Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be the price?  (Read 1382 times)
elobizph (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:39:06 AM

Bitcoin is use by at least 5% of the world as a payment method

I am thinking of if bitcoin used by the whole world 100% as a payment system what would be the price of bitcoin?
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:45:50 AM

It will stable, but the price will drop.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 09:58:28 AM

Nonsense. It is used by less than 1% (< ~71 Million). In addition to that, there is no accurate way of measuring the usage of Bitcoin either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btcltccoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:03:56 AM

I am thinking of if bitcoin used by the whole world 100% as a payment system what would be the price of bitcoin?

How can you measuring that 5% people of the world that using the bitcoin, i don't think that it can measure, but if you are giving an example than the method payment will be depending on supply and demand. 
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:10:17 AM

payment will drop. if bitcoin being used for 100% world which is likely impossible. how 100% can use bitcoin, even 100% can't have access to computer and internet?
it will take 100 years for sure.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 10:13:34 AM

payment will drop. if bitcoin being used for 100% world which is likely impossible. how 100% can use bitcoin, even 100% can't have access to computer and internet?

In 100 years the encryption they use (and whatever encryption they try to move to) will have been cracked, and the concept of peer to peer currency will be obsolete, replaced by something instant and superior (no more waiting 10 mins for a transaction).  If the human race is still around, we will be more machine than man, and bitcoin will be a long lost memory.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:23:16 AM

In 100 years the encryption they use (and whatever encryption they try to move to) will have been cracked, and the concept of peer to peer currency will be obsolete, replaced by something instant and superior (no more waiting 10 mins for a transaction).  If the human race is still around, we will be more machine than man, and bitcoin will be a long lost memory.

dam vod way to bring me down lol

I kind of agree and now kinda sad about it  Grin

quintiilieo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:45:58 AM

If that happen the price goes up because the bitcoin supply is not enough to the demand world wide. But the price will be stable at high price and the crypto currency will be a currency king after that

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:03:07 PM

There is no any actual data available to suggest actually 5% of world population is using bitcoin as payment method. And if that will become in few years, i think price will be around 1k$ and lots of shop starting to accept bitcoin even some small shop will try to accept bitcoin.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:10:04 PM

I imagine that 5% would mean a huge jump in bitcoin adoption and therefore, the price will have increased due to increased demand/use. Somewhere in the few thousand dollar range at least. Just a guestimate.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 12:14:25 PM

I imagine that 5% would mean a huge jump in bitcoin adoption and therefore, the price will have increased due to increased demand/use. Somewhere in the few thousand dollar range at least. Just a guestimate.
That is not what the OP is talking about.

There is no any actual data available to suggest actually 5% of world population is using bitcoin as payment method.
There is no way of measuring how many people are actually using Bitcoin, so this whole thread is wrong (just baseless assumptions and speculation).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

Not just the percentage of people using it but the kind of market or how much money it has to be transacted with bitcoin.

Check out this article from Rick Valkvinge, it's prophetic:

http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/06/the-target-value-for-bitcoin-is-not-some-50-or-100-it-is-100000-to-1000000/

sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:16:19 PM

bitcoin will have a stable price. because if everyone was using bitcoin will appear many financial institutions that will guarantee bitcoin. the government will provide a guarantee. I think bitcoin prices will be higher than 2000USD. it is used as a prediction when bitcoin payment media global financial transactions.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:54:17 PM

it's hard to believe that soemthing can replace the blockchain as a technology, at best i cna see something which is an evolution an dno more than that, it's like saying that the information itself will be replaced, and not the way the information is spread across the world...
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:58:35 PM

If I look at the total overall Bitcoin owned, then the price will be in the range of Bitcoin $ 1000-5000. Since the amount is far less than the Bitcoin population in the world. I hope the Bitcoin will quickly famous all over the world and give a positive impact to Bitcoin us who have long fought to introduce Bitcoin.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:32:59 PM

Here is one way of estimating the value: Assume 100% adoption means that all the money in the world is replaced by bitcoins. The base money supply is about $14 trillion. If that were replaced by the 15 million bitcoins in circulation, each bitcoin would be worth about $900,000. Take that number with a grain of salt. There are other significant factors.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:46:41 PM

its really happen that
i never see about the official stats,can you give me the stats or any data that bitcoin use have touched 5%,i still can't believe it.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 03:48:55 PM

Here is one way of estimating the value: Assume 100% adoption means that all the money in the world is replaced by bitcoins. The base money supply is about $14 trillion. If that were replaced by the 15 million bitcoins in circulation, each bitcoin would be worth about $900,000. Take that number with a grain of salt. There are other significant factors.
That's a very unusual way of trying to calculate the price for each Bitcoin. I don't think that it is possible to predict the price, as it will most likely end up being wrong by a huge factor (even if it did reach 100% adoption).

If I look at the total overall Bitcoin owned, then the price will be in the range of Bitcoin $ 1000-5000.
This calculation does not makes sense.

bitcoin will have a stable price.
I concur. I think that stability of the price will be a positive factor in the long run.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:03:49 PM

The question should be how stable would the price per bitcoin be if mass usage happens in the future? Also, realistically speaking, you cannot calculate or even come close to what the price would be once everyone jumped into the bitcoin train. It's a crazy roller coaster that even in its stagnant state, there are still price swings occurring.
The Arcitect

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:17:14 PM

That 5% of the world's population is currently using bitcoin is non realistic due to the fact that one person can send from multiple wallets and would be seen as one, two or even a hundred people as the world's population in those transactions. There is no exact number to be stated in this falsified statistic.

«««▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Yo coin ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬»»»
P2P Digital Currency ◘    ◘ Maximize your YOLIFE design your own future ◘
Come join our great community on SLACK
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: