine.

Also they do have some cash they might be able to give a second run at a improved SP-50 that get's closer to bitfury's next gen chip spec's.  But we don't really know if they can manage this or not.  I'm not sure they did not give up on SP-50 with specs being beat by bitfury before release.  To make it unless was much cheaper then bitfury would be like throwing away money.

So SP-50... likely not a big contender in my view.  But does not mean we won't see a different SP gear one day (assuming they still have the funding which the merge should have given them some).
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 09:19:36 PM

I think SP is different in they did not do huge pre-order of SP-50's.  If they would have promised SP-50's by X date and missed it then would be a problem like BFL.
We actually don't know what they promised to BTCS / BTCS promised to other institutional buyers.

Also they do have some cash they might be able to give a second run at a improved SP-50 that get's closer to bitfury's next gen chip spec's.
What money? BTCS is broke af and Spondoolies is well.... SP50less.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:25:11 PM

I think SP is different in they did not do huge pre-order of SP-50's.  If they would have promised SP-50's by X date and missed it then would be a problem like BFL.
We actually don't know what they promised to BTCS / BTCS promised to other institutional buyers.

Also they do have some cash they might be able to give a second run at a improved SP-50 that get's closer to bitfury's next gen chip spec's.

And I could be wrong I just assumed with merger they had some money.  I'm not saying like in past they got a fortune in bonuses paid to top tier that was released in merger.  They had a lot better future long ago.  If they are broke.... they stand no chance I was giving a little benefit of doubt that they must have some money or they would have closed down by now.   And how you sued them I assumed there is something there or you would have not taken time to do a lawsuit.

On promises I was guessing as we have not heard anyone say they pre-ordered and missed date.  Or that they even pre-ordered.   But it could be all under NDA so your right it is possible.
IanQuinn

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:20:17 PM

@dogie, Those where my thoughts exactly.  If BTCS keeps going they way they are, I see bankruptcy within 18 months.

And I could be wrong I just assumed with merger they had some money.  I'm not saying like in past they got a fortune in bonuses paid to top tier that was released in merger.  They had a lot better future long ago.  If they are broke.... they stand no chance I was giving a little benefit of doubt that they must have some money or they would have closed down by now.   And how you sued them I assumed there is something there or you would have not taken time to do a lawsuit.

On promises I was guessing as we have not heard anyone say they pre-ordered and missed date.  Or that they even pre-ordered.   But it could be all under NDA so your right it is possible.
Last I heard, is BTCS still had one more hurdle for the merger to be completed (could be wrong).  I was told directly from Spondoolies that they are not and have not taken pre-orders, which in my view point is a positive.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 11:43:01 PM

@dogie, Those where my thoughts exactly.  If BTCS keeps going they way they are, I see bankruptcy within 18 months.
They say in their own SEC filings that they need additional money not to go out of business in 6 months I think it was. They say that every filing, raise a few more pennies then burn that fresh money on 'administrative expenses', aka salaries for the only two employees..

And I could be wrong I just assumed with merger they had some money. 
See my post in the main Spondoolies thread that has their financials - terrible.

I was giving a little benefit of doubt that they must have some money or they would have closed down by now. 
*Should have. No revenue in over a year, no ability to generate revenue in the foreseeable future.

And how you sued them I assumed there is something there or you would have not taken time to do a lawsuit.
BTCS is not a named defendant yet.

Last I heard, is BTCS still had one more hurdle for the merger to be completed (could be wrong).  I was told directly from Spondoolies that they are not and have not taken pre-orders, which in my view point is a positive.
Yep, they need the Israeli Tax Authority to agree to defer payment for the taxes related to the merger.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:30:43 AM

That merger seemed like a bad idea as soon as I heard it was happening. I didn't know BTCS, but their website had absolutely nothing of substance and was littered with ten-dollar words for pretty simple concepts, which should have left anyone competent with a look of confusion about what they actually did and why it was worth paying for. I wonder at what point Spondoolies started regretting the decision.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 01:16:11 PM

...which should have left anyone competent with a look of confusion about what they actually did and why it was worth paying for. I wonder at what point Spondoolies started regretting the decision.

I don't know who keeps / kept giving them money initially, but that was likely the attraction for Spondoolies. The main BTCS guy spent his career in raising money in SEC regulated businesses so he knows exactly how this works, and he still seems adamant he can uplist BTCS to a major exchange. I guess Spondoolies thought he could help them raise significant money, which so far he's delivered two smaller portions for them.

Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 02:47:06 AM

Is BTCS still mining?

recitestores

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:01:37 AM

where I can buy portable mining rig for other algo?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 04:05:13 AM

If you're wanting to buy hardware, and asking about coins not BTC, this is the wrong board. Look in altcoins and marketplace.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: