Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFog - mixer on Tor: any feedback?  (Read 1568 times)
SomeWhere (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 09:38:58 PM

Hey.

I have just googled bitfog, but I really can't seem to find any kind of comments on the service? It seems to only be reachable over the Tor network and also offers wallets.

I didn't try it yet, so I have no idea about the fees, but I would guess it's cheaper than the blockchain.info service with 1.5% fee.

I don't know how long it has been around, but I guess new services are always prone to be a scam and at the same time suffer from bad reputation/mistrust in case of legit operation.

So if anyone knows anything, let me know, I might test it.

Regards,
Me.
kilatis12

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 02:19:33 AM

hey men i will inform you when my withdrawal is arrived !! but i think its scam .... but i will wait 24 hours
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 04:24:39 AM

Never heard of it. Instead of trying unknown services, which might end up scamming you, why not try bitmixer.io? It is old and trusted bitcoin mixer and it also has a tor/onion extension, just visit the link and you'll find the tor link at the bottom. Their minimum fee is 0.5%.

BUT the most important thing is Letter_of_Guarantee, before you send anything to be mixed, make sure to download the letter, verify the addresses mentioned in it, the date and everything else and then VERIFY the letter itself.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:28:51 AM

if you want to use a bitcoin mixer then use a reputable service like bitmixer that has always been around. and also don't worry about the fees, even if they are high in cases like this you are safer to pay the high fee and receive the coins than choosing a low fee service and never see your coins again.

p.s. they have a tor link also.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:30:29 AM

Neer heard of it. And Since it is not a known mixing service I suggest you not to use it unless someone can give a nice and legit feedback about it. If you want a mixing service in tor try out cryptomixer. Check out my signature. They have a tor mirror so if you prefer to use tor you can try it.
Edit: Here is their onion link: http://cryptomixns23scr.onion/
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:51:42 AM

SomeWhere

I have used bitmixer.io many times, never a serious problem (a minor one that was mostly my fault was resolved 100%).  I wear their Signature because they treat me right.  But, I have only used their clearnet service.  They do have a TOR service that apparently works well, you can find that information at bitmixer.io's website.

Be careful of scammers claiming to be their TOR service.

Follow their instructions carefully if you go with bitmixer, especially the Letter of Guarantee, it's not that hard.

I (and likely many others) would be very interested to hear of anyone's experiences with cryptomixer's clearnet service and especially their TOR service.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:54:20 AM

TOR is a heaven for scammers, there are a lot of website scamming, the one who have scammed most is the website claiming to sell you 100 paypal or 100 ebay accounts for a ridiculous price in bitcoin. I know Apple Iphone selling is another one. I would be very careful when trying to do something else in TOR rather than trying to be up to date with bitcoin and its marketplaces there. Triple check for your own safety, but my personal opinion is that this website is a scam like many others.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:59:39 AM

That's something new for me. I've heard first time about bitfog here.. what is the exist link of the bitfog?
I did a google with keyword of "bitfog" but I din't find any mixer sites. there is a site of bitfog.com but its not a mixer I guess.. If there is any service like this you better  avoid it. use popular mixing sites like bitmixer and crypotmixer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: