Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature campaigns and bitcoin price  (Read 3169 times)
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:42:47 AM

Based on recent events, yobit signature campaign to tighten the rules, and I think this is due to the growth of Bitcoin course.
And as you say, at a price of $ 10,000, I would not think any campaign, it is very costly. Or will pay a very small amount.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:18:02 AM

I am sure there will be price adjustments so it's good to try and be active and collect the maximum we can from our campaigns. I was very busy of late and had some personal family health issues to deal with but now I am active again so it's quite nice.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:44:30 AM

Of course there have to be adjustments at some point.
Otherwise campaign runners would have to pay a lot more for the same work they get in return. That makes no sense if you look at it the economic way.
The question is how to make those adjustments. They can either decrease the amount they pay per post or reduce the number of payed posts.
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:40:21 AM

When i was here before the rewards from the campaign are high unlike now.. and i think if the price of bitcoin goes up and up the rate of campaign will decrease and they are just relay in the value of bitcoin.. so for now better to collect your bitcoins in signature campaign to make  profit for the future..  because we see that the price is increasing day by day and i think more increase it will affect our campaign in services section... the rates will decrease when the value of bitcoin was increasing...
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:51:19 AM

It's happened before when the price rose, some campaigns adjusted their payout rates.  There was some chaos as one campaign that I can't remember the name of changed their rates mid period instead of waiting until the next period.  Although I think in most of the campaign now it will be stated that payment rates can change so there are no surprises.

At the end of the day they are all businesses and they need to make money as well as get exposure, the amount of bitcoin paid will be adjusted as the price rises and hopefully the same would be the case if the price dropped.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:01:10 AM

Rates will be adjusted for obvious reasons, but it also depends on how a service with a signature campaign is getting its income.

If it generates BTC income only, then they can keep offering high rates as they don't have to buy them.

But if they have to buy their coins with $$$ to pay out signature participants, then rates will be lower than a service gaining their revenue solely with Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:31:16 PM

I was wondering what will happen to bitcointalk forum's signature campaigns if bitcoin price reach very high say $10,000 per bitcoin? will campaign continue to run as current payouts which would be in thousands dollar per member or will all campaigns suddenly come to halt because nobody would want to spend their coins
No they will change the payrate even when price get up by 30%. This has happened also before so it will happen in future too. There are only few campaigns which have not changed their rate when even price get up by 50%. Depends upon campaign runner and manager and i also think its good idea for them to reduce pay per post rate according to market movement (only in big moves).

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:02:24 PM

I don't really care about price adjustment since the payment that we get always the same if converter to dollar after the adjustment

I just hope no company would go bankrupt with sudden price movement

Imagine if the price suddenly rise to $900 and then the signature company need to pay us with $460 rates
Imagine the money we would get and the loss on the other side Tongue

This has happened to Coinut, the price suddenly increased from $200-ish to $300-ish
I forgot the exact number but I was there, it took them a few weeks for a payout with many people scared that coinut would run away, good thing it didn't Smiley
Mist

Activity: 434

:)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:39:05 PM

10,000 will never happen, quote me now.

1000 is very much so in the realm of possibility, but once it hits that it will crash again like last time.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:02:26 PM

10,000 will never happen, quote me now.

1000 is very much so in the realm of possibility, but once it hits that it will crash again like last time.

Correct it's the way it goes with bitcoin. Big up, big down. Be it a month or a year the price always comes down, since there are some whales around.
But if the price went to let's say 1K. i am sure the sig. campaigns would lower their fees.

Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1314

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:49:25 PM

I was wondering what will happen to bitcointalk forum's signature campaigns if bitcoin price reach very high say $10,000 per bitcoin? will campaign continue to run as current payouts which would be in thousands dollar per member or will all campaigns suddenly come to halt because nobody would want to spend their coins

Bitcoin price will not affect signature campaign imo, the campaign will still continue with lower rate. Most campaign has max amount to spend on the campaign. So they just need to adjust the rate based on the bitcoin price.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:54:44 PM

I believe they will adjust the BTC payment per posts in comparison with dollar price. The important is the dollar, if each post gives 10.000 satoshi today ($0.046), when Bitcoin reaches to $920, I believe each post will gives 5.000 satoshi ($0.046), same amount anyway...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:10:20 AM

You are taking in consideration an event to take place not in the very near future and not in near future either, when price of Bitcoin reaches 10.000USD I just need to have 10 BTC sitting in my wallet to not care about what will happen with the payment of signature campaign. So am waiting for that day, but I know it will be not during until 2020 at least.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:04:10 AM

I think the rate will be lowered, but it will depend on the campaign owner, if lowering the rate just to continue with the campaign then that's fine, but if the owner don't get enough benefit from the campaign, then probably they will close it...

I was thinking, they might use alt coins to pay participants...  Smiley which I think would make a lot of vacant positions in the campaign, as we all know, only few is keen in collecting this alt coins..  Smiley
smho_16

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:11:37 AM

When that day comes I think the rates will be lowered, actually the campaign where I am in now if you fill all their requirements , is paying quite good monthly you can get as a full member almost 0.10 Bitcoins if the majority of the posts is in the gambling section. Till that day I love every single payment I receive in bitcoins, signature campaign or not.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:39:44 AM

usually if bitcoin prices rise up then the pay rates will decrease but if bitcoin goes to $10000 i'm so doubt any companies will run signature campaign because the costs will more expensive than advertise on forum so if bitcoin prices will reach very high i think signature campaign will not exist any longer in these forum
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:59:18 PM

I think it's either they will adjust and lower the pay out or they will halt the campaign...Lowering the payout would be fair to those who are involved in signature campaign But if the campaign found no good  in running their campaign, even when they are paying lesser fees to their participants, better to stop it for a while..

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:29:49 PM

the payment of signature campaigns are mostly determined from their competition, although the price of bitcoin affects it greatly but this means that they always look at other advertisers (their competitors) and then set their own prices. because if they have lower rate nobody will join them except the rejects.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:51:50 PM

of course the product will continue to be advertised dude of course with a different rate may be only 500 satoshi Per post or smaller?
PerPost rate of course depends also on the price of bitcoin the current high prices certainly many signature campaign to lower the rate PerPost of the
as happened some time ago
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:44:58 AM

First off, it should've been obvious (common sense, actually) that the rewards would go down. It doesn't have to be $10,000 for the campaigns to change their rewards per post. I'd say probably when the value nears $600, probably every signature campaign would change their rewards. And no. The campaigns wouldn't suddenly come to a halt because of that unless the site (or whatever they are promoting) received enough publicity.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: