Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price increase because of steam ?  (Read 3408 times)
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:12:05 PM

Price will increase strong because of steam. Halvening come soon to, so well hodl, and then sodl at higher prices.

The bitcoin price dropped from $460 to $430, is that also because of Steam? I think it is nothing to do with a single company.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:23:34 PM

Price will increase strong because of steam. Halvening come soon to, so well hodl, and then sodl at higher prices.

The bitcoin price dropped from $460 to $430, is that also because of Steam? I think it is nothing to do with a single company.

No, it just means old buyers are backing out of bitcoin a bit.

And probably riding the ETH hype that people are dabbling with cause they can see a form of profit.

If you havent noticed its getting face more then any altcoin has in the past - which I can understand since coinbase is adopting it as well.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:29:44 PM

I dont think steam has a large impact on the price by itself.

It is of course a factor, and it will probably help with the adoption of bitcoin as more people will use it and see the use for it.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:23:33 AM

It is of course a factor, and it will probably help with the adoption of bitcoin as more people will use it and see the use for it.

Merchant acceptance will not have a positive impact on the price as there is really no reason for it to do so. It doesn't add anything beside them accepting Bitcoin through services such as BitPay etc. That's why it doesn't and shouldn't have a positive impact on the price.
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:03:36 AM

Merchant acceptance will not have a positive impact on the price as there is really no reason for it to do so. It doesn't add anything beside them accepting Bitcoin through services such as BitPay etc. That's why it doesn't and shouldn't have a positive impact on the price.

It really doesnt effect because the only thing can do about it is it will make bitcoin user larger, and also it can open up the awareness to other business shops that bitcoin is existing and accepted by steam maybe it can affect and they accept it to but somehow as you can see the price now its terribly decreasing dont know why maybe theirs lot of people selling their coins  for their own good but really the main factor that bitcoin can go up to higher price is the more people buying, the bigger the demand the highee price will go up.

Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:23:18 AM

No real impact has come from the introduction of bitcoin on steam, sure it's a big platform for gamers, but the population of gamers is not a big impact on bitcoin adoption and surely many of them were already on cryptocoins as they are tech savy.
Now if Paypal, ebay or Amazon adopts bitcoin, that's a whole other story as the user base will expand greatly to affect the price of bitcoin.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:24:45 AM

Initially Steam users would be one of the factors why did the bitcoin's price has increased. It's really possible that BTC price will pump up because there's a lot of wealthy people playing Steam Games. Now that Steam is accepting bitcoins, some of them might prefer bitcoin because the transaction is fast.

Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:03:56 AM

Because of the fact that Steam allows you to use Bitcoins lets people spend mroe Bitcoins then usual. Because of this the value of the Bitcoin is going up and people are not holding on to there coins as much.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:17:45 AM

Because of the fact that Steam allows you to use Bitcoins lets people spend mroe Bitcoins then usual. Because of this the value of the Bitcoin is going up and people are not holding on to there coins as much.
That is a huge factor because Steam now allows you to use bitcoins to buy games. Some people now spend there coins on Steam instead of holding them for the future this way the value of the Bitcoin is going up.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:09:13 PM

I dont think so because you see also that the value is rising slowly so that is nice but the halving is also coming towards to us and that is perfect for the people.
But it is nice also of course that Bitcoin is now more acceptable on Steam so it can also earn more money.

rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:19:40 PM

I was watching this video : https://youtu.be/Nvz4o10fGFI then I went to check preev and I found the price 466$~ so is the recent price increase have something to do with Steam accepting Bitcoin "officially" ? or it's because of something else.

i also don't think that it directly affected bitcoin price, because there are not many people that use steam and bitcoins at the same time so it couldn't affect it directly

but maybe bitcoin is more popular now because people will see bitcoin name more so maybe they will look about it in internet and maybe will start to use them so it is good for bitcoin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:14:23 AM

The price has risen to $498 already. That is not the effect of Steam. I think SegWit will come out soon.
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 10:12:44 AM

I was watching this video : https://youtu.be/Nvz4o10fGFI then I went to check preev and I found the price 466$~ so is the recent price increase have something to do with Steam accepting Bitcoin "officially" ? or it's because of something else.

i also don't think that it directly affected bitcoin price, because there are not many people that use steam and bitcoins at the same time so it couldn't affect it directly

but maybe bitcoin is more popular now because people will see bitcoin name more so maybe they will look about it in internet and maybe will start to use them so it is good for bitcoin

I dont think it affect also because stacm acceptance is just newly happen and bitcoin by that time is continously rising i think the main reason why bitcoin price is rising up is due to people are starting buying and bagging some btc now because halving eventnis nearly coming and panic buying for today has great help to bitcoin to rise up slowly little by little and we can see more price rising up daily because many people are still buying more btc and waiting for this historical event nearly happen.

fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:08:40 PM

no i don't think that recent price rise was because of steam, actually i think that this price rise was because of people started to buy lots of bitcoins, probably they want to sell them after price rise

not many bitcoin users use steam so they can't have impact on bitcoin price, but more people know about halving, so they buy bitcoins now and they will try to sell them after halving

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
katafrag

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:29:01 PM

trump just got over hillary in polls. trump president will cause major disruption in politics and economy, bitcoin is a safehaven.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:48:57 PM

No I do not think the price increase is because of steam to be honest, I really do not know how the price increase has come these days.
I hope it will stay around the 500 dollar.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:52:25 PM

No I do not think the price increase is because of steam to be honest, I really do not know how the price increase has come these days.
I think because of incoming block halving and i think the price increase because of more investors from lisk and ethereum are converting there altcoin back to bitcoin..
Flademago

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Pesobit, Simple Yet Useful Coin

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:20:31 PM

I think because of incoming block halving and i think the price increase because of more investors from lisk and ethereum are converting there altcoin back to bitcoin..

I agree with the first argument about the block reward halving. The Etheruem price is also an all time high.

Saidmod

Activity: 659

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:47:21 AM

I agree with the first argument about the block reward halving. The Etheruem price is also an all time high.

Both bitcoin  and Ethereum are competing to see who has the highest rise, so far, bitcoin is winning the race.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:55:16 PM

Both bitcoin  and Ethereum are competing to see who has the highest rise, so far, bitcoin is winning the race.
Yes this is the time to hold both bitcoin and Ethereum and see both are rising.
This rise is off course not due to the steam adoption but due to the halving process on the way IMHO!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: