Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BITINSTANT down ? (Invalid Exchange) .. 2013  (Read 1639 times)
kikotoby (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:32:07 PM

Cry  OK boys n girls as it stands now it looks as though BITINSTANT on of our favorite  ways to buy BTC is down..It would seem that you can not make cash deposits to any wallet through BITINSTANT.. Bummer i know . I like the ease of the use .Yes their support sucks  we all know that but they do get back to you if you post on their  support@bitinstant.com  site.
I have heard alot about them being scammers and such and this is just no so..I dont work for them so i dont really care i am just a client but i know that these guys want to go mainsteam so it is in their best interest to keep all happy. I know that they have very little staff but i doubt if these guys are thieves ..
That being said i too had my 203.95 $ in BTC taken for 3 days . I finally received them but was still charged all the appropriate fees..Not happy to say the least but at least i have my BTC.
I PMed Yankee the said CEO and i got charlie one of the owners of this site. They sent my funds but still im missing my 1.5 BTC .SO i know that i have said that these guys look like they are stand up guys that want to make it to the bigs ..This is true but they need to get on the ball with their support team. If anyone has anything interesting a story to add about how they got screwed over please add away..
Is this the last we shall see of BITINSTANT boys n girls or will they make a stunning recovery. Huh Is this the act of some nefarios  or DOS attack by hackers or worse the US government!! Stay tuned for the next episode of BITWARS...

ps Im going to make a thread about this but if anyone has a complete list of optional safe ways to buy bitcoins then pm me or start it yourself..Ive yet to see one..
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:39:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.1140
this thread not good enough?

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
dudeamyer

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

I picked the wrong day to buy bitcoins.  I have been trying since yesterday to contact Bitinstant.  I don't know where my funds are!  They should have posted something saying they were down and not to use them.  This is really pissing me off.  Bit Instant my ass.
wateristasty

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 05:52:17 PM

I picked the wrong day to buy bitcoins.  I have been trying since yesterday to contact Bitinstant.  I don't know where my funds are!  They should have posted something saying they were down and not to use them.  This is really pissing me off.  Bit Instant my ass.

I'm in the same boat, I hope they decide to start communicating.
kikotoby (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:58:02 PM

I picked the wrong day to buy bitcoins.  I have been trying since yesterday to contact Bitinstant.  I don't know where my funds are!  They should have posted something saying they were down and not to use them.  This is really pissing me off.  Bit Instant my ass.

I'm in the same boat, I hope they decide to start communicating.

hey go to BITFLOOR now! Dude so fast ,or at least just as fast as doing it the BITINSTNT way..The only thing thats bad about is that you have to put cash in an account at BOFA so you can only do it at the hours of the bank.I know sucks but it works perfectly..Had a really good exp. with them Try it..It was made for day traders i think. Ill go back to BITINSTANT if they ever come online again.I really liked it till all the DOS attacks and what not..anyway BITFLOOR is the way to go..
kikotoby (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:59:06 PM

yea i feel hella dumb..I was refering to only when it was down or messed up not all the rest but yea  duuuuuh lol
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:10:23 PM

I thought the thread title was referring to certain exchange options being down..like when BTC-e runs out of reserves. Options will go away/return as exchanges reserves fluctuate.
kikotoby (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:44:45 PM

I thought the thread title was referring to certain exchange options being down..like when BTC-e runs out of reserves. Options will go away/return as exchanges reserves fluctuate.

YEA i know sorry i should have made it clear .I wanted this thread to be about BITINSTANT outages nothing more.I guess it was kinda of a bad idea because their exist,s a dedicated thread to  Bitinstant.. Duhhh dont i feel dumb .lol
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:46:43 PM

I think that it is down again, bought yesterday around 4 pm and I STILL dont have my coins.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

4% preimum fee for coins/funds in less than an hour after purchase and 20 hours later ...nothing!

ive messaged, called, emailed, carriour pigion and no reply,

anybody else having troubles with this Huh

just frustrating whenyou spend 500 to buy coins at 143.42 ....I had them sent to bitstamp so i could buy last ight....waited and waited, this morning i wake up and see that it is at 158. grrrr. thats 3.5 (ish) coins i would have got, times that by how many dollars it has gone up, so times 3.5x15 is 52.5 aughhhhhh
that 52.50 i just lost because of bitinstant. plus the primum 4% fee 20 dollars more.

cool I just lost 72.50 THANKS BITINSTANT!!!! YOUR THE BEST!
glt512

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:53:33 PM

I just found it funny that on their website it says it will take an estimated 4 minutes, and a guaranteed 1 hour. both times I have used bitinstant it has taken more than a day.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:15:23 PM

I just found it funny that on their website it says it will take an estimated 4 minutes, and a guaranteed 1 hour. both times I have used bitinstant it has taken more than a day.

guarantee!?! money back than! if they advertise this and you dont get it than the service fee (the 3.999%) should be refunded. everyone should demand a refund of this fee if it ever takes longer than an houre. they have our money! what is the hold up!?!?!?! its not a bank transfer its not a check in the mail its not a verify funds it is a moneygram that is instantaneous!

I have contacted zip zap and they told me that they got the money one minute after i sent it and they dont know why bitinstant is taking so long.  also after talking with management there is word around zipzap that they may not do buisness with bitinstant anymore becouse they are a shady companie that does this.

one thing i know is that if they did this to say 1,000 people (probably five to ten times this but ill low ball it) at an average of 400 (but if you are going to pay the 3.95 zipzap fee every time i dont know why you wouldn't just do 500) anyways ill low ball it and say 400. now thats 400,000. now they gotta pay out sooner or latter but say they keep that for one day and the market goes up from 143 to 158. that is an increase of 15 per bit. so 400,000 at 143 is 2,797 coins times this by 15 you get 41,955. they just made 41,955!!!!! and thats the low ball!!! good god! oh plus the service fee of 3.99% so another 1,600 dollars. damn it!
glt512

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:18:47 PM

yes, but they have been paying out the difference to people that bought coins when they were like $80 and are now $150, so it's not like they're really profiting from all of that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: