Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] Don't deal with Pipesnake without escrow  (Read 1799 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:05:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145226.msg1541834;boardseen#new

> does not want to use escrow for a $10,800 transaction

> did NOT attach any email with proof of share count, just proof that he may have some shares, probably less than the 1,000 he's trying to sell

> cancels auction after getting called out by goat & me

> locks topic

Haven't scammed anyone yet, but I'd advise to not deal with pipesnake without escrow.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:02:06 AM

Sure, I love your threat that you sent to me via PM.

Did you trade over $10,800 USD?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:04:26 AM

Almost 2 years in this community.  Members whom have lost money from my "transactions":  Zero.  0.  Zilch.  Nada.

Can other members of this thread claim the same?

I'll be sure to check up on this warning thread, Bitchcuntress, 6 months from now and see if I'm still the one on your scam radar.  And I will laugh and drink wine.

Avast Ye!

You sold video cards and other pretty much low value items. Show me where you traded $10k without an escrow.

Always use protection.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:24:18 PM

He never called you a scammer. He just warned people against performing a $10k+ trade without escrow, which is less "perfectly reasonable" and more "the definition of the word 'reasonable.'"
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:30:09 PM

You sold video cards and other pretty much low value items. Show me where you traded $10k without an escrow.

Always use protection.
Are you even an adult? You typed: "I'll be sure to check up on this warning thread, Bitchcuntress, 6 months from now and see if I'm still the one on your scam radar.  And I will laugh and drink wine.

Avast Ye!"

Roll Eyes

Low value items?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126611.0

250btc in one transaction.  More than enough to buy 1000 ASICminer shares (at IPO value).  Stop quoting in USD you fucking dolt.

You've called me out as a scammer and I have clearly shown you, and the community, you are wrong. No you have not.  And a dumbshit to boot.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Good luck taking possession of your shares boy.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:31:59 AM

Pipesnake is a joke. 
Almost 2 years in this community.  Members whom have lost money from my "transactions":  Zero.  0.  Zilch.  Nada.

I can you whiny little loser.  WHERE IS THE YAWN EMOTE sucka!!!!
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:03:46 AM

Almost 2 years in this community.  Members whom have lost money from my "transactions":  Zero.  0.  Zilch.  Nada.

I'll be sure to check up on this warning thread, Bitchcuntress, 6 months from now and see if I'm still the one on your scam radar.  And I will laugh and drink wine.

Avast Ye!

Why do you have such an issue about using escrow ? You seem pretty defensive about it which sets off massive red flags.

vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:14:20 AM

You could just force the buyer to pay for the escrow's fee, if you don't want to pay them.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

Why do you have such an issue about using escrow ? You seem pretty defensive about it which sets off massive red flags.
I have no problem with escrow.  But who/what holds the escrow is a problem.  I am my own safest escrow as all my contracts have been honored.  My history/feedback clearly shows I am not a scammer.  Why would I trust somebody else in this community where "leaders" have been the biggest scammers of them all?

Having a huge post count, early registration, and some kind of elevated status doesn't mean shit to me.

I was attacked, and labeled a scammer, for merely mentioning I do not want to use escrow nor waste time with 0.0000001 increment bid trolling.  Not to mention the accuser (supposedly) has 2000 shares of his own he's trying to sell:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145226.0

Yes I'm a hothead but at least an honest hothead.  I was hoping to be done with this community but apparently not yet.

You make a big deal out of not trusting others (and rightfully so), but it seems odd since you turn around and expect others to trust you (and react this way when they don't). I wouldn't trust some dude on the internet with $10k+ based on a rep composed of selling video games either.
Maybe if he offered 3% a week and had a shady name.

I don't see why you should trust anybody either though, I wouldn't on either side of this. You're probably gonna have to find a better way to conduct your transactions if you can't find a go between both parties trust.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:06:42 PM

You're probably gonna have to find a better way to conduct your transactions if you can't find a go between both parties trust.
Considering the one time I let my guard down and trusted somebody I was scammed out of 103btc:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112542.0

the only person I trust in this community is me.  Guess I'll be keeping my shares until the ASICMiner trading platform opens (if it opens...)
You do realize you wouldn't have being scammed 103 btc if you used an escrow right? Can use multisig.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Hey, I just read this
and this sounds crazy
but here's my verdict:
Sounds kinda shady.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:44:46 PM

Dangerous. Pipesnake certainly sounds shady here, based on his defensiveness and bizarre insistence that his small trade history is a clear reason he should be blindly trusted with six figures. Unless he proves he owns these shares, he's an (attempted) scammer in my book. Thanks for starting this thread TradeFortress.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:34:30 AM

Hey, I just read this
and this sounds crazy
but here's my verdict:
Sounds kinda shady.

How did I miss this lol Cheesy

Also, escrow.  I wouldn't waive escrow if I was trading with Jesus Hernandez Christ himself.  John's pretty reputable, why not him?  Anyone can say they trust themselves more than anyone, but that only really works if you're trading with your alter ego.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:52:35 AM

Pipesnake just replied with a post and deleted it Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print