Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Altcoin Concept - seeking Ideas and Coder (1BTC payout)  (Read 765 times)
liquidblock (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:50:30 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 07:25:28 PM by liquidblock

Hello,

I have an idea I want to explore for an Altcoin with intrinsic value. I am looking for a coder. Proof of work and proof of stake will be considered.

No premining required. I will pay 1BTC for the winning concept development idea. At the moment, my goal is to post the winning idea here for further suggestions. Alternatively, I can post all suggestions received here and the one voted as the best idea will receive the payout.

I had tried to reach out privately to some members here but thought it may be more productive to create a public post and attach an incentive to it.

Please send me a private message and I will provide you more information.

Thanks.
bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:12:27 PM

How about you give us the idea, and then we code it. Huh
liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:15:32 PM

That's not a bad idea. I just need to refine the concept with the guidance of a software developer using the industry language. As you can see from my profile, I am a newbie and as is evident from my post, I can't do a line of code.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:29:11 PM

Hello,

I have an idea I want to explore for an Altcoin with intrinsic value. I am looking for a coder. Proof of work and proof of stake will be considered.

No premining required. I will pay 1BTC for the winning concept development idea. At the moment, my goal is to post the winning idea here for further suggestions. Alternatively, I can post all suggestions received here and the one voted as the best idea will receive the payout.

I had tried to reach out privately to some members here but thought it may be more productive to create a public post and attach an incentive to it.

Thanks.

If serious, I would use an escrow to store the BTC that you are willing to payout so that you can show just how serious you are. Otherwise, you're probably going to get a lot of less-qualified "devs" who are going to pick at your ear with questions of what you're looking for and who probably don't have the capabilities of developing a program or a concept in the first place.

I'm anxious to watch this process, though, so will you be updating this thread with the progress of your altcoin? Will it be called LBC? Cheesy

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:38:18 PM

Escrow your prize money to make sure your participants are in safe hand.
Seems as an interesting contest but not sure, it belongs to this board.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:53:31 PM

What board is best suited for a post like mine? I thought this was for services which is what I am seeking. Kindly guide me right if I am missing something.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:12:32 PM

Although it is about altcoin development, but Op is paying in BTC for the coding job. So this post belong here, not in Altcoin Services Section.
This is the correct section IMO. I am interested how exactly can you add intrinsic value to a coin? It is even possible without backing it up with something first?
liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:26:07 PM

Let me know what escrow facility to use. If it's simple or if there is clear directions on how to use it, I will deposit the funds.

Regarding the question about how intrinsic value would be added, the coins would be tied directly to the values being created.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:40:49 PM

Let me know what escrow facility to use. If it's simple or if there is clear directions on how to use it, I will deposit the funds.

Regarding the question about how intrinsic value would be added, the coins would be tied directly to the values being created.

You seems so serious on that this thread is going to attract a lot of developers but have been to altcoin sections a lot and those coins listed there are quite the same one way or another the most important here is the market you are going to target you should do a feasibility on that market..

liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:04:58 PM

Honestly, the market I am targeting is not the Altcoin market because that would only complicate issues for the project. The problem most Altcoins have is that they have derived values while what I am aiming for would have inherent value. There are enough pseudo-Bitcoins  out there and I am not hoping to add to the list.

The Altcoin being conceptualized here would be fungible and not aimed at serving just one area like many Altcoins.

Also, this is a test run of a concept and the fact that I am willing to pay for it doesn't mean that I am desperate, it only means that I am confident.... Which means that I could also be wrong.
liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:17:49 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

If serious, I would use an escrow to store the BTC that you are willing to payout so that you can show just how serious you are. Otherwise, you're probably going to get a lot of less-qualified "devs" who are going to pick at your ear with questions of what you're looking for and who probably don't have the capabilities of developing a program or a concept in the first place.

I'm anxious to watch this process, though, so will you be updating this thread with the progress of your altcoin? Will it be called LBC? Cheesy

Which escrow facility would you suggest I use?
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:20:04 PM

But its good we see that you have enough fund to pay to winners before someone start sending you his ideas and list it here or you can escrow the fund. Paying 1 btc for concept only is really big amount.

liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:19:18 PM

I don't mind paying that. When the concept is well-defined the design and implementation is easy. If others are willing to join and sacrifice, then I will contribute even more. My fear is that many people want to reap before anything is sown.
Pythonideus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:26:32 PM

So...your idea is to get other people to give you ideas and work off that? Sounds like you have no idea what you're doing. I'll take your money though. PM me.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:59:15 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Which escrow facility would you suggest I use?

There are several users here that offer an escrow service. I've only ever been a part of a service that required an escrow where user SFR10 provided the service. If you search the forums, you'll find plenty of users who offer escrow service, and you'll their vouches, as well.

liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:07:11 AM

Is there an Escrow service provider that the moderators can vouch for? Otherwise can I use a listed Escrow service.
liquidblock (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:14:39 AM

So...your idea is to get other people to give you ideas and work off that? Sounds like you have no idea what you're doing. I'll take your money though. PM me.

If to formally state the specifications of a concept is to have an idea, then you're right. But I refuse to accept that an engineer that describes the process necessary to realize an object invented that object. If you have this "idea", why bother give it to me? But if I describe the method and parameters and you provide the industry standards for realizing it, how does that make it "your idea"?

This is very discouraging.
Pythonideus

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:58:43 AM

If to formally state the specifications of a concept is to have an idea, then you're right. But I refuse to accept that an engineer that describes the process necessary to realize an object invented that object. If you have this "idea", why bother give it to me? But if I describe the method and parameters and you provide the industry standards for realizing it, how does that make it "your idea"?

I'm not trying to be discouraging, just realistic. Your post has virtually no information, just "I have some thoughts for a coin and need someone to help me write the code". Most people who know how to make a coin would rather just launch it themselves. However, you're not being annoying or an asshole so I'll help. I PM'd you with my contact information so we can talk on Skype.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 05:19:59 AM

I'm not trying to be discouraging, just realistic. Your post has virtually no information, just "I have some thoughts for a coin and need someone to help me write the code". Most people who know how to make a coin would rather just launch it themselves. However, you're not being annoying or an asshole so I'll help. I PM'd you with my contact information so we can talk on Skype.

Pythonideus has a point, but you, liquidblock, have shown nothing but a cordial attitude regarding this matter. Generally speaking, however, if you don't have the knowledge to build and launch a coin, I would highly advise you to do your due diligence on whoever you get to develop the coin for you. Even once the coin launches, there will be shillers and fudders that can shape the direction of your coin, and you don't have even the slightest of technical basic knowledge regarding the technology behind your coin, the masses will detect that weakness and dump their (your) coins.

My recommendation is to piggy-back any admin of a coin that has been successful, and see how they continue to develop their technology behind their coin, as well as gage and study their replies (to both negative and positive responses) to the general pop.

Good luck mate, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Pythonideus

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:41:13 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 01:03:53 PM by Pythonideus

This guy may have attempted to send me a malicious file. Skype logs and files below.

Skype Logs
adxregistrator.log
CAUTION: Event Matrix.docx

tl;dr After talking for a while on Skype he said he wanted to send me a table of variables related to our discussion. When he went to send the file he accidentally sent something called adxregistrator.log. I looked this up and it seems to be the log file for something that puts macros in .docx files, not 100% sure this is accurate though so please correct me if I'm wrong. He said he sent the wrong thing and then sent me a .docx file. I couldn't get it to open in my VM so I'll let you guys decide if it's malicious or not.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: