Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix database problem  (Read 308 times)
elobizph (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:29:40 AM

So my hosting says I need to fix this issue to optimize my sites performance

​Here is the join query which causes significant performance issues and should be optimized or re-written and split into few simple queries:

​select *, count(distinct views.views_id) as ViewCount from campaigns left join views ON views.views_campaign_id = campaigns.campaigns_id left join rates on rates.rates_id = campaigns.campaigns_rates_id where campaigns.campaigns_budget_used_today < campaigns.campaigns_daily_budget and campaigns.campaigns_current_budget > 0 and campaigns.campaigns_approved = 1 and campaigns.campaigns_status = 0 and campaigns.campaigns_payment_accepted = 1 and campaigns_device = 1 or campaigns.campaigns_device = 0 and rates_location = '' or rates.rates_location IS NULL group by campaigns.campaigns_daily_budget having ViewCount <= campaigns.campaigns_ordered_views * 1000 order by campaigns.campaigns_daily_budget asc

​It is a complex query with joins, which does not use indexes for some of the used columns. As the result, MySQL server creates temporary tables, performs scan of lots of table rows, and takes seconds to complete, which is not normal.

We have added indexes to the tables and columns used in the query​.​ However it can not fix the issue completely, and the query still takes a few seconds. The solution would be to rewrite the query, or replace it with a few simple select queries which use indexes.

Pm me if you can fix it.and how much
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:34:31 AM

I'm a DBA, i can have a look at this if you want to... I charge $35/hour for DBA work.
You're only joining 3 tables tough, i find it a bit odd it would take this long, but i can only say for sure after i've inspected your database.

elobizph (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:39:05 AM

I'm a DBA, i can have a look at this if you want to... I charge $35/hour for DBA work.
You're only joining 3 tables tough, i find it a bit odd it would take this long, but i can only say for sure after i've inspected your database.
ok I just pmed you and I hope we can fix it as soon as possible.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:43:39 AM

ok I just pmed you and I hope we can fix it as soon as possible.

BTW: forgot to mention this, about the timing: i have some spare time on my lunchbreak today, and this evening... If your problem is fixable in 1-2 hours, i can do this today, otherwise it'll be tomorrow morning.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:57:58 AM

$35 an hour ? lol .OP the problem doesn't seem to be that tough neither the query is complex.I would fix the issue for $10 and provide you the most optimal run time of it.Unfortunately I don't have time on me but I will try and send you a fix maybe tomorrow.

If you wish to save your $35 ,go to freelancer.in ,any Indian will get it done within seconds for as cheap as $5.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:03:27 AM

$35 an hour ? lol .OP the problem doesn't seem to be that tough neither the query is complex.I would fix the issue for $10 and provide you the most optimal run time of it.Unfortunately I don't have time on me but I will try and send you a fix maybe tomorrow.

If you wish to save your $35 ,go to freelancer.in ,any Indian will get it done within seconds for as cheap as $5.

I'm sorry you feel the need to ridicule $35/hour, this is the common rate for dba work in my country.
I haven't analysed the problem yet, but if you offer to do it for $10, the OP is still free to chose you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: