Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:38:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 issue  (Read 2779 times)
brainsick (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:44:34 PM

Hey guys,

This antminer worked perfect for 20 days, then this problem happened.
what i have done :
1- replaced the power supply.
2- changed fan sockets.
3- upgraded the software.

i still have the same problem check the miner status one of the asics shows 0 temp.

any suggestions?

http://s13.postimg.org/p3llsnfpj/prob.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 10:49:24 PM

Hey guys,

what i have done :
2- changed fan sockets.

i still have the same problem check the miner status one of the asics shows 0 temp.

any suggestions?

which batch? wondering because your frequency is 600

sobe-it

Activity: 453

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:56:45 PM

It looks like your missing chips on the board that says 0 for temp. I bet something happened to a chip or it fell off the board like some people have posted about on this forum, if that happens you basically lose the whole board. Contact bitmain and show them this picture and follow their instructions other wise you WILL void your warranty.
brainsick (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:02:01 PM

Hey guys,

what i have done :
2- changed fan sockets.

any suggestions?

which batch? wondering because your frequency is 600

The one which hashes at 4.86
brainsick (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:11:42 PM

It looks like your missing chips on the board that says 0 for temp. I bet something happened to a chip or it fell off the board like some people have posted about on this forum, if that happens you basically lose the whole board. Contact bitmain and show them this picture and follow their instructions other wise you WILL void your warranty.

Have gotten it from amazon i have no warranty i live in egypt

any help?
sobe-it

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:42:13 PM

It should have a warranty no matter where you bought it unless it was from someone who bought from them and sold it as is (basically 2nd hand) but why not try anyways. If all else fails you could try to diagnose and try to repair it yourself if your tech savvy. Its not hard to put a chip back on if that's the issue. If not then pay someone who can or just write it off as a loss and move on (maybe sell the board to at least get something back).
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:15:38 AM

It should have a warranty no matter where you bought it unless it was from someone who bought from them and sold it as is (basically 2nd hand) but why not try anyways. If all else fails you could try to diagnose and try to repair it yourself if your tech savvy. Its not hard to put a chip back on if that's the issue. If not then pay someone who can or just write it off as a loss and move on (maybe sell the board to at least get something back).
If nothing else works, I'll be happy to buy the dead board for a fair price.
Actual miner price is 1400$. It will be 1100 in January with batch 9.
I'll pay 250$+ shipping to France for the dead board.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:58:05 AM

The board may be alive. Try to connect this "dead" board to controller board with cable used by another board, any of those that working normally.

In your case it seems that controller board has no connection with right-most board (if you look from the "front" of S7).

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
CoinBoerse.com

Activity: 277

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

The board may be alive. Try to connect this "dead" board to controller board with cable used by another board, any of those that working normally.

In your case it seems that controller board has no connection with right-most board (if you look from the "front" of S7).

This worked for me thanks!
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:23:26 PM

I wonder if the board had not connection how was the frequency was displayed?Any body can explain?
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

I think its the chip inside... Do what @Rabinovitch has said and connect the chip using another cable from another one... If it works, then the problem lies in the cable not the chip...
Idk about frequency, maybe someone else can help
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:38:43 PM

I think its the chip inside... Do what @Rabinovitch has said and connect the chip using another cable from another one... If it works, then the problem lies in the cable not the chip...
Idk about frequency, maybe someone else can help

On chips on batch 8 right on top when you open the box is a paper making sure you look at chip's/heasinks.  If a heatsink would fall it could stop a few chips or worse depending on what happens.

I read from above buying from amazon.  At this point I don't think any 3rd party has warranty with bitmain, at one point they had official re-sellers..... but was long ago.  I highly suggest getting it direct from bitmain.   Even though it might seem small a 90 day warranty is very important to run it and make sure everything is ok.  As in all honestly you cannot tell that when you get shipment from say amazon just by opening box and looking if it's going to work long term
sobe-it

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

But if it didnt see a board from a cable issue then it shouldnt see any asics, the pictures shows ~1/3 of the chips are found and the board temp reads 0 with no hashing speed. I went through the whole s5 diagnosis when one of my s5s was a board down and from what I have seen dropping chips and heatsinks is common in the s5+ and s7. It also worked for almost a month with no issues. I wish you luck but I went on a wild goose chase when my s5 was a board down.
nakkacho

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:47:31 AM

Antminer s7 stop working ,  I have checked with different power supplies and also with different Internet connection , I have also make it hard reset few times but it doesn't hash, I can't access it through  ip on  my pc,  b4 there red light is blink but after I plugged in all pins and turn it on then after red  light not blink too.and now miner not going start . how I can access it with lan as it doesn't appear in lan?
i talk to bitman the told me (Would you please send us the screenshot when the machine is connected with the monitor ) but how i send that bcz machine is connect with monitor?
please tell me what will i do this month my warranty going finish
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:28:40 PM

Antminer s7 stop working ,  I have checked with different power supplies and also with different Internet connection , I have also make it hard reset few times but it doesn't hash, I can't access it through  ip on  my pc,  b4 there red light is blink but after I plugged in all pins and turn it on then after red  light not blink too.and now miner not going start . how I can access it with lan as it doesn't appear in lan?
i talk to bitman the told me (Would you please send us the screenshot when the machine is connected with the monitor ) but how i send that bcz machine is connect with monitor?
please tell me what will i do this month my warranty going finish

If you cannot connect you cannot send that screenshot, contact bitmain and explain you cannot even get to status screen.   As it sounds like they misunderstood your problem.

Make sure to put how you cannot access it at all in your next email.  They should understand that.  What they suggest...  not sure.  But at least they will understand your problem after next email
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:37:02 AM

@nakkacho,

Were you able to get the assistance and your S7 up and running?

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 07:53:56 AM

I have 3 not hashing borads @ zero temp.Here is the link.Any suggestions?

http://prntscr.com/b47pmr
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 07:40:21 PM

What version of S7 is this?

Please adjust to the correct frequency.  Its either 575, 600, 625 or 700

Also, the correct firmware version

I have 3 not hashing borads @ zero temp.Here is the link.Any suggestions?

http://prntscr.com/b47pmr

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: