Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: antminer u3 on mac  (Read 973 times)
beatz1122 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:30:46 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 03:52:29 PM by beatz1122

Hey there. I am new to bitcoin mining and just doing it for a bit of fun and to learn.  I have an antimatter u3 running my mac with no problems for last couple days.  The hash rate is 37.23 Gh/s average for that length of time.  I was hoping someone can tell me how to clock it or make it run faster.  I am aware i have to change a command but not sure how to do it on a mac. Looking forward to some info.  Thanks
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:48:08 PM

Hey there. I am new to bitcoin mining and just doing it for a bit of fun and to learn.  I have an antimatter u3 running my mac with no problems for last couple days.  The hash rate is 37.23 Gh/s average for that length of time.  I was hoping someone can tell me how to clock it or make it run faster.  I am aware i have to change a command but not sure how to do it on a mac. Looking forward to some info.  Thanks

Can you tell us more about your setup? Mac is one system I have not used U3 on.  I have done Windows and Linux.  I would assume your using cgminer and varibles are the same to change.

Long term I suggest getting a R1 and using CrazyGuy's custom firmware.
Prime101

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Can you tell us more about your setup? Mac is one system I have not used U3 on.  I have done Windows and Linux.  I would assume your using cgminer and varibles are the same to change.

Where can we get the custom firmware from? is there a github repository?
beatz1122 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:31:18 PM

Yeah, i am using cgminer 4.9.2. and the miner is running off an ATX PSU on 6 pin pic-e cable.  OS X Yosemite 10.10.5   I just plugged in and connected to server and it started mining so it must be standard settings.  When it is mining the is a terminal window on the task bar of mac and when you right click it there is an option " new command " tho any commands i have got from forums that people claim to over clock do not work unless i am typing them wrong.  Apart from that it is mining away with no problems atm. 
welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:38:45 PM

try this buddy fill in you pool deatails tho

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://freicoin.us:4334 -u username -p password --bmsc-freq 0C82 --bmsc-voltage 0800

also the values you can change them to are in the userguide 

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-U3%20user%20guide.pdf

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:56:17 PM

Where can we get the custom firmware from? is there a github repository?

It's in the R1 thread in hardware.  CrazyGuy released it public after he sold first batch (was awsome of him).  With it the R1 can reset zombie's which is great for those who use multiple.  Also you have bitmain GUI that is super easy to use.

I have used it with 3 U3's at one time and it worked great.  Also with it being a R1 it's a pretty low power controller, so save money over time.
beatz1122 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:11:56 AM

try this buddy fill in you pool deatails tho

cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://freicoin.us:4334 -u username -p password --bmsc-freq 0C82 --bmsc-voltage 0800

also the values you can change them to are in the userguide  

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-U3%20user%20guide.pdf

I tried that command here with my username and password and pool details  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrk2tqz70o6v9c9/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-29%20at%2010.02.36.png?dl=0

when i hit run this is what comes up.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/10864xl9ku4ira7/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-29%20at%2010.03.49.png?dl=0

hopefully them links worked   Embarrassed
welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 10:19:11 AM

sorry try with this or try to find the command to start cgminer in whatever os ur using as he one i posted was for windows try it without the .exe

cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://freicoin.us:4334 -u username -p password --bmsc-freq 0C82 --bmsc-voltage 0800

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
beatz1122 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:32:14 PM

sorry try with this or try to find the command to start cgminer in whatever os ur using as he one i posted was for windows try it without the .exe

cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:1 -o stratum+tcp://freicoin.us:4334 -u username -p password --bmsc-freq 0C82 --bmsc-voltage 0800
Hey sorry,  I tried that but nothing happens. just that same window as before.   Not sure how to find the command to start cgminer.  Might consider getting a raspberry pi to run it on.  Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: