Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile application (Andorid)  (Read 7356 times)
qed (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:05:42 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 12:31:03 AM by qed

UPDATE: Widget and ozco.in support added. More pools support is on the way.

Hello,

I'm a bitcoin user since few months and I was feeling the need to have something keeping me informed about exchange rates, difficulty update and my miners status without the need to go in front of my conputer and open several pages. I also like the idea of being notified without having to periodically check the situation for network problems, computer freeze, faulty hardware or other problems that can make me lose mining time.
So i made this application, I hope wou will find it usefull.
I have put a symbolic price of 0.99$ to keep the project active adding features and fixing bugs.

BitWid

This application gives you detailed informations about your miners status, bitcoin exchange rates and the bitcoin network. Knowing the extimated next difficulty value and the estimated time until the next difficulty change helps you making decision about possible hardware upgrades and bitcoin investments.
The ability to set a sound/vibration ALARM if one of your miners goes down may help to reduce annoying downtimes.
Supports over 20 currencies (e.g. MtGox USD) and shows the current bitcoin exchange value, trend and the exchange volume in the last 24h. All the bitcoin related information are also displayed in the selected currency.

Supported Pools:
* (Deepbit) deepbit.net
* (BTC Guild) btcguild.com
* (BTC Mine) btcmine.com
* (Slush) mining.bitcoin.cz
* (OzCoin) ozco.in

Feedback and suggestions are very welcome.
Write a comment on thsi post or contact me at qed.android@gmail.com

NOTE: BTC Guild API are responding too slow in some cases (over 6-7 seconds). The author of the pool needs to fix it.

Mobile App (Android)

Monitor miners, exchange rates and Bitcoin network stats.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucidize

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 01:49:03 PM

Hello, I nearly downloaded this app the other day as it looks just the job, but I changed my mind after the no alarm for slush pool. Is it never going to be possible to have an alarm for that? Thanks Smiley

qed (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:56:34 PM

Hello, I nearly downloaded this app the other day as it looks just the job, but I changed my mind after the no alarm for slush pool. Is it never going to be possible to have an alarm for that? Thanks Smiley

I would like to add it, but atm Slush API are not giving any information about miners status. I contacted him and he said he is going to implement it in the near future.

EDIT: Just checked again, it has been implemented and working right now to port it into the code.

Mobile App (Android)

qed (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 03:18:00 PM

Added Slush pool alarm support.

Mobile App (Android)

Lucidize

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 09:08:39 PM

Fantastic! I am going to download right away!

It works just as good as the windows gadget, has the same info (I guess thats how the API works).
How often does it check the hash speed? Because both of them are the same (gadget, i know thats not your software, and bitwid).

I like it very much this will come in very handy, and save me refreshing my account obsessively when I'm away from the computer.

One question, do I have to be active in the app for the alarm, or will it still sound if the app is not active?

Thanks, great to see these useful bitcoin apps starting to spring up!  Wink

darkpandora

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 09:16:07 PM

it does not support swepool right?

K U R D I  S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
qed (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:54:03 PM

It works just as good as the windows gadget, has the same info (I guess thats how the API works).
How often does it check the hash speed? Because both of them are the same (gadget, i know thats not your software, and bitwid).

I like it very much this will come in very handy, and save me refreshing my account obsessively when I'm away from the computer.

One question, do I have to be active in the app for the alarm, or will it still sound if the app is not active?

The application is fetching from the pool site a string (JSON API) containing your miners information. At the current state you can update the status, shown by the gui, by clicking on menu => refresh or it will do it automatically if you open the application and data are older than 10 mins. The shown hashspeed is a "guess" made by the pool and it will not perfectly match the one shown by your mining program.

About the alarm, you just need to have ran the application once after the "reboot" of your phone. It will check your miners status every 30 min using a low battery impact android call.

That pool do not supports API, so it will not be possible to include it in this application. If the pool operators will decide to implement it, i'll be happy to include swepool in this application.

Mobile App (Android)

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:01:24 PM

Is this going to support bitcoin.lc too?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
darkpandora

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:14:10 PM

The application is fetching from the pool site a string (JSON API) containing your miners information. At the current state you can update the status, shown by the gui, by clicking on menu => refresh or it will do it automatically if you open the application and data are older than 10 mins. The shown hashspeed is a "guess" made by the pool and it will not perfectly match the one shown by your mining program.

About the alarm, you just need to have ran the application once after the "reboot" of your phone. It will check your miners status every 30 min using a low battery impact android call.

That pool do not supports API, so it will not be possible to include it in this application. If the pool operators will decide to implement it, i'll be happy to include swepool in this application.

it does have API Smiley

K U R D I  S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
qed (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:42:57 PM

it does have API Smiley

You are right, i found it! :-) I am planning to add it.

About Bitcoins.lc, i was not able to find API related to miners stats. Asked on IRC and no answer.

Mobile App (Android)

Lucidize

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 12:17:34 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 12:46:58 AM by Lucidize

Cheers Qed - I have heard the alarm, this is great thank you once again  Wink

EDIT: The alarm works when a miner is offline, but I sometimes have freeze ups, and the alarm doesn't sound when hashes are on 0, but it does tell me it is on 0 (without an alarm, if you get what I mean). Would it be possible to add an option to set an alarm for 0M/h also?

qed (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 12:59:12 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 01:24:31 AM by qed

Cheers Qed - I have heard the alarm, this is great thank you once again  Wink

EDIT: The alarm works when a miner is offline, but I sometimes have freeze ups, and the alarm doesn't sound when hashes are on 0, but it does tell me it is on 0 (without an alarm, if you get what I mean). Would it be possible to add an option to set an alarm for 0M/h also?

Hashrate and miners down are values fetch form the pool. Sometimes the pool tells the miners is down but the reported has speed, since it's an average value, will not be 0. The "miner down" is configurable using the pool interface it's the reference parameter to determinate the status.

In the next version i have already set the miner speed to be displayed as 0 in that case, but it is just cosmetic.

Thanks for your feedback!

EDIT: I got what you mean with the "freeze", it's a cosmetic bug. The progres dialog it's not spinning but it is updating data as normal. Fixed in the next version.

Mobile App (Android)

brunoshady

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Dubs Get

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:14:31 AM

any chance by having an option for automatic update?

like, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, etc etc, when the app is open?

😆
qed (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:27:07 AM

any chance by having an option for automatic update?

like, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, etc etc, when the app is open?

Updating your data that fast will drain your application battery _extremely_ fast and most likely your IP will be blocked by the pool site due to excessive requests.

If you explain me your problem further I might find a workaround.

Mobile App (Android)

brunoshady

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Dubs Get

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:33:09 AM

no problem at all, just though it would be nice see your stats changing automatically...

😆
heavyb

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 09:00:17 PM

can you get this onto cydia for us iphone users?

spudhed

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:33:47 PM

the "miner status" app supports swepool and is free too
qed (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:46:53 PM

can you get this onto cydia for us iphone users?

Sadly Android and iPhone applications are very different and cannot be converted.

the "miner status" app supports swepool and is free too

The 2 applications are very different not only by graphical style, but also by the type of information displayed and the functions they have.
As you can read in the description, with this application you can see the Selected currency (not only mtgox) data, equivalent of your bitcoin mined in that currency as well as estimated difficulty increase and the estimated date for that increase. It is also possible to set an alarm if a miner is down. Thisngs that are not possible in the other app.

Mobile App (Android)

qed (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:38:13 PM

There is an Issue with BTCGuild. The API is returning values with a very long delay in some cases making the connection going in timeout. The author of the pool needs to fix it.

Mobile App (Android)

qed (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:42:01 AM

Released an update to fix an API change on BTCGuild.

Mobile App (Android)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: