Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MYCELIUM CROWDSALE BITCOIN WALLET DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 9290 times)
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 08:19:12 AM

we seem to be largely in agreement that this is not a fair proposition being put to the investor community by the issuer, who wants our money but is offering very little in return.

perhaps someone from Mycelium would like to respond?

I'm also out here, but Mycelium will be flooded with Bitcoin anyway. Every ICO is getting overbought right now, I guess they will rise 1000 of Bitcoins for the 5 percent. That's crazy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:00:44 AM

Wherever i look these days, i see ICOs and IPOs.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:15:00 AM

we seem to be largely in agreement that this is not a fair proposition being put to the investor community by the issuer, who wants our money but is offering very little in return.

perhaps someone from Mycelium would like to respond?

I'm also out here, but Mycelium will be flooded with Bitcoin anyway. Every ICO is getting overbought right now, I guess they will rise 1000 of Bitcoins for the 5 percent. That's crazy.

That's maybe what they are betting on. If lots people are willing to throw a small amount of funds their way, all the better to them. By creating an "artificial" value of their company they could go seeking future investments elsewhere backed by this crowdsale.
Parano

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:57:38 PM

Wherever i look these days, i see ICOs and IPOs.

There are good and bad ICO, thats why we need to research and see who the dev are

Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:08:48 PM

Horrible grammar on the website.. the FAQs essentially say, Give us your money and dont expect value in return for your shit tokens you just bought... I was never in, continuing to stay out of this....

Beware people, real start-ups with the tech they are claiming to have would already have VC salivating all over it.... There is no reason to do an ICO for something like this, use the capitalist money hungry VC's - say blockchain in the pitch and you will get your money.

Please stop attempting to scamming this community. It hurts over-all adoption of this tech.

Sorry, not sorry  Cool
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 08:20:11 PM

Has anyone found any revenue records for Mycelium yet, I'm searching for them now.

ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:06:50 PM

Here is the thread I posted on reddit where the developer is answering questions! Jump in guys!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4goqn9/mycelium_crowdsale/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4gkxox/mycelium_new_wallet_announcement/d2iqcim

ktmracing03

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:16:00 PM

im not impressed with mycelium ico.....did you read through it all the ICO is only 5% of company ownership which means that if they raise 5000 BTC and you invest 1 btc you will have a .0002% stake in the company

1 BTC invested / 5000 BTC raised = .0002 % stake

of course its all dependent upon amount raised but id imagine given the current popularity of ICOs they will raise a good amount.

....ill pass on this unless I am missing something here.
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:17:27 PM

im not impressed with mycelium ico.....did you read through it all the ICO is only 5% of company ownership which means that if they raise 5000 BTC and you invest 1 btc you will have a .0002% stake in the company

1 BTC invested / 5000 BTC raised = .0002 % stake

of course its all dependent upon amount raised but id imagine given the current popularity of ICOs they will raise a good amount.

....ill pass on this unless I am missing something here.

I'm trying to still understand what projected profits are? Are they making profit?

Figuring out how much potential income we will have is pretty difficult. I can't even begin to guess. The wallet will be entirely open source. We will have servers hosting plugins, as a sort of an app store. Users can download plugins and either pay for them directly (such as the current Ledger TEE), or pay a percent when using the service (such as current Locks and Cashila which charge a small fee per transaction). We will charge these businesses a percent of the money they charge for sales and services. Having an exchange that allows people to day trade right from within our wallet, with the exchange differentiating itself on higher volume, better service, and better designed plugins with more features, could provide massive revenues even if we charge a tiny fraction of a percent, just on volume alone. Future revenue will depend on how many services sign up with us, and how well those businesses perform, as well as other Mycelium products we will be selling through out wallet directly. While the wallet is open source, access to our market will be restricted. So, for instance, an exchange is free to make their own version of the wallet, but it won't be able to get access to all the other plugins on the marker. We will basically be like an Appstore, building on network effects.

Hope that helps.

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:38:37 PM

They are offering a 10% bonus for signing up early, but I'm really not seeing enough compelling information that this will be profitable.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:42:06 PM

ya i dont see where there making money either
nothing for us community investors to sink our teeth in ;\
then again atleast their not offering to buy everyones soul in a sig campaign to scam the community like waves so thats nice....
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:30:33 AM

then again atleast their not offering to buy everyones soul in a sig campaign to scam the community like waves so thats nice....

...and yet the Waves logo appears on one side of Mycelium's black cube graphic on its crowd sale page. how did that come about i wonder?  
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 07:56:57 AM

...and yet the Waves logo appears on one side of Mycelium's black cube graphic on its crowd sale page. how did that come about i wonder?  

The owner of mycelium is one of the Escrow for waves.

bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:04:40 AM

acting as escrow for the Waves ICO and at the same time cross promoting the ICO through his own ICO?
isn't that a conflict of interest?
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 08:08:32 AM

acting as escrow for the Waves ICO and at the same time cross promoting the ICO through his own ICO?
isn't that a conflict of interest?

Not really sure I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, they are two different platforms Waves is a crypto currency this is a Bitcoin wallet it says they will be supporting multiple cryptos in the future so Ethereum and Waves might be added. Here is a message I got from the team.

Me:

What revenues do you guys have for the wallet? So far I have not seen any revenue documentation?

Rassah:

Private company privately funded by our millionaire CEO. No reason to publish anything. Our revenues have been a few thousand from Locks, Cashila, LocalTrader, and Trezor. So we know we can get revenues. The investment is in us taking that to the next level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4goqn9/mycelium_crowdsale/d2l7l4c

Cayuga

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:31:08 AM

So your are not associated in any way? They are not paying you to get it listed on your website?

OT: why should I invest in a wallet? This should be set up as a bounty project. I see a lot of red flags, for example it is a project, no refunding. No I'll pass on this one.
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 08:32:21 AM

So your are not associated in any way? They are not paying you to get it listed on your website?

OT: why should I invest in a wallet? This should be set up as a bounty project. I see a lot of red flags, for example it is a project, no refunding. No I'll pass on this one.

No I'm not associated with this project in anyway, I just like discussing new ICO's and projects and giving people the opportunity to look at them and assess them. I am quite skeptical too, but it's interesting that this is coming from a Bitcoin wallet company.

maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:35:09 AM

It's a money grab attempt, stay away from this.
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:36:02 AM

No I'm not associated with this project in anyway, I just like discussing new ICO's and projects and giving people the opportunity to look at them and assess them. I am quite skeptical too, but it's interesting that this is coming from a Bitcoin wallet company.

The original developer is not part of the team, this is a new team.
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 08:38:51 AM

The original developer is not part of the team, this is a new team.

Can you explain some details about this please? Maybe some timelines?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: