Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What could really stop bitcoin now?  (Read 3927 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:51:40 PM

Stopping peer to peer is a very difficult task. You'll either need to stop all the peers or their underlying network.
I suppose stopping the internet or making computers illegal would be extremely unpopular for any kind of government/authority!

Any legislation which allows outside forces (i.e., the government and all its pets) to spy on what you do on your computer would likely bring an end to, well, almost anything, but Bitcoin included.  I don't think they're ever going to stop introducing new bills about it, until they've lobbied their way into your hard drive Shocked  Last I heard was CISPA, but there's bound to be plenty more under different guises all aiming for the same thing.  VPN is pretty easy to get nowadays tho...

taltamir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:29:18 AM

Stopping peer to peer is a very difficult task. You'll either need to stop all the peers or their underlying network.
I suppose stopping the internet or making computers illegal would be extremely unpopular for any kind of government/authority!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_packet_inspection

Actually they wouldn't even need that, they just need basic filtering to detect the existence of bitcoin activity and then police raids your house.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: