Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will trigger the next bubble?  (Read 2652 times)
Warrior B (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:07:52 AM

Been reading a lot of people here in the speculation section. A lot of people on this forum believe there will be more bubble's in the next few years (including myself).

My question: What do you think will trigger the next bubble?  Huh

Heard a lot of theories such as ETF, the 2016 halving, the 2020 halving, a global financial crisis, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:53:10 AM

Right now only known trigger for 2016 pump is upcoming halving and you can see this have already shown effect on market. But thinking of what could be another trigger is quite hard to predict as predicting future of anything is not possible including bitcoin market. Its better you collect some more bitcoin before halving if you want to ride this pump wave.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:10:29 AM

Halving will have no effect on the btc price. The recent rise to 450 has been a long time coming, since February'2016 when price stabilized at around 425-430. We will see 500 in May and 600 in June, if we're lucky. Immediately after the halving in July'2016, the price will plummet to the current level, at 450 where it will stay until the end of the year. If everything goes to plan, the evil twin's ETF will open in late November, early December and will trigger a bubble to 900-1000.

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:13:35 AM

Halving will have no effect on the btc price. The recent rise to 450 has been a long time coming, since February'2016 when price stabilized at around 425-430. We will see 500 in May and 600 in June, if we're lucky. Immediately after the halving in July'2016, the price will plummet to the current level, at 450 where it will stay until the end of the year. If everything goes to plan, the evil twin's ETF will open in late November, early December and will trigger a bubble to 900-1000.
I'll believe this analysis for now, but I think that you're thinking they will be too much of a dumb after the halving. I think people are going to wait a day or two before dumping, and that's when we'll see the low values.
Warrior B (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:41:04 AM

When I refer to bubble, I mean passing the current ATH, not just little swings to 500/600
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 11:46:41 AM

Winklevoss ETF combined with the halving would be huge.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 01:21:53 PM

This year's bubble is expected to happen of the halving. Also recent days showed a bubble just of the bitcoin nature. Such rise is also expected by the days closer to halving.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Ahab_Hunter_of_BearWhale

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:56:49 PM

Very hard to predict when it will commence. Likely we'll see 2-4k at least by the end of this year. Could happen before or after halving. Might even take a few months after the halving. The world is becoming rather unstable, with China in a recession, Brazil having economic and political issues, India not being banked and the US due for a sever recession - Safe havens like btc will thrive.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:05:31 PM

i thinkt he first bubble was triggered by willi bot but only because that moment was propitious

there was doge who brought many newbie in the scene, and willi bot took this as advantage to pump

i think the new one will happen at random instead
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:05:40 PM

1) Bitcoin Core fixes all the problems with segregated witness, lightning network, sidechains, schnorr signatures, confidential transactions, coinjoin... list goes on forever.

2) People in the game see that they are the best, consensus is reached again and Classic and all that FUDster crap goes to hell: consensus to continue Core Roadmap reached.

3) Halving.

4) Governments banning cash and agressive interest rates against people's holdings

Thats how you get rich by holding 20 BTC or more. Just wait for things to unfold and enjoy, it's that easy.
dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Very hard to predict when it will commence. Likely we'll see 2-4k at least by the end of this year. Could happen before or after halving. Might even take a few months after the halving. The world is becoming rather unstable, with China in a recession, Brazil having economic and political issues, India not being banked and the US due for a sever recession - Safe havens like btc will thrive.

$2-4k? Dream on.

Everyone is expecting this, because everyone obviously wants their BTC to grown in monetary value, but it's like not push above the ATH this year.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:09:04 PM

i think one of the biggest triggers for the next bubble is the halving and the hype it brings with itself. everywhere you look, you can see people talking about it on different topics.

but also i believe that block size coming to a conclusion can also have a big effect on the price and cause it to start shooting to the moon.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:13:14 PM

Winklevoss ETF combined with the halving would be huge.

Are there any news about the ETF?
For how many years it is in the pipeline now? Round about 3 years I believe right.
To me it feels like this thing never will get the approval.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:14:25 PM

When I refer to bubble, I mean passing the current ATH, not just little swings to 500/600

By ATH, do you mean the $1250 set during the last months of 2013? There are many possible theories that may trigger the bubble to pass over the current all time high. But theories will be theories because it is unpredictable what may happen in the days to come. Possibly the integration of bitcoins to many platforms. Who knows, really?
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

Wider adoption of Bitcoin will create the next bubble.
There are always people considering the use of Bitcoin, we just have toget them to continue.
A bubble could also be cause dby the fact that there are fewer ways that the system of Bitcoin can be manipulated, making it more secure for users.
Warrior B (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

By ATH, do you mean the $1250 set during the last months of 2013? There are many possible theories that may trigger the bubble to pass over the current all time high. But theories will be theories because it is unpredictable what may happen in the days to come. Possibly the integration of bitcoins to many platforms. Who knows, really?

By ATH yes I mean the $1250 set in late 2013. I believe that once the price reaches that level price will continue climbing in a very violent matter generating a new bubble.

And BTW, this is the speculation section  Grin
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:22:43 PM

Been reading a lot of people here in the speculation section. A lot of people on this forum believe there will be more bubble's in the next few years (including myself).

Heard a lot of theories such as ETF, the 2016 halving, the 2020 halving, a global financial crisis, etc.

When the price wants to go up it either takes no news or little news, im not sure its fair to say anything will be a trigger.  Pretty sure there is some big news already waiting to be told (this is what usually happens) and "they" hold it back to create those big spike tops. 
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:26:34 PM

When the price wants to go up it either takes no news or little news, im not sure its fair to say anything will be a trigger.  Pretty sure there is some big news already waiting to be told (this is what usually happens) and "they" hold it back to create those big spike tops. 
More often than not, the price swings are triggered by someone wanting to make money or short on Bitcoin, or someone saying something negative about bitcoin on the news.

The halving is likely going to be the trigger for the next bubble, so we're just going to have to wait and see what happens to the value until then.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 05:26:59 PM

I think that an agreement about the blocksize will greatly make the price raise, appart from the halving that is very likely to produce a raise too.

Warrior B (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:42:04 PM

I need to ask, who is "they" for you?  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: