Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:57:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese OffShore Investing  (Read 481 times)
Evildrum (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:52:38 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/radisson-hotel-chain-latest-u-s-giant-be-snapped-chinese-n564011

Radisson Hotel Chain Is Latest U.S. Giant to Be Snapped Up By Chinese

A unit of Chinese conglomerate HNA Group has agreed to buy Carlson Hotels, which owns brands including Radisson and Country Inns and Suites, the latest in a flurry of overseas investments by Chinese companies.

HNA Tourism Group will acquire all of Carlson Hotels Inc., the companies said in a joint statement released late Wednesday that did not disclose the purchase price.

They said that Carlson's headquarters would remain in Minnetonka, Minn., after the deal is completed.

HNA Tourism Chairman Bai Haibo said buying Carlson Hotels will help the Chinese company "establish our presence in the U.S. market and expand our footprint in hospitality internationally."

He added that HNA would "accelerate growth by investing substantially in the business."

The purchase is the latest in a string of global transactions by Chinese companies as they diversify abroad to counter slowing growth at home while also scooping up foreign expertise and technology.

Other deals this year include Haier Group's acquisition of General Electric's home appliance business, conglomerate Wanda Group's purchase of Hollywood studio Legendary Entertainment, and state-owned ChemChina's mammoth $43 billion bid for Swiss pesticide maker Syngenta. It also comes weeks after China's Anbang Insurance Group was thwarted by Marriott International in its attempt to acquire Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.

As part of the deal, the Chinese company will also acquire a 51.3 percent stake in Brussels-based Rezidor Hotel Group AB, which operates Carlson hotels in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Under Swedish takeover rules, HNA is required to either buy the remaining shares of Rezidor it doesn't own or sell its stake down to 30 percent.

Carlson has 1,400 hotels in 115 countries and territories and employs about 90,000 staff worldwide.

HNA Group, based in southern Hainan province, operates hotels, airlines, airports and financial services and real estate businesses.

The deal is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to be completed in the second half of 2016.

This is happening all over the world and all I ever read is speculation on why this is happening. Some say its money laundering,others say it
to beat the current crackdown and lastly I hear its a plan to economically cripple or make dependent the countries they have targeted.
Thoughts..

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:49:02 PM

This isn't money laundering at all. Just sound investment in foreign countries. There's nothing wrong, nor does it hides anything. Why? I see it as very normal that when you're successful in your home country, you try to widen your horizon, and look at other countries for growth.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Evildrum (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:36:42 AM

This isn't money laundering at all. Just sound investment in foreign countries. There's nothing wrong, nor does it hides anything. Why? I see it as very normal that when you're successful in your home country, you try to widen your horizon, and look at other countries for growth.

Well you can believe what you want, I know you have some different views but if you lived in a area effected by them you would see it differently.

We have real estate agents on our door step once a week. Mail from 3-4 of them a day and all the mail is in English/Chinese.
We have blocks where 3 people live and the rest are empty falling apart neglected. Talking about million dollar houses. Apartments where there is less than 40% of people living. It has pushed the young and old a like out of the city because their is no where affordable to live.
Now they are buying up industrial and warehouses.
So companies will be run out next.
We are called Hongcover for a reason.

The money is brought in through lawyers and other funky ways...Just google Vancouver B.C (Canada) real estate bubble.
They say the next generations will have no chance of owning a home.

So back to the corrupt aspect.
Homes go online in our hot market 24 hours earlier in China. They sometimes out bid by half a million because they can flip it a couple months later.
We had a building bought by a fake company last week to be flipped for 18 more million in a week.

We are in the extreme here but they have done this all over.

Look at how pissed a lot of the coastal African Countries are with them stripping them of their resources.

Economic warfare.

Evildrum (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:10:34 PM

Need to really start looking into these issues.

Started here with homes and now its warehouse and industrial land. Apartments,townhouses and condos are now starting to join the rank. Seems like a systematic attack,drive the people out and you pretty much can extend your borders. Its a really interesting plan of attack and I think governments are waking up to the fact a little to late if at all.

Australia blocks largest private farm sale to Chinese over national interest
The refusal to sell to the Chinese-based Dakang Australia Holdings and Australian-listed company Australian Rural Capital is only a preliminary decision
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/australasia/article/1940025/australia-blocks-largest-private-farm-sale-chinese-over

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:19:53 PM

Well you can believe what you want, I know you have some different views but if you lived in a area effected by them you would see it differently.

We have real estate agents on our door step once a week. Mail from 3-4 of them a day and all the mail is in English/Chinese.
We have blocks where 3 people live and the rest are empty falling apart neglected. Talking about million dollar houses. Apartments where there is less than 40% of people living. It has pushed the young and old a like out of the city because their is no where affordable to live.
Now they are buying up industrial and warehouses.
So companies will be run out next.
We are called Hongcover for a reason.

The money is brought in through lawyers and other funky ways...Just google Vancouver B.C (Canada) real estate bubble.
They say the next generations will have no chance of owning a home.

So back to the corrupt aspect.
Homes go online in our hot market 24 hours earlier in China. They sometimes out bid by half a million because they can flip it a couple months later.
We had a building bought by a fake company last week to be flipped for 18 more million in a week.

We are in the extreme here but they have done this all over.

Look at how pissed a lot of the coastal African Countries are with them stripping them of their resources.

Economic warfare.

I'm very well aware of the situation. I had a flight via Toulouse, France, last month, the airport now belongs to China. I don't know how such a thing could have happened, I landed in France via an international flight, in a French airport, but the owners are Chinese. Greece has sold to lot to foreigners.

It's not about the next generations. This is now. In London or Paris, millions of today's young people will never be able to afford a home.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Evildrum (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:45:51 PM

Did not realize France was so hit by this,usually just read about Sydney (OZ) and Vancouver(CA) being hit.
Its hard not to sound racist about this issue and think that is why its happening so quickly. Once we wake up as a mass it will be to late.

Plan to keep this thread active with more stories to reflect the change.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:46:04 PM

I am not surprised. The American federal debt is ballooning out of control, thanks to the war machine. Rich lenders are no longer interested in purchasing the United States Treasury Bonds, as their reliability is going down every year. China has stopped buying treasury bonds, and on the other hand has shifted their focus to properties and bullion.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:53:20 PM

Looks like east asia and USA will get some good money from the chinese that are escaping communist tyrrany and capital controls.

Good for them, i hope they buy bitcoins too.

West man

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:59:38 PM

Seems that the trump towers will get more backing now from those Americans that can't stomach him.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BetcoinRakeback.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
████▄█▄████
███████████
████▄█▄████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/tr
Evildrum (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:04:50 AM

Looks like east asia and USA will get some good money from the chinese that are escaping communist tyrrany and capital controls.

It looks that way but what if is more sinister and its the actual government pushing this take over.
Think about it as a slow take over...
Push the workers out by buying up all the real estate, thats step one.
Step two buy the warehouses, industrial and farm land. This gives you control of work and land.
Step three you buy into the resources and bring in your workers because local workers are not skilled enough.
These things have all happened, which leaves what as the next step?

Enrolling in a language class to learn how to speak my Countries new official language.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:10:23 AM

The Americans are not getting this money for free and the Chinese are not that stupid to threw their spare change to the Americans. They are purchasing property and other assets. Obviously, if you are purchasing something, then you have to make a payment. My question is what will happen once the Chinese mop up most of the properties? What would be left for the Americans to sell? Their kidneys?
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:37:43 AM

The Americans are not getting this money for free and the Chinese are not that stupid to threw their spare change to the Americans. They are purchasing property and other assets. Obviously, if you are purchasing something, then you have to make a payment. My question is what will happen once the Chinese mop up most of the properties? What would be left for the Americans to sell? Their kidneys?

They would own the country, like what had happened to my country most businesses are owned by the Chinese thus they own most of the drug businesses
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: