Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:33:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit coin Address  (Read 2111 times)
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:33:13 PM

How do i create bitcoin address? what is the cost to purchase it.

use xapo or blockchain to create a free bitcoin wallet.

1: Go to Blockchain.info
2: Go to "Wallet" in Upper Manue
3: Click "Start a New wallet" Blue Button Or "Create My Free Wallet" Green Button,
4: Enter your email address and password and Your wallet is Ready.  
5: You can See your Ready Bitcoin Address in down side of page. with this note: "Share This with anyone and they can send your payments"
You are done..

One Suggestion. Don't Switch to new blockchain wallet. Old blockchain wallet is more better then new one.

It we Switch to new blockchain wallet, the old money in wallet will be lost ?
dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:37:18 PM

3: Click "Start a New wallet" Blue Button Or "Create My Free Wallet" Green Button,
5: You can See your Ready Bitcoin Address in down side of page. with this note: "Share This with anyone and they can send your payments"
You are done..

One Suggestion. Don't Switch to new blockchain wallet. Old blockchain wallet is more better then new one.

Step 6. Cry when you lose all your coins from this crappy online wallet. Don't use blockchain.info. When you set up an email address do you have access to the password? Pretty obvious answer is yes. Well with blockchain.info, THEY have access to your private key (aka: your 'password' for lack of a better term). But they use a simple algorithm that's (apparently) easy to crack and you lose everything. Just Google it. Don't take my word for it.
If then, why I never lose my coins? I have use blockchain.info wallet for a year and it is not "crappy" as I can use it my Bitcoin wallet.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:30:20 AM

You are done..

Step 6. Cry when you lose all your coins from this crappy online wallet. Don't use blockchain.info. When you set up an email address do you have access to the password? Pretty obvious answer is yes. Well with blockchain.info, THEY have access to your private key (aka: your 'password' for lack of a better term). But they use a simple algorithm that's (apparently) easy to crack and you lose everything. Just Google it. Don't take my word for it.
If then, why I never lose my coins? I have use blockchain.info wallet for a year and it is not "crappy" as I can use it my Bitcoin wallet.

Lol. Maybe they only steal coins from people that can speak English I guess. Do you give your cash to the guy on the corner and ask him to hold it or would you put it in a bank? One you have control of and the other you don't.

Terrible logic btw.

Omg guys! I didn't just die when I got electrocuted, so according to that logic I must be invincible!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:09:15 AM

You are done..

Lol. Maybe they only steal coins from people that can speak English I guess. Do you give your cash to the guy on the corner and ask him to hold it or would you put it in a bank? One you have control of and the other you don't.

Terrible logic btw.

Omg guys! I didn't just die when I got electrocuted, so according to that logic I must be invincible!

don't spread FUD about something you don't understand. do some research about blockchain.info and how they are handling things and how they are storing the wallet file on their servers, then also go on github and check out their source code to double check things and then say they have you private keys (they don't)

i am not saying using blockhain.info wallet is safe or wise for a lot of other reasons but what you are saying (bold part) is just FUD spam.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:37:31 PM

You are done..

Terrible logic btw.

don't spread FUD about something you don't understand. do some research about blockchain.info and how they are handling things and how they are storing the wallet file on their servers, then also go on github and check out their source code to double check things and then say they have you private keys (they don't)

i am not saying using blockhain.info wallet is safe or wise for a lot of other reasons but what you are saying (bold part) is just FUD spam.

My here you go:

Reasons not to use this terrible wallet (in case being an online wallet where you don't have control of your private keys wasn't enough):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277595.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303726.0

How many examples were you looking for? I can Google all day here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875805.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368687.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890283.20

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/blockchain-info-bug-exposes-users-private-keys/

How about just the results from Bitcointalk.org. Oh 5 pages from Bitcointalk.org. Nice. I see why you'd want to use the worst wallet in the history of Bitcoin.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=blockchain.info+funds+stolen+site:bitcointalk.org&hl=en&prmd=ivns&ei=XlgmV7qnJ4b4jgSnrL3QDQ&start=10&sa=N

Come on man. Get your head out of your ass. There's FUD and then there's common sense. Are you one of their paid shills?

*Everything is fine fellers, just keep putting your money in Blockchain.info... What's the worse that could happen*

Aaaand it's gone.

I think blockchain.info wallet is safe. People lost bitcoin on blockchain.info because they using unsafe methods to access their wallet. I still have my wallet there.

blockchain.info was hacked.

who said that is it safe? it is not safe. Smiley  

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gentleman-hacker-returns-stolen-bitcoins-blockchain-info/

http://www.coindesk.com/good-samaritan-blockchain-hacker-returned-255-btc-speaks/

hacker : ""Every bitcoin transaction is signed by two values – 'R' and 'S' – which prove that the sender knows the private key. If the same R value is used twice, the private key can be easily computed from the signatures alone.""

and then read this :

http://www.coindesk.com/research-hackers-install-backdoor-bitcoin-cold-storage/

"Even if the manufacturer claims that it runs open-source code, how do you tell whether it is actually running what you compiled?" Verbücheln said.

Rebuttal?
Smedia.Club

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:50:01 PM

There are no cost associated with creating bitcoin address, you can even make custom BTC address starting with unique characters/words for free.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:37:58 PM

Creating a bitcoin address is for free. You need a bitcoin wallet, choose one here https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet you and after downloading the wallet software you can install the wallet. Connected to the wallet is a bitcoin address you can use it for free.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:25:23 AM

My here you go:

Reasons not to use this terrible wallet (in case being an online wallet where you don't have control of your private keys wasn't enough):

First, you are misinformed. Blockchain.info does not have access to your wallet and you do have control of your private keys.

Second, most of the links you provided all relate to a bug in the blockchain.info wallet that caused the R value to be reused. That bug is a legitimate reason to criticize blockchain.info, but keep in mind that the bug was fixed and no wallet is immune to bugs.

Finally, the losses in all of the other links were the result of visiting a phishing site or downloading a virus. Something that blockchain.info cannot be criticized for.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
cpfreeplz
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:55:08 AM

My here you go:

First, you are misinformed. Blockchain.info does not have access to your wallet and you do have control of your private keys.

Second, most of the links you provided all relate to a bug in the blockchain.info wallet that caused the R value to be reused. That bug is a legitimate reason to criticize blockchain.info, but keep in mind that the bug was fixed and no wallet is immune to bugs.

Finally, the losses in all of the other links were the result of visiting a phishing site or downloading a virus. Something that blockchain.info cannot be criticized for.

I'm calling bullshit on that. When I started w/ Bitcoins and some tool suggested I use that crappy wallet I lost 0.05BTC. I had every safety precaution and didn't/don't have a virus/malware. How do I know? 100s of scans later and 3 other wallets (never online of course. I'm not that stupid) and i've never had a loss again. So I had 2FA, no one had access to my computer, I didn't have malware. No one 'phished' the information out of me and that leaves blockchain.info to blame. Of course their stupid generic email was sent out and once this was all explained I was ignored. Crappy app, crappy customer service and crappy security = crappy wallet. Don't use it. Why bother? There are literally 100s of better options. 
Avox

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

★ Selling goodies for designers ★

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 02:10:20 AM

Don't Switch to new blockchain wallet. Old blockchain wallet is more better then new one.

Why old blockchain wallet is more better then new one?
Thanks.

★ Selling downloadable goodies for designers ★
Stock photos, vectors, WordPress themes and plugins, mockups, fonts, banners, posters and much more.
Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:38:55 AM

Thanks.
'coz the beta lacks many important features as compared to the old wallet. Basically, the most important feature or you may call it a bug is that if you do migrate from the old wallet to the new beta one, you'll loose your old address.
P.S.-> other bugs-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1357661.msg13817882#msg13817882
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:33:35 AM

Thanks.
'coz the beta lacks many important features as compared to the old wallet. Basically, the most important feature or you may call it a bug is that if you do migrate from the old wallet to the new beta one, you'll loose your old address.
P.S.-> other bugs-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1357661.msg13817882#msg13817882

The new wallet is an HD wallet, which is better in general than a non-HD wallet for various reasons. But, if the new wallet lacks useful features found in the old wallet, then it might be too soon to switch over.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:37:35 AM

I'm calling bullshit on that. When I started w/ Bitcoins and some tool suggested I use that crappy wallet I lost 0.05BTC. I had every safety precaution and didn't/don't have a virus/malware. How do I know? 100s of scans later and 3 other wallets (never online of course. I'm not that stupid) and i've never had a loss again. So I had 2FA, no one had access to my computer, I didn't have malware. No one 'phished' the information out of me and that leaves blockchain.info to blame. Of course their stupid generic email was sent out and once this was all explained I was ignored. Crappy app, crappy customer service and crappy security = crappy wallet. Don't use it. Why bother? There are literally 100s of better options. 

You lost some bitcoins and you don't know how, so therefore it must be blockchain.info's fault. I would like to suggest the possibility of aliens from another galaxy as an equally plausible explanation.

delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:51:40 AM

You can create a bitcoin wallet on the blockchain.info don't need much time to create it. I think It is so easy to do. Just follow step by step and do verification with your email.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:08:28 AM

You are done..

OMG, Don't please suggest centralized web wallets, he's far better to use standalone clients.

You can create a bitcoin wallet on the blockchain.info don't need much time to create it. I think It is so easy to do. Just follow step by step and do verification with your email.
Read above.

My recommendations are to use Electrum or Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:32:24 AM

For mobile use i prefer Mycellium https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet&hl=en
the best wallet, i think
Avox

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

★ Selling goodies for designers ★

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:03:28 AM

Thanks.

The new wallet is an HD wallet, which is better in general than a non-HD wallet for various reasons. But, if the new wallet lacks useful features found in the old wallet, then it might be too soon to switch over.

@Alaki and @odolvlobo thank you for explanation.

★ Selling downloadable goodies for designers ★
Stock photos, vectors, WordPress themes and plugins, mockups, fonts, banners, posters and much more.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:10:33 AM

You are done..

OMG, Don't please suggest centralized web wallets, he's far better to use standalone clients.

Read above.

Finally, someone else that can think things through logically! It's centralized. Bitcoin is not. Why the hell would you add funds to their wallets?!
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:11:45 AM

google is your friend Smiley
you look stupidly, better to ask google before you ask useless Question.
Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:51:02 AM

You are done..

Read above.

Finally, someone else that can think things through logically! It's centralized. Bitcoin is not. Why the hell would you add funds to their wallets?!
Blockchain is centralized, true.
Bitcoin isn't centralized, true.
But, you aren't actually sending funds to their wallet, it's yours, it's done using JS (look at their github, not sure if someone has audited it)..
But they can leave you open to false-spend attacks, because you aren't actually verifying the blockchain, You are requesting the status from them. and many different attacks that may occur if you don't use blockchain verification...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: