Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: End Of Ether  (Read 1522 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:17:14 PM

ico generally = manipulated pump and dump scam coins. Not saying ether is one of those but it still is far more easily manipulated over a fairly launched pow coin.

don't think it will go back to $1 but $3 looks likely now.

manipulated pump and dump has happened more with btc and ltc then ether dude, ltc had so many scammy pumps. It doesnt matter ico or not, pumps happen. Ethereum tech is much more interesting than litecoin or even bitcoin. Nonetheless i always believe in bitcoin, but litecoin is just trying to piggy back on bitcoin. Its nothing interesting.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 12:22:06 PM

Don't know,  the volume indicates interest and the price isn't in the toilet yet.  Mr. V also only sold 25% of what he had, right?   He's still got quite a bit.

The price seem to depreciate since lat week. it could be possible that they're going to dump the rest of what they own. since he had sold partial of what he got, he may sell more to invest another coin maybe Waves  Grin maybe he would pump his coin again if he gain after. but it may never get attention this time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Techray

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:29:48 PM

Don't know,  the volume indicates interest and the price isn't in the toilet yet.  Mr. V also only sold 25% of what he had, right?   He's still got quite a bit.

The price seem to depreciate since lat week. it could be possible that they're going to dump the rest of what they own. since he had sold partial of what he got, he may sell more to invest another coin maybe Waves  Grin maybe he would pump his coin again if he gain after. but it may never get attention this time.

Does the developers of the Etheruem also own the waves?

I think they will keep some of the Etheruem coins they have owned.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:49:32 PM

I learned in the last Alts bubble not to try to catch the falling knife.
Sometimes in the real world it makes sense, like when oil costs $28 or Silver $13, but there is no floor to the price of ETH, it could be worthless soon.

I think I still have a few million Mooncoins and a few million Animecoins in some old wallets from the last bubble.  Maybe I can trade them all in for 1 DOGE now!
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 02:37:01 PM

I learned in the last Alts bubble not to try to catch the falling knife.
Sometimes in the real world it makes sense, like when oil costs $28 or Silver $13, but there is no floor to the price of ETH, it could be worthless soon.

I think I still have a few million Mooncoins and a few million Animecoins in some old wallets from the last bubble.  Maybe I can trade them all in for 1 DOGE now!

very well said my friend. i like how you put it.

things like altcoins are not like big commodities like oil, gold or silver. altcoins have a much smaller market and with much smaller investors and the worst part which everybody often forgets is that sometimes in these altcoin markets like ethereum there are a few people holding a huge part of the coin so they control the price and when they decide they want to get out (like eth now) there is nothing others can do and that coin will go down.

--looking for signature--
bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:50:34 PM

The writing is on the wall. Vitalk sold 25% of his coins because he does not believe in the project. His solutions are bandaids at best. Genius he is not.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:21:33 PM

He has more to gain by not dumping but like anyone he has operating costs and depts to pay just like anyone.  I think your jumping the gun on your estimations.  Ethereum in it's short term has been adopted and more diverse than any other coin, even... (Cough) Btc.  I'm not a fanboy by any means but we will see plenty of dumps and jumps in the coming months. 
You neglect to see the stake of some of these gh farms popping up.  They are effecting the rate with their operating costs as well.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:29:44 PM

It consistently boggles my mind that people on here don't realise this more often.

coinstatic

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:22:07 PM

And what about LISK?

Is it true the developer of ETH sold 25% of his coins to invest in LISK or is this part just a rumour?
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 08:20:30 PM

What a bullshit OP post

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:45:50 PM

Eth was ridiculously over-valued.  I think anyone in crypto for any moderate of time would see that anywhere around 0.03 btc for 1 eth is insanity.

Not that Eth is terrible or anything.

It's natural price fall is compounded by this latest bitcoin price boom. I agree that there is much more falling to come. I'd imagine it will settle around 0.006-8 or something. 

I've been mining it and selling it right away for many months now. Terribly incredibly overvalued.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:49:39 PM

I have been mining and selling as I mine too, converting it to bitcoin instantly. With the bitcoin rises that is something that helps because in the short term ETHs drops will be negated by bitcoins rise until and probably after the halving, leaving me with a profitable venture for a little while longer, with ROIed gear that can then be sold, many said I was late to the ETH train, but I ROIed, sounded like people were just trying to keep the difficulty low. I then have £1000 of hardware that I can then sell, maybe for the next generation scrypt miner or something or better yet, BUY bitcoin before the halving. Buying the coins actually out much more profitable than buying em.

Jacob
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:02:14 AM

Maybe it is time to reload on ETH:

Btw, I think a double-top for ETH at $15 is likely. Too much bad news has come out, sentiment is negative, and I had always said it would bounce at $7. There needs to be a GPU mineable alternative to Bitcoin, same as the role Litecoin provided. It doesn't matter that ETH has no adoption. It is purely a store-of-value arbitrage/speculation proposition.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:20:56 AM

Maybe it is time to reload on ETH:

Quote from: TPTB_need_war on Today at 04:40:00 AM
Btw, I think a double-top for ETH at $15 is likely. Too much bad news has come out, sentiment is negative, and I had always said it would bounce at $7. There needs to be a GPU mineable alternative to Bitcoin, same as the role Litecoin provided. It doesn't matter that ETH has no adoption. It is purely a store-of-value arbitrage/speculation proposition.

Has your account been hacked?  Or is it just speculation and you are still ardently against most (all?) alts?
I won't be buying more Eth at the moment, it might double top, but I'm sure it can do it without me.

Devs selling at a top is rarely a good sign.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:32:10 AM

Guy.. i said it before and i will say it again.

I catch falling knives.. i use the fucking handle.

TPB_needs_war and some others can do this too..
But it's because we are smart and in a separate league here guys.
He was talking about ETH in a scientific / analytical respect from his own view.
He can see what most of you can not.. ever.
He has demonstrated he is smart when others have posted pro ETH drivel he argued with previously.

All i have ever done is post common sense then point out how the users here are
either dumb or deceitful or both.. rarely is there guys like me or TPB_Needs_War that speak the real truth.

Everything i say i say like a broken record again and again and again and again here.. for years.

Some people have intelligence and skills trading..
Others have no choice but to rely on hopping on the next IP shit coin scam
then coming here and lying their ass off about it.

You CAN make money off of just about any legit coin but it takes skill & effort.
The stupid majority don't know how to do this.
How do i know ?
The majority's action speak LOUDLY.. i can *see* what they do vs what they come here and say.

Lastly i will wrap up my rant with this repeated point..
Everything i just said was common sense and everything i said before probably 100+ times here before.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: