Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this alright?  (Read 355 times)
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:51:45 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 10:53:21 AM by Decoded

I've noticed that alot of people really want to sell bitcointalk accounts, but aren't going anywhere with their sales.

I'm looking to provide a service that I don't think xanthone is currently providing, or anyone has provided before. I'm thinking of something like an account broker.

Idk if I'll get flamed or even negged for proposing this.

Basic Idea: You give me the details of an account that you can't be bothered to or can't sell, give me your price that you want to sell for, and I will respond with my opinion of whether your figures are realistic. After which you will give me control of the account, with the email being controlled by a trusted third person if needed.

I will proceed to pushing your account out on a sales thread, and I will try my best to sell your account within 2 weeks. After that, if I haven't sold it, I will return the account.

I will charge a 0.01 fee if it's a successful sale, but a 0.005 if it isn't.

Is this a valid idea, or is it flawed?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:58:27 AM

How exactly will you help sell someone their account as a broker if you already said to yourself that selling of accounts in here nowadays can't go anywhere? Honestly speaking, I don't think this is a good idea and also I don't see why other people will ask someone elses that they don't eve know to sell something for them. If someone wants to get their account sold, they just have to be realistic with the price, they should know it already why their accounts are not being sold so twy should be able to think or theirselves, there is no nee for a thirdparty like a broker to help them sell something.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:04:17 AM

This is not going to work as nobody will trust you with his account and if you are really confident you can sell those accounts,why not buy them yourself.You can negotiate seller to sell you for less than 0.005 btc.You can than sell it

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 11:11:41 AM

Not a bad idea, it's suitable for those who don't have time to sell their account, or hard to sell it. But the question is, how do people believe in your ability for selling account? You said that you will get 0.005 fee if the account can't be sold. So, it means that if some customer come and ask you to sell his account, and you accept it, but after that you don't sell it actively or even don't do anything, then technically you still get fee right?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

I've noticed that alot of people really want to sell bitcointalk accounts, but aren't going anywhere with their sales.

Good accounts are sold either way.If the sell is not going well,its due to inadequate info or the account is overly priced.

I'm looking to provide a service that I don't think xanthone is currently providing, or anyone has provided before. I'm thinking of something like an account broker.
Believe me ,there isn't much for you in the program.Moreover,if the account being sold had any loan defaults or scam history or say scams after the account being sold,you will be the first point of contact.You might be tagged as "Selling Scam Accounts".

Basic Idea: You give me the details of an account that you can't be bothered to or can't sell, give me your price that you want to sell for, and I will respond with my opinion of whether your figures are realistic. After which you will give me control of the account, with the email being controlled by a trusted third person if needed.

If you're thinking you will put your commission over the prices quoted by the sellers,you aren't getting anywhere as obviously seller will want a price which will be above average,example 0.15 for a senior member account.

I will charge a 0.01 fee if it's a successful sale, but a 0.005 if it isn't

A bad broker.You want fee for not completing the trade successfully ?That's a rip off.What security you will provide with the accounts anyway ? Not selling to scammers ? Making sure if I buy the account from you ,the account will have 100% positive background and no matter what,it will never be tagged or claimed in the future.If it happens,will you refund the entire amount to the buyer ?

To sum it up,if the account is being sold at reasonable price with good stats,it will be sold anyway.Only account with flaws will have trouble getting sold.I do not support the idea.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 11:29:50 AM

I will proceed to pushing your account out on a sales thread, and I will try my best to sell your account within 2 weeks. After that, if I haven't sold it, I will return the account.

The flaw I see is that there are two kinds of people that want to sell their account.

#1 those that want it gone quick
#2 those that have time

#1 will not use your service, because it takes too long. They will instead contact resellers that give them a bad below optimal price. The reseller also takes the risk that the account is impossible to sell.
#2 will not use your service, because they have the time to do it themselves. You might get a few of these group because they are also lazy though. Overall I dont think you will have many customers.

You also make a deal more complex and not easier. Image that not only there is an escrow involved for the mail address and your funds, but also an escrow for deal itself. Now you have 5 people for a single account trade.

IMHO you will have more success by offering resale of accounts. Make sure you properly check what you buy and keep an eye on the market prices and it might be the 0.01 BTC profit per deal you are looking for, possibly more on high value accounts.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:34:26 AM

The flaw I see is that there are two kinds of people that want to sell their account.

#1 those that want it gone quick
#2 those that have time

#1 will not use your service, because it takes too long. They will instead contact resellers that give them a bad below optimal price. The reseller also takes the risk that the account is impossible to sell.
#2 will not use your service, because they have the time to do it themselves. You might get a few of these group because they are also lazy though. Overall I dont think you will have many customers.

You also make a deal more complex and not easier. Image that not only there is an escrow involved for the mail address and your funds, but also an escrow for deal itself. Now you have 5 people for a single account trade.

IMHO you will have more success by offering resale of accounts. Make sure you properly check what you buy and keep an eye on the market prices and it might be the 0.01 BTC profit per deal you are looking for, possibly more on high value accounts.

Thanks shorena and everyone else who posted here. I understand your points and concerns, i'm not going to continue with the idea. I might buy accounts on the auctions section and resell them though Smiley

Locking this thread now.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: