Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:08:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in taking some action?  (Read 962 times)
nuevo (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:50:06 PM

I'm looking to place a wager, in BTC that I can lose 75 pounds in one year, anyone interested in the action?

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 02:16:08 PM

I'm looking to place a wager, in BTC that I can lose 75 pounds in one year, anyone interested in the action?

Wow what an offer why one year some folks can do that in a span of six months,I saw one tv show I remember the name "the big loser" where participants are fighting for the prize for losing the most number of pounds and some lost that number within 3 to 5 months so why will you take it a year..

nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:23:19 PM

You make a great point, I'm willing to hear all offers and odds.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:11:12 PM

Why do we have to on whether or not you can lose 75 pounds in one year? I mean, that's a very long time and just with proper discipline, diet and exercise, I believe you can lose that much in around 3 months.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:22:24 PM

this is a very interesting proposal but how can we verify that? and to be safe, it is possible that someone hold the bet until one year later and give the bet to the winner?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

OMG, when I first read this I thought you meant £75 British pounds. I was like "hell, I could lose that is a day".

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:50:37 PM

this is a very interesting proposal but how can we verify that? and to be safe, it is possible that someone hold the bet until one year later and give the bet to the winner?

I would only do the bet with an escrow that everyone trusts and for verification purposes we might want to find someone everyone trusts as well. I'm not opposed to skype calls, weigh ins, and things that are easy to verify.

nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:51:45 PM

Why do we have to on whether or not you can lose 75 pounds in one year? I mean, that's a very long time and just with proper discipline, diet and exercise, I believe you can lose that much in around 3 months.

If you have odds in mind and an amount you'd like to wager I would like to hear it.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

The problem I see (other than the fact that people are not too likely to take this offer) would be the question of: how can we know that the weight loss is real.

You could have hypothetically taken a picture 6 months ago and have lost 75 pounds until now. You could then just show the pictures and boom, win.

Secondly, super long term bets of like a year are again, unlikely to be taken. One party is likely to leave before the time span.

If you really want to incentivise yourself to lose weight, try stickk.com. If you don't lose the weight within the timespan, your money will automatically be donated to charity. You'd be betting against yourself, and still get the motivational benefits of having your money on the line.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:57:52 PM

The problem I see (other than the fact that people are not too likely to take this offer) would be the question of: how can we know that the weight loss is real.

You could have hypothetically taken a picture 6 months ago and have lost 75 pounds until now. You could then just show the pictures and boom, win.

Secondly, super long term bets of like a year are again, unlikely to be taken. One party is likely to leave before the time span.

If you really want to incentivise yourself to lose weight, try stickk.com. If you don't lose the weight within the timespan, your money will automatically be donated to charity. You'd be betting against yourself, and still get the motivational benefits of having your money on the line.

I guess your right about the picture. I would be willing to entertain reasonable requests, skype calls monthly weigh ins and what not. I'm not married to a time frame, I just like gambling.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:39:37 PM

That's an interesting idea. One year seems to much, but that really varies from people to people, and crazy training is bad for your health, so I like your goal, although I think you will do it sooner if you train well.

Also what is your plan? Seek professional help from a coach and maybe a nutritionist, or you are going to do it on your own. Also, regarding the wager, what is your plan to? How do you intend to mark your progress etc. A video?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:25:19 PM

That's an interesting idea. One year seems to much, but that really varies from people to people, and crazy training is bad for your health, so I like your goal, although I think you will do it sooner if you train well.

Also what is your plan? Seek professional help from a coach and maybe a nutritionist, or you are going to do it on your own. Also, regarding the wager, what is your plan to? How do you intend to mark your progress etc. A video?

As far as a plan, I'm going to go it on my own. As far as progress I wouldn't mind doing a video check in Smiley I wasn't sure what time frame people would be willing to wager about but I'm open to different time frames.

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:51:49 PM

I hate sitting on tickets (futures) that last for months and
months

But OP congrats on putting your money up to get your body in shape
and get healthy

Hope you make your goals!!!

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:00:08 AM

Wait wait, what exactly is your current weight, and your lifestyle living? You gotta give us more info so we can see if this is actually legit.
Also I agreed that one year is too loong. I lost  about 10-15 pounds for not even a month, 3 weeks maybe. It just depends on your determination to loose those extra.Wink

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:06:07 AM

OMG, when I first read this I thought you meant £75 British pounds. I was like "hell, I could lose that is a day".

Haha, since this thread is in gambling section I thought about the same, like wtf? A normal guy can lose this in seconds.
75 pound is 34.0194 kg, so it's not impossible to lose that weight if you are over 120 kg. What would be the odds? I don't think anybody look this long term bets positive.
nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:32:26 AM

I hate sitting on tickets (futures) that last for months and
months

But OP congrats on putting your money up to get your body in shape
and get healthy

Hope you make your goals!!!

Thank you friend!

nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:33:46 AM

Wait wait, what exactly is your current weight, and your lifestyle living? You gotta give us more info so we can see if this is actually legit.
Also I agreed that one year is too loong. I lost  about 10-15 pounds for not even a month, 3 weeks maybe. It just depends on your determination to loose those extra.Wink

current weight 251, lifestyle... Um I eat a lot and I am physically active I run 5 days a week. I don't know what else to tell you but I'm willing to answer anything for the sake of transparency.

nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:36:42 AM

Haha, since this thread is in gambling section I thought about the same, like wtf? A normal guy can lose this in seconds.
75 pound is 34.0194 kg, so it's not impossible to lose that weight if you are over 120 kg. What would be the odds? I don't think anybody look this long term bets positive.

I'm not sure what someone else would be comfortable with... I do gamble so I wouldn't mind a healthy wager.

Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:39:42 AM

This is new to me, I love what your doing, is it just a way to convince or to discipline your self to lose weight? May I suggest that you bet with you close friends or relatives as I cannot guarantee that anyone here will accept your challenge staking their BTC.
nuevo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:41:02 AM

This is new to me, I love what your doing, is it just a way to convince or to discipline your self to lose weight? May I suggest that you bet with you close friends or relatives as I cannot guarantee that anyone here will accept your challenge staking their BTC.

Thank you! I'm trying to combine my weight loss with something I love gambling Smiley Your right, I'm not sure anyone will take my action but it's out there if anyone wants to gamble.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: