Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Freshly minted bitcoins  (Read 594 times)
ltcgearscammed (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:58:18 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2020, 01:01:22 PM by ltcgearscammed

Blank
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kirch

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:23:21 AM

Grin

Fresh Coins ! How does that make any sense to pay 10% extra ?.are they  shiny or what ?
Tred

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:10:56 AM

Grin

Fresh Coins ! How does that make any sense to pay 10% extra ?.are they  shiny or what ?

LOL, extra shiny BTC

Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:49:55 AM

The coins come straight from Genesis Mining payouts.
Are these conbase transactions or does Genesis Mining receive the block reward to their own wallet, and then subsequently send the btc to your withdrawal address? If it is the later then the coins that you are selling are really not any different from any other coins that someone may have.
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:13:28 AM

How is it possible to value a Bitcoin more than another similar Bitcoin ? They all have been mined at somepoint, they are not like physical money where they can get dirty and suffer from time and exposure to natural elements.
I just don't get it.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:22:17 AM

How is it possible to value a Bitcoin more than another similar Bitcoin ? They all have been mined at somepoint, they are not like physical money where they can get dirty and suffer from time and exposure to natural elements.
I just don't get it.

Freshly mined coins have no history... If you, for example, peddle dope on a darknet market, you run the risk of selling your stuff to a law enforcement officer during a sting operation.
Now, the law knows that the coins on adress X were used in a dopedeal.
If you send those coins to this guy, he'll send coins that were recently mined to a different address of yours (adress Y). If done over Tor, there is no way law enforcement can ever trace the coins on address Y as belonging to a dope dealer, so the dealer might exchange those coins for cash, or buy goods or services with them without running the risk of being tagged.

Offcourse, there are mixing services that offer the same type of security, and they ask less fees (or you can use a whole range of other tricks to do the same "washing process", all cheaper than the 10% the OP is asking), but in this case you will receive coins that can be traced back to a different (possibly illegal) transaction. Since you have nothing to do with this other (possibly illegal) transaction, it shouldn't worry you. BTC are like cash, the money in your wallet might have been stolen during a bank robbery 10 years ago, maybe the police can trace small ammounts of cocain on them, but you'll never be punished because those coins changed hands thousands of times since they were stolen from a bank. Just make sure that if you stole them yourself, you don't get caught with them Wink

In the end, it doesn't matter... I'm not into illegal stuff, so i couldn't care less if somebody was able to track my coins to my IRL profile...
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:29:12 AM

I just don't get it.

Freshly mined coins have no history... If you, for example, peddle dope on a darknet market, you run the risk of selling your stuff to a law enforcement officer during a sting operation.
Now, the law knows that the coins on adress X were used in a dopedeal.
If you send those coins to this guy, he'll send coins that were recently mined to a different address of yours (adress Y). If done over Tor, there is no way law enforcement can ever trace the coins on address Y as belonging to a dope dealer, so the dealer might exchange those coins for cash, or buy goods or services with them without running the risk of being tagged.

Offcourse, there are mixing services that offer the same type of security, and they ask less fees (or you can use a whole range of other tricks to do the same "washing process", all cheaper than the 10% the OP is asking), but in this case you will receive coins that can be traced back to a different (possibly illegal) transaction. Since you have nothing to do with this other (possibly illegal) transaction, it shouldn't worry you. BTC are like cash, the money in your wallet might have been stolen during a bank robbery 10 years ago, maybe the police can trace small ammounts of cocain on them, but you'll never be punished because those coins changed hands thousands of times since they were stolen from a bank. Just make sure that if you stole them yourself, you don't get caught with them Wink

In the end, it doesn't matter... I'm not into illegal stuff, so i couldn't care less if somebody was able to track my coins to my IRL profile...

I see your point, as I am too not into illegal stuff so this kind of logic is not so obvious to me.
And who says that this guy is not an agent trying to catch some crooks by offering to selli them these newly mined coins ??!!
heatplay

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:35:25 AM

Not sure why anyone would pay an extra 10% when they could just mix their coins for a 1-2% fee on a more TRUSTED website/service. Not trashing, just saying. Also, it's not 10x better than tumbling because any old fool can go on Genesis mining and get some "fresh" coins themself lol
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:53:08 AM

I see your point, as I am too not into illegal stuff so this kind of logic is not so obvious to me.
And who says that this guy is not an agent trying to catch some crooks by offering to selli them these newly mined coins ??!!
^^ this is actually true... In case of a bitcoin mixing service, it's only the service that can connect account X and account Y... In this case, it would be the OP. In case of a mixing service, it would be bitmixer, cryptomixer,... . In case of using an altcoin it would be the exchange, in case of a gambling site it would be said site.
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:36:29 PM

Not sure why anyone would pay an extra 10% when they could just mix their coins for a 1-2% fee on a more TRUSTED website/service. Not trashing, just saying. Also, it's not 10x better than tumbling because any old fool can go on Genesis mining and get some "fresh" coins themself lol
Reading is your friend. If you wanted to get fresh coins from Genesis miner you would have to buy a miner, which is a awful idea, I know from experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: