Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:14:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OPENDIME v3 – Now *Genuine Verified* Bitcoin Credit Stick (in stock!)  (Read 16467 times)
nvK (OP)

Activity: 381
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 02:11:35 PM

That's really nice ! But does the computer that will receive the USB stick will need to be connected to the internet in order to receive the money ?

In that respect it's similar to a paper wallet, it doesn't have to be online to get that private key. But like any other wallet, once you want to make a transaction, you need to broadcast online.

The privacy advantage here is to be able to give this to another person, and another person and so one without having to go online to sweep the key

It's the bitcoin incentive that makes the "blockchain" technology work, stupid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:57:10 PM

It is quite sad that you still do not even accept bitcoin for purchases. I wanted to get in on the first batch but you did not support bitcoins then and still dont now.
nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:32:01 PM

It is quite sad that you still do not even accept bitcoin for purchases. I wanted to get in on the first batch but you did not support bitcoins then and still dont now.

We are swamped, haven't had a chance to build a combo shopping cart yet. Soon...

TheWallStreetCrew

Activity: 111
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:43:08 AM

Price is kind of high but good idea.

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG
nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:18:30 PM

It's the cheapest hardware wallet out there and can be used multiple times before it's unsealed!

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 09:08:53 PM

It's the cheapest hardware wallet out there and can be used multiple times before it's unsealed!

I like your project... I've been thinking about getting some and either using them as a crowdfunding reward.

Suggestions:
Add the bitcoin logo  Grin
nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 01:44:40 PM

I like your project... I've been thinking about getting some and either using them as a crowdfunding reward.

Suggestions:
Add the bitcoin logo  Grin

Thanks for the suggestion, space is tight but its a great idea. Maybe on the version after.

TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

I really like these!  I think they could be used to initiate newbs to storing and transferring bitcoin.  Or just to have a cheap disposable wallet!

My biggest issues is my paranoia about any kind of hardware wallet device, whether it is this or trezor, etc: that there may be malicious code built in to steal the bitcoins. 

I know I am paranoid.  I will freely admit it.  So, how can you guarantee that my btc are safe?

Thanks!  I know it must be tough convincing someone like me, but I definitely would buy some if I was pretty certain they were safe.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 07:29:46 PM

I know I am paranoid.  I will freely admit it.  So, how can you guarantee that my btc are safe?

The FAQ on their website should answer your question:
Is the private key unique and secret?

Yes. Opendime is delivered without any private key. You must give it entropy (random numbers) the first time you use it. Once it's gotten enough numbers, it will hash them all together and use that to pick a random number to use as the private key. At that point, the payment address is generated and set in stone.

This whole process is very easy: just copy some files into the USB drive. When it's got enough bits (256k bytes) it will eject itself and come back with its final payment address.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 07:47:39 PM

The FAQ on their website should answer your question:
Is the private key unique and secret?

Yes. Opendime is delivered without any private key. You must give it entropy (random numbers) the first time you use it. Once it's gotten enough numbers, it will hash them all together and use that to pick a random number to use as the private key. At that point, the payment address is generated and set in stone.

This whole process is very easy: just copy some files into the USB drive. When it's got enough bits (256k bytes) it will eject itself and come back with its final payment address.

On top of that, you could unseal and get the WIF (private key) offline and never connect the Opendime to anything after that. Since the OD does not connect to the internet, it's not possible for it to move funds without you

nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 01:15:04 PM

A quick note, the second batch will have multi-language user interface!

中文 • 日本語 • English • Portuguese • Français • Deutsch • Pyccкий

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:26:26 PM

nvK

It sounds like your new wallet is moving along very well.  Congratulations!  I strongly suspect that once several reviews of OPENDIME appear here at this forum (reddit too I suppose), that your sales will be excellent.

But, I agree with above comments that as soon as possible you should have a Bitcoin payment system for purchases.  I hope to be one of the first to order once you have a secure system in place.

I mentioned your product once at Zero Hedge a few weeks ago.  Even though ZH members tend to be against Bitcoin, s knowledgeable member or two thought that your product was a most excellent idea.

Get that production cranked up, resolve the security doubts that some here have, and offer BTC payment as an option, and I suspect your product will FLY....
nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 04:39:47 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 05:36:37 PM by nvK

Thanks OROBTC, we've been taking a bunch of new sales for BTC manually via support and hope to start coding a new shopping cart soon.

On a another note, we have the release notes for this next batch!

Code:
16c11de6269b47689dcad2406677c489bdfbe166c93f78944884952b37a0d902

• Download Example
  • Added 6 translations: 中文 • 日本語 • Portuguese • Français • Deutsch • Pyccкий
  • The red LED briefly flashes in startup mode (was off before)
  • A 32-byte, binary user-supplied message can be signed over a new USB EP0 interface.
  • New code in advanced/trustme.py to test multiple signatures, and more low-level checks.
  • Bugfix: Updated URL for Bitaccess.co (was .ca)
  • Bugfix: Drive didn't always eject/reappear properly on El Capitan
  • Bugfix: Advanced/variables.json showed PRIVKEY_XX... when sealed, now blank instead
  • Performance: disk read performance has been improved.

nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 04:15:55 PM

Neat!

Jeff Garzik on Twitter: "Neat. @opendime = a credstick, from shadowrun science fiction: http://garzikrants.blogspot.ca/2013/06/shadowrun-and-bitcoins-roots.html
https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/741275585939267584

@OPENDIME Already did - these are my comments post-test and post-review.
https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/741281079265370112

AbsoluteT

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:10:14 AM

I like the idea only problem I see is if you use this long term and it malfunctions there is no back up
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 03:19:02 PM

Yeah, it's not recommended for long term storage since there's no way to backup the private key (at least in the current version) according to the FAQ. Still a good solution for those looking for something between a physical coin and a paperwallet.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:15:05 PM

I spent some time on Opendime site trying to figure out how much this piece of hardware cost.
And it turns out it is only visible if you are filling out shipping information, not the best idea imo.
Also as others already pointed - I was disappointed to see you are accepting only credit cards payment.
Because of that I won't be able to buy it unfortunately as I don't have credit/debit card.

The lowest price Opendime package is a pack of three Opendime for $37.50. With Postal Mail shipping to US total cost is $46.20. That works out to a cost of a little over $15 per Opendime. In comparison you can get a full featured Ledger HW.1 hardware wallet shipped free to US for $18.

I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen. Also, you really should have integrated bitcoin payment using Bitpay or Coinbase from the start.

nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 05:52:27 PM

I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen

Opendime is not a direct competitor to Ledger, is meat for a completely different use. In this model, no user knows the private key! So it's less of a wallet and more of a bearer bond.

With Postal Mail shipping to US total cost is...

Our bitcoin shopping cart is almost ready, we've been taking orders via orders@opendime.com for Bitcoin. We've sold a lot in bulk to resellers too, which will likely sell in brick and mortar "retail near you" with no shipping cost. We are looking for a better carrier deal, but this product is not paper thin like ledger so it is not as cheap to ship.

@BitcoinNewsMagazine I would strongly suggest you take a close look at our FAQ and other material on https://opendime.com, a lot to be learned there.

nvK (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 05:54:55 PM

Second batch update!

The new boards are being populated at the factory this week.

If you haven't reserved yours, do it soon!

If you don't want to pay via CreditCard, we've been taking orders for BTCitcoin via orders@opendime.com until the new shopping cart is ready.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 06:33:54 PM

I do not understand the logic of making a customer start to place an order before price can be seen

Opendime is not a direct competitor to Ledger, is meat for a completely different use. In this model, no user knows the private key! So it's less of a wallet and more of a bearer bond.

With Postal Mail shipping to US total cost is...

Our bitcoin shopping cart is almost ready, we've been taking orders via orders@opendime.com for Bitcoin. We've sold a lot in bulk to resellers too, which will likely sell in brick and mortar "retail near you" with no shipping cost. We are looking for a better carrier deal, but this product is not paper thin like ledger so it is not as cheap to ship.

@BitcoinNewsMagazine I would strongly suggest you take a close look at our FAQ and other material on https://opendime.com, a lot to be learned there.

Sorry no interest here in OpenDime. I do have some experience marketing and selling on the web, just pointing out that your potential customers want to see the price up front and pay with bitcoin. You probably have lost customers by not making the web site clearer and incorporating bitcoin payments from the start. Good luck with your project.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: